In honor of the 20th anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, the park will host a series of Tiffins Talks Dining Events from April 22 to May 4.
Tiffins Talks are intimate dining experiences that allow guests to enjoy specialty food and beverages that complement the topics shared by animal and conservation experts.
The events schedule, including speakers, is as follows:
Sunday, April 22, 2018 – Dr. Joseph Soltis, a research scientist at the park, will speak about the “Elephants and Bees” project in which honeybees are helping people and elephants in Kenya. The menu will feature African cuisine.
Wednesday, April 25, 2018 – Joe Rohde, a veteran Imagineer, will share tales from his adventures all over Asia, India, Nepal and China. The chefs of Tiffins will follow Joe’s journeys with a menu inspired by his travels.
Friday, April 27, 2018 – Dr. Jason Fischer, one of the park’s Conservation Program Managers will speak about Disney’s efforts to conserve the purple martin, a remarkable migratory songbird that travels to Walt Disney World Resort from the Brazilian Amazon to raise a family each year. The menu will feature North American cuisine.
Sunday, April 29, 2018 – Rachel Daneault, one of the park’s Zoological Managers, will talk about the Gorilla Rehabilitation and Conservation Education Center (GRACE) project that Disney supports in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The menu will feature African cuisine.
Wednesday, May 2, 2018 – Dr. Anne Savage, the park’s Conservation Director, will speak about the cotton-top tamarin conservation project Disney supports in Colombia. The menu will feature South American cuisine.
Friday, May 4, 2018 – Dr. Scott Terrell, Director of Animal and Science Operations, will chat about caring for the Sumatran tigers that call Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park home, as well as the conservation work Disney is doing to protect tigers in Asia. The menu will feature Asian cuisine.
Cost is $165 per person per event (tax and gratuity included), and include a 4-course dinner. Tiffins Talks are separately priced offerings and available by booking online or calling (407) WDW-DINE. Park admission is additional and required.
- Orlando Museum of Art Plans Downtown Orlando Expansion and More for Centennial Celebration .. @OMAOrlando #OrlandoMuseumOfArt #DowntownOrlando #OrlandoArts - May 13, 2021
- LEGOLAND Florida To Open New LEGO MYTHICA 4D and AR Experience May 27, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #LEGOMythica #BuiltForKids - May 13, 2021
- Viva La Música Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Weekends May 15-23, 2021 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #VivaLaMusica - May 12, 2021
- Gatorland Hosts Gatorpalooza Fun Fest 2021 on May 15-16 .. @Gatorland #Gatorland #OrlandoAttractions #Gatorpalooza - May 12, 2021
- 62nd Annual Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival Returns to Central Park May 14-16, 2021 .. @WPSAF #WinterParkArts #CentralFlorida #ArtFestivals - May 11, 2021
- OneBlood Announces Critical Appeal for Blood Donors of All Blood Types .. @My1Blood #BloodDonations - May 11, 2021
- Local Restaurants Band Together for BBQ Around Orlando May 12 In Memory of Chef Chuck Cobb .. #ChefCobb #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoRestaurants - May 10, 2021
- ‘Disney After Hours BOO BASH’ Coming to Magic Kingdom this Fall .. @WaltDisneyWorld #WaltDisneyWorld #DisneyHalloween #BooBash - May 8, 2021
- Daytona Lagoon Presents the 2021 Kraken’s Revenge Slide Challenge May 15, 2021 .. #DaytonaLagoon #KrakensRevenge #DaytonaBeach #WaterParks - May 7, 2021
- Vote for Frontier Airlines Next Orlando Wing Animal! .. @VisitOrlando @FlyFrontier #VoteOrlandoFrontierTail @CentralFLZoo @WildFlorida @SEALIFEOrlando @Gatorland - May 7, 2021