In honor of the 20th anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, the park will host a series of Tiffins Talks Dining Events from April 22 to May 4.
Tiffins Talks are intimate dining experiences that allow guests to enjoy specialty food and beverages that complement the topics shared by animal and conservation experts.
The events schedule, including speakers, is as follows:
Sunday, April 22, 2018 – Dr. Joseph Soltis, a research scientist at the park, will speak about the “Elephants and Bees” project in which honeybees are helping people and elephants in Kenya. The menu will feature African cuisine.
Wednesday, April 25, 2018 – Joe Rohde, a veteran Imagineer, will share tales from his adventures all over Asia, India, Nepal and China. The chefs of Tiffins will follow Joe’s journeys with a menu inspired by his travels.
Friday, April 27, 2018 – Dr. Jason Fischer, one of the park’s Conservation Program Managers will speak about Disney’s efforts to conserve the purple martin, a remarkable migratory songbird that travels to Walt Disney World Resort from the Brazilian Amazon to raise a family each year. The menu will feature North American cuisine.
Sunday, April 29, 2018 – Rachel Daneault, one of the park’s Zoological Managers, will talk about the Gorilla Rehabilitation and Conservation Education Center (GRACE) project that Disney supports in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The menu will feature African cuisine.
Wednesday, May 2, 2018 – Dr. Anne Savage, the park’s Conservation Director, will speak about the cotton-top tamarin conservation project Disney supports in Colombia. The menu will feature South American cuisine.
Friday, May 4, 2018 – Dr. Scott Terrell, Director of Animal and Science Operations, will chat about caring for the Sumatran tigers that call Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park home, as well as the conservation work Disney is doing to protect tigers in Asia. The menu will feature Asian cuisine.
Cost is $165 per person per event (tax and gratuity included), and include a 4-course dinner. Tiffins Talks are separately priced offerings and available by booking online or calling (407) WDW-DINE. Park admission is additional and required.
- Walt Disney World Resort to Offer Special 4-Park Magic Tickets in 2019 - January 17, 2019
- LEGOLAND® Florida Offers New Free Florida Resident Preschool Pass - January 15, 2019
- Don’t Miss Your Shot! Hamilton Comes to the Dr. Phillips Center Jan 22-Feb 10, 2019! @DrPhillipsCtr - January 14, 2019
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks For Free On January 17, 2019 - January 14, 2019
- 2019 Preschool Card Returns for Free Admission to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica for Florida Kids - January 13, 2019
- The 2019 Florida State Fair Comes to Tampa Feb 7-18 + Win Tickets! #MyFloridaStateFair @FLStateFair - January 12, 2019
- Go Behind-The-Scenes at SeaWorld Orlando During Inside Look Weekends in January - January 11, 2019
- Orlando Science Center Hosts #Otronicon Edition of Science Night Live Jan 19, 2019 - January 10, 2019
- Aquatica® Orlando Becomes First Water Park In The World To Be A Certified Autism Center - January 9, 2019
- Go Back 20 Years with The Pauses 1998 Tribute Show Weekend at Will’s Pub Jan 11-12 - January 8, 2019