After 20 years of operation, it looks like the Crossroads of Lake Buena Vista shopping center will be closed to make way for new ramps planned for the I-4 Ultimate Expansion project.
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is currently negotiating to buy the Crossroads, according to Growth Spotter, and they have the lone appraisal of $145 million for the property.
FDOT plans to eventually reconfigure an Interstate 4 interchange at State Road 535 with a design that would require demolition of the shopping center.
The project’s current design includes a feature that will take some traffic on a loop ramp that connects with Hotel Plaza Boulevard, the road leading into Disney. That ramp, an exit and drainage ponds would go on the Crossroads land.
Opened in 1998, tenants have now been told that they may need to vacate their buildings within 18 months. But the chances of them finding another location close to Disney will be difficult, though they would be given assistance in relocating if the deal goes through.
These tenants include:
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Dakshin Indian Cuisine
- Firehouse Subs
- Flipper’s Pizza
- Goodings Supermarket
- Jamba Juice
- Johnny’s Hideaway
- The Knife
- Noodle’s & Co
- On the Border
- Pirate’s Cove Adventure Mini-Golf
- Red Lobster
- Sweet Tomatoes
- Taco Bell
- TGI Friday’s
- Tom + Chee
- Uno’s Pizzeria and Grill
Many of the tenants have only been open 2-3 years, and it looked the shopping center was thriving. I know I visit several times a week for quick meals out.
What do you think of this? Will you be sad to see Crossroads go? Let us know in the comments.
— GrowthSpotter (@orlandogrowth) April 5, 2018
- SunRail to Offer Free Tickets to Kick Off Southern Expansion Stops - July 22, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup July 21, 2018: MidiCi, Taste! Central Florida, Royal Tea, Duck Donuts, and More - July 21, 2018
- Out and About: Sampling the Summer Menu at Marlow’s Tavern at Pointe Orlando #MarlowsSummer #MarlowsOrlando - July 20, 2018
- Christmas at Gaylord Palms 2018 ICE! Theme Will Be ‘A Christmas Story’ @GaylordPalms #CAGP - July 19, 2018
- Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Month Returns Aug 24-Sept 30, 2018 - July 18, 2018
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy To Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Early 2019 - July 17, 2018
- Orlando Shakes Hosts 30th Anniversary Season Gala Sept 16, 2018 @OrlandoShakes - July 16, 2018
- Frightened Rabbit Tribute Show at Will’s Pub July 19 to Benefit TWLOHA - July 15, 2018
- Universal Orlando Announces Chucky and Killer Klowns Scare Zones for Halloween Horror Nights 28 #HHN28 - July 13, 2018
- Ellipsis Brewing Marks Six-Month Anniversary with 5 Special Release Brews - July 12, 2018