You might not think you can get good BBQ at Disney Springs, but thanks to the opening of The Polite Pig in April 2017, you now can.
I recently attended a beer and food pairing at the eatery, but they were nice enough to let me try a few other items, as well.
The Polite Pig is from the same people that brought you the outstanding Ravenous Pig and Cask & Larder, so I expected a quality selection of BBQ, and I wasn’t disappointed.
Standouts are the Southern Pig sandwich, featuring pulled pork topped with fennel-apple slaw, tangy mustard BBQ sauce, and a slather of Duke’s mayo. It’s a tasty version of a southern classic.
And if you prefer brisket to pork, the coffee-rubbed prime brisket (top photo) has a crispy almost burnt-end quality outside with a tender inside full of flavor.
No sauce is needed, but should you want some, they have four varieties on tap.
I also enjoyed the pretzel appetizer which featured a dusting of crushed hops on the pretzel, which paired well with the IPA mustard and beer cheese dips.
The real surprise are the sides, most vegetarian and adaptable to vegan. In fact the non-meat eaters in your group will find plenty to eat here.
The whisky-caramel glazed Crispy Brussels Sprouts (top photo) are a must. I don’t even like brussels sprouts and I ate the whole serving, wanting more. Other favorites include the Tomato and Watermelon Salad (with crumbled feta, basil, and pickled onions), and the Roasted Beets salad (with pecan granola, goat cheese, orange slices, and a yogurt drizzle).
I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the brews. They offer four Cask & Larder brews, making them the only place in Disney Springs serving their own craft beer. The dark Working Man Porter was my favorite, and paired well with the brisket. I also enjoyed the slightly hoppy Red Drum Amber Ale.
The drink menu also includes other Florida craft beers, as well as wines, and craft cocktails.
The Polite Pig has become one of my favorite places to eat in the Disney area. I stop by every time I’m at Disney Springs. Visit politepig.com for a full menu and more information.
Insider tip: Park for free in the Lime Garage. The Polite Pig is located to the right at the bottom of the garage escalators.
Disclaimer: I was hosted for a media event. As always, my opinions are my own and honest.
- The Roth Family Jewish Community Center to Host Author Jenna Blum Aug 27 .. @Jenna_Blum @orlandoJCC - August 16, 2019
- Disney On Ice Presents Road Trip Adventures at Amway Center Sept 6-8 + Ticket Giveaway! .. @DisneyOnIce #RoadTripAdventures - August 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Hosts Grand Opening of NBA Experience at Disney Springs .. #Disney #NBAExperience - August 13, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Hosts Free Open House for Fall Arts Classes Aug 17 .. @DrPhillipsCtr - August 12, 2019
- The Orlando Boat Show Returns August 16-18, 2019 + Win Tickets! #Giveaway #TheOrlandoBoatShow - August 8, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Fall 2019 Classes Now on Sale … @DrPhillipsCtr - August 6, 2019
- Central Florida Foodies Events For August 2019 ::UPDATED:: #OrlandoFoodies - July 31, 2019
- Out and About: Smoothie King Serves Up Pure Pineapple Recharge for Summer #ad @SmoothieKing - July 30, 2019
- Taste! Central Florida Announces Over 40 Participants for 2019 Event @TasteCFL - July 29, 2019
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 27, 2019: Ocean Prime Orlando, Boxi Park, Tijuana Flats, Del Frisco’s, and More - July 27, 2019