After 20 years of operation, it looks like the Crossroads of Lake Buena Vista shopping center will be closed to make way for new ramps planned for the I-4 Ultimate Expansion project.
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) is currently negotiating to buy the Crossroads, according to Growth Spotter, and they have the lone appraisal of $145 million for the property.
FDOT plans to eventually reconfigure an Interstate 4 interchange at State Road 535 with a design that would require demolition of the shopping center.
The project’s current design includes a feature that will take some traffic on a loop ramp that connects with Hotel Plaza Boulevard, the road leading into Disney. That ramp, an exit and drainage ponds would go on the Crossroads land.
Opened in 1998, tenants have now been told that they may need to vacate their buildings within 18 months. But the chances of them finding another location close to Disney will be difficult, though they would be given assistance in relocating if the deal goes through.
These tenants include:
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Dakshin Indian Cuisine
- Firehouse Subs
- Flipper’s Pizza
- Goodings Supermarket
- Jamba Juice
- Johnny’s Hideaway
- The Knife
- Noodle’s & Co
- On the Border
- Pirate’s Cove Adventure Mini-Golf
- Red Lobster
- Sweet Tomatoes
- Taco Bell
- TGI Friday’s
- Tom + Chee
- Uno’s Pizzeria and Grill
Many of the tenants have only been open 2-3 years, and it looked the shopping center was thriving. I know I visit several times a week for quick meals out.
What do you think of this? Will you be sad to see Crossroads go? Let us know in the comments.
— GrowthSpotter (@orlandogrowth) April 5, 2018
- Thomas D. Jones, PhD and Captain Scott D. Altman Inducted into U. S. Astronaut Hall of Fame® at Kennedy Space Center @ExploreSpaceKSC - April 23, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup April 22, 2018: Krispy Kreme, Susuru, Little Blue Donut Co, and More - April 22, 2018
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Disney’s Animal Kingdom Anniversary Celebration April 22 - April 21, 2018
- Something New is Coming to Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 22 - April 21, 2018
- Mamas of The NICU to Host Brunch for NICU Moms at Ace Cafe Orlando May 6, 2018 - April 20, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Extends Seven Seas Food Festival Through April 29 - April 20, 2018
- Sunset Music Festival Returns to Tampa May 26-27, 2018 For 7th Year With Huge EDM Line-Up #SMF2018 - April 19, 2018
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Hosts Tiffins Talks Dining Events to Celebrate 20th Anniversary - April 18, 2018
- Give Kids The World Founder Henri Landwirth Passes Away #GKTW - April 18, 2018
- ‘Something Rotten!’ Comes to Dr Phillips Center April 24–29 @drphillipsctr - April 17, 2018