Central Florida’s new Major Arena Soccer League team has its name: The Orlando SeaWolves. The team unveiled their name, colors, and logo at a press conference Wednesday afternoon (April 25) at the Heritage Club at Osceola Heritage Park.
The SeaWolves name, submitted by Luke Kamp, was selected as the winner from a Name the Team Contest that generated over 2,800 entries. The logo suite was designed by prolific sports logo designer Keith Flynn of Flynnagain Productions. The colors are golden, aqua, and London blue (a nod to Jack London’s The Sea-Wolf).
The SeaWolves announced their first open tryouts will be held May 19-20 at XL Soccer World located at 825 Courtland Street in Orlando. Tryouts are open to players 18 and older and attendees should be available for both sessions.
A registration fee to tryout is $75 in advance or $100 at the door and includes a t-shirt. For those players trying out from out of town a Travel Attendee Package is available for $175 which includes registration fee, hotel housing for two nights (May 18-19), and transportation to and from training sessions.
The team will kick off its inaugural season this December at Silver Spurs Arena in Kissimmee.
2018-19 Sea Wolves MASL arena season tickets are now on sale. Season tickets start at $120 which includes all 12 home games.
To purchase tickets, or for more information, visit OrlandoSeaWolves.com.
Think you have what it takes to play professional soccer? Your first chance to show off your skills and land a roster spot for Orlando's new @MASLarena professional soccer team is coming up next month. Visit https://t.co/fNl3DYiACq for information and to register. pic.twitter.com/AbcK2CjgLG
— Orlando SeaWolves (@MCOSeaWolves) April 26, 2018
- Electric Ocean Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Memorial Day Weekend - May 23, 2018
- Orlando Officially Named Host City For 2022 Special Olympics USA Games - May 21, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup May 19, 2018: Taste Central Florida, Habit Burger, Hopdoddy Burger Bar, and More - May 19, 2018
- IAAPA Breaks Ground on New International Headquarters in Orlando - May 18, 2018
- MEGACON Orlando to give First Look at New Madame Tussauds’ Justice League Exhibit - May 16, 2018
- Headliners Announced for Rock the Universe 2018 at Universal Orlando - May 14, 2018
- Out and About: Orlando Welcomes 72 Million Visitors in 2017 #VisitOrlando - May 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating Mother’s Day 2018 - May 10, 2018
- Schedule Announced for Sunset Music Festival in Tampa May 26-27, 2018 #SMF2018 - May 9, 2018
- Reading is Magical with Disney on Ice and the Orlando Public Library on May 10, 2018 - May 8, 2018