Starting in 2018, Theatre UCF presents Pegasus PlayLab, a new summer theatre festival dedicated to developing plays by emerging playwrights.
It will offer three staged readings of new plays in the Black Box and one fully-mounted production on the Main Stage. The workshop process will span six weeks from mid-May through the end of June, with performances running through August.
This is your opportunity to be involved in a play development process with playwrights from across the country, and support emerging voices!
Here are the scheduled performances:
FULL PRODUCTION • Main Stage
June 14-24 & August 23-26, 2018
By Eric Pfeffinger • Directed by Be Boyd
Seen in PlayFest 2017 at Orlando Shakespeare Theater—When a fertility clinic mistakenly implants Madelyn and Keenan’s embryo in somebody else, an unlikely relationship is forged between two couples with wildly different backgrounds. A shared pregnancy with Heather and Jim brings out the best and worst in each of them, as they all work to understand one another and build a friendship that at first seems a complete impossibility.
WORKSHOP READINGS • Black Box
June 2-3, 2018
By Sofya Levitsky-Weitz • Directed by Cynthia White
Two men communicate through thoughts in an intuitive yoga class, increasingly questioning their own shame, self-worth and pride.
He Did It
June 9-10, 2018
By Rachel Lynett • Directed by Michael Wainstein
He did it. They know he did it. But can they ignore his crimes if it means that’ll make them famous? Ada & Lex know Jefferson raped their friend but they need him in order to become a breakthrough. For their show and their dreams to work, they need Jefferson. Ada and Lex must decide if they can alienate their friends for the sake of their careers. And if they can excuse a horrendous crime done by an artistic “genius.”
June 16-17, 2018
By April Ranger • Directed by Cynthia White
A wild retelling of the biblical myth of David and Bathsheba’s romance, (was it really a romance?) with Bathsheba’s voice front and center. Both hilarious and sensual, the play is an explosive journey through time immemorial, upending several genres and tropes on female beauty, power, and desire.
All performances are at the UCF School of Performing Arts Theatre.
Subscriptions are available for purchase now! Single tickets on sale May 1. Visit theatre.cah.ucf.edu for more information and to purchase tickets.
- Electric Ocean Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Memorial Day Weekend - May 23, 2018
- Orlando Officially Named Host City For 2022 Special Olympics USA Games - May 21, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup May 19, 2018: Taste Central Florida, Habit Burger, Hopdoddy Burger Bar, and More - May 19, 2018
- IAAPA Breaks Ground on New International Headquarters in Orlando - May 18, 2018
- MEGACON Orlando to give First Look at New Madame Tussauds’ Justice League Exhibit - May 16, 2018
- Headliners Announced for Rock the Universe 2018 at Universal Orlando - May 14, 2018
- Out and About: Orlando Welcomes 72 Million Visitors in 2017 #VisitOrlando - May 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating Mother’s Day 2018 - May 10, 2018
- Schedule Announced for Sunset Music Festival in Tampa May 26-27, 2018 #SMF2018 - May 9, 2018
- Reading is Magical with Disney on Ice and the Orlando Public Library on May 10, 2018 - May 8, 2018