In honor of the 20th anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, the park will host a series of Tiffins Talks Dining Events from April 22 to May 4.
Tiffins Talks are intimate dining experiences that allow guests to enjoy specialty food and beverages that complement the topics shared by animal and conservation experts.
The events schedule, including speakers, is as follows:
Sunday, April 22, 2018 – Dr. Joseph Soltis, a research scientist at the park, will speak about the “Elephants and Bees” project in which honeybees are helping people and elephants in Kenya. The menu will feature African cuisine.
Wednesday, April 25, 2018 – Joe Rohde, a veteran Imagineer, will share tales from his adventures all over Asia, India, Nepal and China. The chefs of Tiffins will follow Joe’s journeys with a menu inspired by his travels.
Friday, April 27, 2018 – Dr. Jason Fischer, one of the park’s Conservation Program Managers will speak about Disney’s efforts to conserve the purple martin, a remarkable migratory songbird that travels to Walt Disney World Resort from the Brazilian Amazon to raise a family each year. The menu will feature North American cuisine.
Sunday, April 29, 2018 – Rachel Daneault, one of the park’s Zoological Managers, will talk about the Gorilla Rehabilitation and Conservation Education Center (GRACE) project that Disney supports in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The menu will feature African cuisine.
Wednesday, May 2, 2018 – Dr. Anne Savage, the park’s Conservation Director, will speak about the cotton-top tamarin conservation project Disney supports in Colombia. The menu will feature South American cuisine.
Friday, May 4, 2018 – Dr. Scott Terrell, Director of Animal and Science Operations, will chat about caring for the Sumatran tigers that call Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park home, as well as the conservation work Disney is doing to protect tigers in Asia. The menu will feature Asian cuisine.
Cost is $165 per person per event (tax and gratuity included), and include a 4-course dinner. Tiffins Talks are separately priced offerings and available by booking online or calling (407) WDW-DINE. Park admission is additional and required.
- The Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art Offering Free Admission Sept 17-22, 2019 .. @MorseMuseum - September 16, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces Details of New Coaster for 2020 .. @SeaWorld #SeaWorldOrlando #IceBreaker - September 15, 2019
- Central Florida Auto Show Returns to Orlando Sept 20-22 + Win Tickets! .. @OrlandoAutoShow - September 14, 2019
- SeaWorld Orlando and Firehouse Subs Partner Together to Honor Florida First Responders with Free Admission .. #SeaWorldOrlando - September 10, 2019
- Central Florida Foodies Events For September 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - September 9, 2019
- Walt Disney World to Close Early on Sept 3 Due to Hurricane Dorian ::UPDATED:: .. @WaltDisneyWorld @VisitOrlando #HurricaneDorian - September 2, 2019
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Dedication Ceremony of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Aug 28 .. #StarWars #StarWarsGalaxysEdge - August 27, 2019
- All-New Lagoon Show to Debut at Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 2019 .. #HHN29 @UniversalOrl @HorrorNightsORL - August 22, 2019
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019