In honor of the 20th anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, the park will host a series of Tiffins Talks Dining Events from April 22 to May 4.
Tiffins Talks are intimate dining experiences that allow guests to enjoy specialty food and beverages that complement the topics shared by animal and conservation experts.
The events schedule, including speakers, is as follows:
Sunday, April 22, 2018 – Dr. Joseph Soltis, a research scientist at the park, will speak about the “Elephants and Bees” project in which honeybees are helping people and elephants in Kenya. The menu will feature African cuisine.
Wednesday, April 25, 2018 – Joe Rohde, a veteran Imagineer, will share tales from his adventures all over Asia, India, Nepal and China. The chefs of Tiffins will follow Joe’s journeys with a menu inspired by his travels.
Friday, April 27, 2018 – Dr. Jason Fischer, one of the park’s Conservation Program Managers will speak about Disney’s efforts to conserve the purple martin, a remarkable migratory songbird that travels to Walt Disney World Resort from the Brazilian Amazon to raise a family each year. The menu will feature North American cuisine.
Sunday, April 29, 2018 – Rachel Daneault, one of the park’s Zoological Managers, will talk about the Gorilla Rehabilitation and Conservation Education Center (GRACE) project that Disney supports in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The menu will feature African cuisine.
Wednesday, May 2, 2018 – Dr. Anne Savage, the park’s Conservation Director, will speak about the cotton-top tamarin conservation project Disney supports in Colombia. The menu will feature South American cuisine.
Friday, May 4, 2018 – Dr. Scott Terrell, Director of Animal and Science Operations, will chat about caring for the Sumatran tigers that call Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park home, as well as the conservation work Disney is doing to protect tigers in Asia. The menu will feature Asian cuisine.
Cost is $165 per person per event (tax and gratuity included), and include a 4-course dinner. Tiffins Talks are separately priced offerings and available by booking online or calling (407) WDW-DINE. Park admission is additional and required.
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns July 31-Aug 9, 2021 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool #FloridaSchools - July 30, 2021
- The Second City Returns to Dr. Phillips Center Oct 1-2, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #TheSecondCity #OrlandoComedy - July 29, 2021
- Downtown Arts District Will Host “Art After Dark” Young Professionals Art Event August 14, 2021 .. #DowntownArtsDistrict #ArtAfterDark #CityArtsOrlando #OrlandoArts - July 28, 2021
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex to Host Launch Viewing for ULA Atlas V Starliner Orbital Flight Test July 30 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #ULAAtlasV #KSCLaunches - July 27, 2021
- Dr. Phillips Center in Orlando to Host ‘Lasting Impressions’ 3D/LED Art Installation Aug 13-Sept 26, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #LastingImpressions #OrlandoArts - July 27, 2021
- Out and About: Awakened Auras Co. in Downtown Kissimmee Stocks Crystals and More For Sale .. #AwakenedAurasCo #DowntownKissimmee #Kissimmee #MetaphysicalArts #ShopLocal - July 26, 2021
- Walt Disney World Adds 50th Anniversary Medallion to Cinderella’s Castle at Magic Kingdom .. @WaltDisneyWorld #WaltDisneyWorld #MagicKingdom #DisneyWorld50 - July 26, 2021
- Out and About: Limbhelados Serves Up Luscious Frozen Desserts in Downtown Kissimmee .. #Limbhelados #Limber #Kissimmee #EatLocal - July 23, 2021
- Walt Disney World To Bring Back More Entertainment to Parks Starting August 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #WaltDisneyWorld #ThemeParks - July 22, 2021
- Universal Orlando to Start 2021 Holiday Celebrations on November 13 .. @UniversalOrlando #UniversalOrlando #OrlandoHolidays #VisitOrlando - July 20, 2021