You might not think you can get good BBQ at Disney Springs, but thanks to the opening of The Polite Pig in April 2017, you now can.
I recently attended a beer and food pairing at the eatery, but they were nice enough to let me try a few other items, as well.
The Polite Pig is from the same people that brought you the outstanding Ravenous Pig and Cask & Larder, so I expected a quality selection of BBQ, and I wasn’t disappointed.
Standouts are the Southern Pig sandwich, featuring pulled pork topped with fennel-apple slaw, tangy mustard BBQ sauce, and a slather of Duke’s mayo. It’s a tasty version of a southern classic.
And if you prefer brisket to pork, the coffee-rubbed prime brisket (top photo) has a crispy almost burnt-end quality outside with a tender inside full of flavor.
No sauce is needed, but should you want some, they have four varieties on tap.
I also enjoyed the pretzel appetizer which featured a dusting of crushed hops on the pretzel, which paired well with the IPA mustard and beer cheese dips.
The real surprise are the sides, most vegetarian and adaptable to vegan. In fact the non-meat eaters in your group will find plenty to eat here.
The whisky-caramel glazed Crispy Brussels Sprouts (top photo) are a must. I don’t even like brussels sprouts and I ate the whole serving, wanting more. Other favorites include the Tomato and Watermelon Salad (with crumbled feta, basil, and pickled onions), and the Roasted Beets salad (with pecan granola, goat cheese, orange slices, and a yogurt drizzle).
I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the brews. They offer four Cask & Larder brews, making them the only place in Disney Springs serving their own craft beer. The dark Working Man Porter was my favorite, and paired well with the brisket. I also enjoyed the slightly hoppy Red Drum Amber Ale.
The drink menu also includes other Florida craft beers, as well as wines, and craft cocktails.
The Polite Pig has become one of my favorite places to eat in the Disney area. I stop by every time I’m at Disney Springs. Visit politepig.com for a full menu and more information.
Insider tip: Park for free in the Lime Garage. The Polite Pig is located to the right at the bottom of the garage escalators.
Disclaimer: I was hosted for a media event. As always, my opinions are my own and honest.
- Madonna Brings Madame X Tour to Miami for 5 Dates in December 2019 #Madonna - May 21, 2019
- Tickets Now Available for #NBA Experience Opening this Summer at #DisneySprings - May 20, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Partners with Rocket Mortgage to Honor Apollo 11 Crew @ExploreSpaceKSC - May 19, 2019
- Universal Orlando Offers First Look at Hagrid from Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Ride #HarryPotter #WizardingWorldOrlando - May 18, 2019
- Reggaeton Icon J Balvin to Play @AmwayCenter September 2019 - May 17, 2019
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2019 #Epcot Food & Wine Festival at #WaltDisneyWorld - May 16, 2019
- INCUBUS Brings 20th Anniversary Tour to Dr. Phillips Center Nov 2019 - May 15, 2019
- TODAY Show to Live Broadcast the Grand Opening of #TODAYCafe at #UniversalOrlando @TODAYshow - May 14, 2019
- M•A•C Cosmetics to Host World Premiere Event for Disney’s Aladdin Collection at #DisneySprings @MACCosmetics - May 14, 2019
- Monster Jam World Finals XX Saturday Night Competition Winners #MonsterJam - May 13, 2019