Central Florida’s new Major Arena Soccer League team has its name: The Orlando SeaWolves. The team unveiled their name, colors, and logo at a press conference Wednesday afternoon (April 25) at the Heritage Club at Osceola Heritage Park.
The SeaWolves name, submitted by Luke Kamp, was selected as the winner from a Name the Team Contest that generated over 2,800 entries. The logo suite was designed by prolific sports logo designer Keith Flynn of Flynnagain Productions. The colors are golden, aqua, and London blue (a nod to Jack London’s The Sea-Wolf).
The SeaWolves announced their first open tryouts will be held May 19-20 at XL Soccer World located at 825 Courtland Street in Orlando. Tryouts are open to players 18 and older and attendees should be available for both sessions.
A registration fee to tryout is $75 in advance or $100 at the door and includes a t-shirt. For those players trying out from out of town a Travel Attendee Package is available for $175 which includes registration fee, hotel housing for two nights (May 18-19), and transportation to and from training sessions.
The team will kick off its inaugural season this December at Silver Spurs Arena in Kissimmee.
2018-19 Sea Wolves MASL arena season tickets are now on sale. Season tickets start at $120 which includes all 12 home games.
To purchase tickets, or for more information, visit OrlandoSeaWolves.com.
Think you have what it takes to play professional soccer? Your first chance to show off your skills and land a roster spot for Orlando's new @MASLarena professional soccer team is coming up next month. Visit https://t.co/fNl3DYiACq for information and to register. pic.twitter.com/AbcK2CjgLG
— Orlando SeaWolves (@MCOSeaWolves) April 26, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Wallflowers Oct 26 @HRHUniversalORL @TheWallflowers - October 16, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces New Annual Pass Program - October 15, 2018
- Wild Florida Hosts Sloth Week with Free Admission Oct 15-20 @WildFlorida - October 14, 2018
- Out and About: Sonny’s BBQ Celebrates National Pulled Pork Day 2018 with New Limited Menu Items - October 12, 2018
- Orlando International Airport Has Raised Parking Prices - October 11, 2018
- Annual Pink Off Park Celebration Returns October 19 in Winter Park - October 8, 2018
- Come Out With Pride 2018 Celebrates Orlando’s LGBTQ+ Community Oct 8-14 #KeepDancingOrlando @OrlandoPride - October 7, 2018
- Celebrate #NationalTacoDay 2018 on October 4 With These Orlando-Area Restaurants - October 4, 2018
- Infinity Falls to Open at SeaWorld Orlando October 4, 2018 - October 3, 2018
- Central Florida Foodie Events For October 2018 - October 1, 2018