In honor of the 20th anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, the park will host a series of Tiffins Talks Dining Events from April 22 to May 4.
Tiffins Talks are intimate dining experiences that allow guests to enjoy specialty food and beverages that complement the topics shared by animal and conservation experts.
The events schedule, including speakers, is as follows:
Sunday, April 22, 2018 – Dr. Joseph Soltis, a research scientist at the park, will speak about the “Elephants and Bees” project in which honeybees are helping people and elephants in Kenya. The menu will feature African cuisine.
Wednesday, April 25, 2018 – Joe Rohde, a veteran Imagineer, will share tales from his adventures all over Asia, India, Nepal and China. The chefs of Tiffins will follow Joe’s journeys with a menu inspired by his travels.
Friday, April 27, 2018 – Dr. Jason Fischer, one of the park’s Conservation Program Managers will speak about Disney’s efforts to conserve the purple martin, a remarkable migratory songbird that travels to Walt Disney World Resort from the Brazilian Amazon to raise a family each year. The menu will feature North American cuisine.
Sunday, April 29, 2018 – Rachel Daneault, one of the park’s Zoological Managers, will talk about the Gorilla Rehabilitation and Conservation Education Center (GRACE) project that Disney supports in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The menu will feature African cuisine.
Wednesday, May 2, 2018 – Dr. Anne Savage, the park’s Conservation Director, will speak about the cotton-top tamarin conservation project Disney supports in Colombia. The menu will feature South American cuisine.
Friday, May 4, 2018 – Dr. Scott Terrell, Director of Animal and Science Operations, will chat about caring for the Sumatran tigers that call Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park home, as well as the conservation work Disney is doing to protect tigers in Asia. The menu will feature Asian cuisine.
Cost is $165 per person per event (tax and gratuity included), and include a 4-course dinner. Tiffins Talks are separately priced offerings and available by booking online or calling (407) WDW-DINE. Park admission is additional and required.
- Florida Hurricane Supplies Sales Tax Holiday Runs May 29-June 4, 2020 - May 25, 2020
- NBA in Talks with Walt Disney World to Restart Season in Orlando .. #NBA #WWoS #ESPN #WaltDisneyWorld - May 24, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Plans to Reopen June 1 .. #LEGOLANDFlorida #Reopening #PirateIslandHotel - May 23, 2020
- Universal Orlando Submits Plan to Reopen Parks in June .. #UniversalOrlando #Reopening - May 21, 2020
- Seminole State’s Emil Buehler Planetarium to be Part of Free Nationwide Star Party May 22, 2020 .. #StarParty #LiveStreaming #SeminoleState - May 20, 2020
- Orlando Music Community Leaders Band Together for ORLANDO MUSIC CARES Benefit May 25, 2020 .. #OrlandoMusicCares #LocalMusic #CharityEvents - May 19, 2020
- Disney Springs Reopens May 20 – What You Need to Know .. #DisneySprings #Reopening #WaltDisneyWorld - May 18, 2020
- Orlando Restaurants Opening for Limited Dine-In Service This Weekend .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies #DineIn - May 16, 2020
- ICON Park’s Madame Tussauds and SEA LIFE Aquarium to Reopen Today .. #ICONPark #MadameTussaudsOrlando #SeaLifeOrlando - May 15, 2020
- Universal Orlando Reopening CityWalk May 14 for Limited Operations .. #UniversalOrlando #UniversalCityWalk #ThemeParks - May 14, 2020