Central Florida’s new Major Arena Soccer League team has its name: The Orlando SeaWolves. The team unveiled their name, colors, and logo at a press conference Wednesday afternoon (April 25) at the Heritage Club at Osceola Heritage Park.
The SeaWolves name, submitted by Luke Kamp, was selected as the winner from a Name the Team Contest that generated over 2,800 entries. The logo suite was designed by prolific sports logo designer Keith Flynn of Flynnagain Productions. The colors are golden, aqua, and London blue (a nod to Jack London’s The Sea-Wolf).
The SeaWolves announced their first open tryouts will be held May 19-20 at XL Soccer World located at 825 Courtland Street in Orlando. Tryouts are open to players 18 and older and attendees should be available for both sessions.
A registration fee to tryout is $75 in advance or $100 at the door and includes a t-shirt. For those players trying out from out of town a Travel Attendee Package is available for $175 which includes registration fee, hotel housing for two nights (May 18-19), and transportation to and from training sessions.
The team will kick off its inaugural season this December at Silver Spurs Arena in Kissimmee.
2018-19 Sea Wolves MASL arena season tickets are now on sale. Season tickets start at $120 which includes all 12 home games.
To purchase tickets, or for more information, visit OrlandoSeaWolves.com.
Think you have what it takes to play professional soccer? Your first chance to show off your skills and land a roster spot for Orlando's new @MASLarena professional soccer team is coming up next month. Visit https://t.co/fNl3DYiACq for information and to register. pic.twitter.com/AbcK2CjgLG
— Orlando SeaWolves (@MCOSeaWolves) April 26, 2018
- Chef José Andrés to open Jaleo and Pepe Restaurants at #Disney Springs Winter 2019 @ChefJoseAndres - February 18, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces 2019-2020 FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando Season @drphillipsctr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 15, 2019
- Out and About: Cheddar’s Adds New Comfort Food Dishes to the Menu #CheddarsScratchKitchen #csktvtheloop - February 14, 2019
- Pentatonix and Rachel Platten Bring World Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center June 1 #PTXTheWorldTour - February 13, 2019
- Walt #Disney World Offering New Dining Package for Final Months of IllumiNations at Epcot - February 13, 2019
- 142nd Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 15-17, 2019 #SilverSpursRodeo - February 12, 2019
- Free Indie-Folkfest 2019 Returns to the Mennello Museum of American Art Feb 16 @MennelloMuseum - February 11, 2019
- Weekend of the Arts Festival Returns to Winter Park Feb 15-18, 2019 #WPInspires - February 10, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2019 in Orlando and Central Florida - February 9, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Seven Seas Food Festival Celebrates International Street Food Feb 9 – May 5, 2019 - February 8, 2019