Starting in 2018, Theatre UCF presents Pegasus PlayLab, a new summer theatre festival dedicated to developing plays by emerging playwrights.
It will offer three staged readings of new plays in the Black Box and one fully-mounted production on the Main Stage. The workshop process will span six weeks from mid-May through the end of June, with performances running through August.
This is your opportunity to be involved in a play development process with playwrights from across the country, and support emerging voices!
Here are the scheduled performances:
FULL PRODUCTION • Main Stage
June 14-24 & August 23-26, 2018
By Eric Pfeffinger • Directed by Be Boyd
Seen in PlayFest 2017 at Orlando Shakespeare Theater—When a fertility clinic mistakenly implants Madelyn and Keenan’s embryo in somebody else, an unlikely relationship is forged between two couples with wildly different backgrounds. A shared pregnancy with Heather and Jim brings out the best and worst in each of them, as they all work to understand one another and build a friendship that at first seems a complete impossibility.
WORKSHOP READINGS • Black Box
June 2-3, 2018
By Sofya Levitsky-Weitz • Directed by Cynthia White
Two men communicate through thoughts in an intuitive yoga class, increasingly questioning their own shame, self-worth and pride.
He Did It
June 9-10, 2018
By Rachel Lynett • Directed by Michael Wainstein
He did it. They know he did it. But can they ignore his crimes if it means that’ll make them famous? Ada & Lex know Jefferson raped their friend but they need him in order to become a breakthrough. For their show and their dreams to work, they need Jefferson. Ada and Lex must decide if they can alienate their friends for the sake of their careers. And if they can excuse a horrendous crime done by an artistic “genius.”
June 16-17, 2018
By April Ranger • Directed by Cynthia White
A wild retelling of the biblical myth of David and Bathsheba’s romance, (was it really a romance?) with Bathsheba’s voice front and center. Both hilarious and sensual, the play is an explosive journey through time immemorial, upending several genres and tropes on female beauty, power, and desire.
All performances are at the UCF School of Performing Arts Theatre.
Subscriptions are available for purchase now! Single tickets on sale May 1. Visit theatre.cah.ucf.edu for more information and to purchase tickets.
- iHeart Radio Hosts Free Monster Jam® Triple Threat “Feast with the Beast” Zombie Bash at Ace Cafe Orlando Aug 17 - August 12, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup August 11, 2018: Tijuana Flats, Highball & Harvest, Foxtail Coffee, and More - August 11, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Hosts Thrill Fest Ride Night Aug 17 @seaworld - August 9, 2018
- Geek Out at Orlando Science Center’s ‘Science Night Live’ August 18 - August 8, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Fixx Aug 23, 2018 - August 6, 2018
- Westgate Resorts Opens All-Suite Cocoa Beach Resort - August 5, 2018
- Writer’s Block Bookstore and Quantum Leap Winery Present Author Sandra Brown Aug 9 - August 3, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Offers Summer Deal on Howl-O-Scream 2018 Tickets #NowhereToHide @BuschGardens - August 2, 2018
- TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2018 Feature Central Florida Amusement and Theme Parks - August 2, 2018
- Monster Jam Triple Threat Series Rolls into Orlando’s Amway Center Aug 18, 2018 + Discount Code #MonsterJam @amwaycenter - August 1, 2018