You might not think you can get good BBQ at Disney Springs, but thanks to the opening of The Polite Pig in April 2017, you now can.
I recently attended a beer and food pairing at the eatery, but they were nice enough to let me try a few other items, as well.
The Polite Pig is from the same people that brought you the outstanding Ravenous Pig and Cask & Larder, so I expected a quality selection of BBQ, and I wasn’t disappointed.
Standouts are the Southern Pig sandwich, featuring pulled pork topped with fennel-apple slaw, tangy mustard BBQ sauce, and a slather of Duke’s mayo. It’s a tasty version of a southern classic.
And if you prefer brisket to pork, the coffee-rubbed prime brisket (top photo) has a crispy almost burnt-end quality outside with a tender inside full of flavor.
No sauce is needed, but should you want some, they have four varieties on tap.
I also enjoyed the pretzel appetizer which featured a dusting of crushed hops on the pretzel, which paired well with the IPA mustard and beer cheese dips.
The real surprise are the sides, most vegetarian and adaptable to vegan. In fact the non-meat eaters in your group will find plenty to eat here.
The whisky-caramel glazed Crispy Brussels Sprouts (top photo) are a must. I don’t even like brussels sprouts and I ate the whole serving, wanting more. Other favorites include the Tomato and Watermelon Salad (with crumbled feta, basil, and pickled onions), and the Roasted Beets salad (with pecan granola, goat cheese, orange slices, and a yogurt drizzle).
I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the brews. They offer four Cask & Larder brews, making them the only place in Disney Springs serving their own craft beer. The dark Working Man Porter was my favorite, and paired well with the brisket. I also enjoyed the slightly hoppy Red Drum Amber Ale.
The drink menu also includes other Florida craft beers, as well as wines, and craft cocktails.
The Polite Pig has become one of my favorite places to eat in the Disney area. I stop by every time I’m at Disney Springs. Visit politepig.com for a full menu and more information.
Insider tip: Park for free in the Lime Garage. The Polite Pig is located to the right at the bottom of the garage escalators.
Disclaimer: I was hosted for a media event. As always, my opinions are my own and honest.
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Wallflowers Oct 26 @HRHUniversalORL @TheWallflowers - October 16, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces New Annual Pass Program - October 15, 2018
- Wild Florida Hosts Sloth Week with Free Admission Oct 15-20 @WildFlorida - October 14, 2018
- Out and About: Sonny’s BBQ Celebrates National Pulled Pork Day 2018 with New Limited Menu Items - October 12, 2018
- Orlando International Airport Has Raised Parking Prices - October 11, 2018
- Annual Pink Off Park Celebration Returns October 19 in Winter Park - October 8, 2018
- Come Out With Pride 2018 Celebrates Orlando’s LGBTQ+ Community Oct 8-14 #KeepDancingOrlando @OrlandoPride - October 7, 2018
- Celebrate #NationalTacoDay 2018 on October 4 With These Orlando-Area Restaurants - October 4, 2018
- Infinity Falls to Open at SeaWorld Orlando October 4, 2018 - October 3, 2018
- Central Florida Foodie Events For October 2018 - October 1, 2018