In honor of the 20th anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, the park will host a series of Tiffins Talks Dining Events from April 22 to May 4.
Tiffins Talks are intimate dining experiences that allow guests to enjoy specialty food and beverages that complement the topics shared by animal and conservation experts.
The events schedule, including speakers, is as follows:
Sunday, April 22, 2018 – Dr. Joseph Soltis, a research scientist at the park, will speak about the “Elephants and Bees” project in which honeybees are helping people and elephants in Kenya. The menu will feature African cuisine.
Wednesday, April 25, 2018 – Joe Rohde, a veteran Imagineer, will share tales from his adventures all over Asia, India, Nepal and China. The chefs of Tiffins will follow Joe’s journeys with a menu inspired by his travels.
Friday, April 27, 2018 – Dr. Jason Fischer, one of the park’s Conservation Program Managers will speak about Disney’s efforts to conserve the purple martin, a remarkable migratory songbird that travels to Walt Disney World Resort from the Brazilian Amazon to raise a family each year. The menu will feature North American cuisine.
Sunday, April 29, 2018 – Rachel Daneault, one of the park’s Zoological Managers, will talk about the Gorilla Rehabilitation and Conservation Education Center (GRACE) project that Disney supports in the Democratic Republic of Congo. The menu will feature African cuisine.
Wednesday, May 2, 2018 – Dr. Anne Savage, the park’s Conservation Director, will speak about the cotton-top tamarin conservation project Disney supports in Colombia. The menu will feature South American cuisine.
Friday, May 4, 2018 – Dr. Scott Terrell, Director of Animal and Science Operations, will chat about caring for the Sumatran tigers that call Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park home, as well as the conservation work Disney is doing to protect tigers in Asia. The menu will feature Asian cuisine.
Cost is $165 per person per event (tax and gratuity included), and include a 4-course dinner. Tiffins Talks are separately priced offerings and available by booking online or calling (407) WDW-DINE. Park admission is additional and required.
- Luke Combs Brings 2020 Tour to Amway Center in Orlando in November .. @AmwayCenter @LukeCombs - February 25, 2020
- Orlando Fringe Hosts Peace, Love, & Fringe! Fundraiser at Orlando Museum of Art Feb 28, 2020 .. @OrlandoFringe #PeaceLoveFringe - February 24, 2020
- The Weeknd Brings After Hours Tour to Amway Center in Orlando July 2020 .. @AmwayCenter @TheWeeknd - February 24, 2020
- The 13th Annual UCF-Orlando Jazz Festival Comes to UCF Feb 28-29 .. @UCF #OrlandoArts - February 23, 2020
- The TODAY Show to Broadcast Live from Universal Orlando on Feb 28, 2020 .. @UniversalOrlando @TODAYshow - February 22, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating National Margarita Day Feb 22, 2020 .. #NationalMargaritaDay - February 21, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces the FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando 2020/2021 Season .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 20, 2020
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020