Aiming to fight hunger for a third year, Beth McKee and the Swamp Sistas Songwriter Circle will launch the La La Summer Hope Virtual Food Drive at Casselberry’s Earth Fest in Lake Concord Park on Saturday, April 28.
Admission to the Earth Fest and the Swamp Sistas Songwriter Circle is free.
The campaign will run from April 28 until the end of the La La May 19 at Orlando Fringe, where cash and check donations will also be accepted.
Donations can be made to the Virtual Food Drive at lalasummerhope.com.
Other events will include a volunteer day at the 2nd Harvest Warehouse, a preview of the La La festival, and the La La at the Orlando Fringe Festival:
May 2: The Swamp Sistas Songwriter Circle will host their third annual Volunteer Jam at Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida on Wednesday, May 2. Friends are invited to volunteer for a food sorting session at 6 p.m. Afterwards, everyone will enjoy snacks provided by 2nd Harvest’s “Catering For Good” program in the Darden Community Center and the Swamp Sistas Songwriter Circle will perform. Volunteers may sign up at http://vhub.at/LalaSummerHopeforkids. Catering for Good is a program through the 2nd Harvest Food Bank which provides an opportunity for people to be a part of a culinary team. This special culinary team will provide the food for the Volunteer Jam.
May 9: The La La Day of Giving means matched donations. Last spring, the Swamp Sistas’ La La Summer Hope campaign helped provide an additional 52,000 meals to area kids over the summer months and this year, two generous donors will be matching donations made on or before May 9. A $20 donation at lalasummerhope.com becomes $40, $50 becomes $100, and so on. Beth’s enthusiasm for the effort is infectious. “What a tremendous opportunity, to make a difference in the lives of so many children, right here in our community, just make a donation on or before May 9 and the gift is doubled.”
When McKee talks about the La La’s and their community mission, her enthusiasm is evident:
“Over the past two years, we’ve raised $25,000 for this cause, and this year we aim to raise another $25,000 which will mean an additional 100,000 meals for kids in low-income families in our community, this summer.”
To learn more visit swampsistas.com, or call (407)579-0439
- Walt Disney World Resort to Offer Special 4-Park Magic Tickets in 2019 - January 17, 2019
- LEGOLAND® Florida Offers New Free Florida Resident Preschool Pass - January 15, 2019
- Don’t Miss Your Shot! Hamilton Comes to the Dr. Phillips Center Jan 22-Feb 10, 2019! @DrPhillipsCtr - January 14, 2019
- Meet Monster Jam Drivers And Their Monster Trucks For Free On January 17, 2019 - January 14, 2019
- 2019 Preschool Card Returns for Free Admission to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica for Florida Kids - January 13, 2019
- The 2019 Florida State Fair Comes to Tampa Feb 7-18 + Win Tickets! #MyFloridaStateFair @FLStateFair - January 12, 2019
- Go Behind-The-Scenes at SeaWorld Orlando During Inside Look Weekends in January - January 11, 2019
- Orlando Science Center Hosts #Otronicon Edition of Science Night Live Jan 19, 2019 - January 10, 2019
- Aquatica® Orlando Becomes First Water Park In The World To Be A Certified Autism Center - January 9, 2019
- Go Back 20 Years with The Pauses 1998 Tribute Show Weekend at Will’s Pub Jan 11-12 - January 8, 2019