From classic productions to new plays, Theatre UCF has announced its 2018-2019 schedule of performances.
The season features everything from John Steinbeck to Titanic The Musical, and is sure to have something of interest for every theater afficionado.
Here is the list of productions for the 2018-2019 season:
SHE KILLS MONSTERS
By Qui Nguyen
September 20 – 30
A comedic romp into fantasy role-playing games and ’90s pop culture, Agnes Evans leaves her childhood home following the death of her teenage sister Tilly. Finding Tilly’s notebook, Agnes stumbles into a journey of discovery and adventure in the imaginary world that was Tilly’s refuge.
Book and lyrics adapted by David H. Bell • Music adapted and arranged by Rob Bowman
October 11 – 21
A hilarious update of Gilbert and Sullivan’s perennial classic, Hot Mikado combines Japanese design with popular American song and dance. In a land where laws sentence people to death for almost any indiscretion, jazz, blues and gospel are spoken fluently.
OF MICE AND MEN
By John Steinbeck
November 8 – 18
Drifters George and Lennie arrive at a ranch hoping to earn enough to buy their own place. When a woman is found dead, it’s obvious the man-child Lennie has accidentally killed her. George faces a moral dilemma: should he deal with Lennie before the ranchers find him?
OUR COUNTRY’S GOOD
By Timberlake Wertenbaker
January 24 – February 3
In 1789, a young lieutenant directs the first play ever staged in Australia. With only two copies of the text, a cast of convicts and a leading lady who may be hanged, conditions are hardly ideal. Winner of the 1988 Laurence Olivier Play of the Year Award.
THE STREET OF CROCODILES
Based on stories by Bruno Schulz • Adapted by Simon McBurney and Mark Wheatley Devised by the Company
February 21 – March 3
A feather falls from a book and consumes Joseph with childhood memories of woodworking, family dinners, an attic aviary and an upholstery shop. Inspired by the life and work of Polish writer Bruno Schulz, The Street of Crocodiles is a shifting mirage where people become birds, books fly and Death collects train tickets.
UCF DANCE CONCERT
Directed by Judi Siegfried
Trinity Preparatory School
March 22 – 23
A perennial favorite! UCF dancers, choreographers and designers showcase their talents.
THE LAST PAVING STONE
Directed by Judi Siegfried
March 23 – 24
By Y York. Theatre for Young Audiences Tour Show. A modem comic fable about being different and sustaining the environment.
TITANIC THE MUSICAL
Story and Book by Peter Stone • Music and Lyrics by Maury Yeston Directed by Michael Wainstein
Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
April 5 – 6
Yeston and Stone’s Tony-winning musical examines the lives of passengers— first class, middle class and steerage—aboard the doomed luxury liner.
All performances are at the UCF School of Performing Arts Theatre unless otherwise noted.
Subscriptions are available for purchase now! Single tickets on sale May 1. Visit theatre.cah.ucf.edu for more information and to purchase tickets.
- iHeart Radio Hosts Free Monster Jam® Triple Threat “Feast with the Beast” Zombie Bash at Ace Cafe Orlando Aug 17 - August 12, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup August 11, 2018: Tijuana Flats, Highball & Harvest, Foxtail Coffee, and More - August 11, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Hosts Thrill Fest Ride Night Aug 17 @seaworld - August 9, 2018
- Geek Out at Orlando Science Center’s ‘Science Night Live’ August 18 - August 8, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Fixx Aug 23, 2018 - August 6, 2018
- Westgate Resorts Opens All-Suite Cocoa Beach Resort - August 5, 2018
- Writer’s Block Bookstore and Quantum Leap Winery Present Author Sandra Brown Aug 9 - August 3, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Offers Summer Deal on Howl-O-Scream 2018 Tickets #NowhereToHide @BuschGardens - August 2, 2018
- TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2018 Feature Central Florida Amusement and Theme Parks - August 2, 2018
- Monster Jam Triple Threat Series Rolls into Orlando’s Amway Center Aug 18, 2018 + Discount Code #MonsterJam @amwaycenter - August 1, 2018