Southeastern Grocers, the company that owns Winn-Dixie and other store brands, said that it plans to file for bankruptcy and close several Central Florida store locations.
The statement released by the company states:
“Southeastern Grocers has conducted a thorough review of options for reducing our current debt. Taking this step was critical to our future and the long-term health of our business.
After careful consideration, we have chosen to voluntarily implement a court-supervised, prepackaged restructuring agreement. We have not taken these steps without careful planning and consideration. As part of this restructuring, we have made the difficult but necessary decision to close 94 underperforming stores. It is our goal to work through our financial restructuring as quickly and efficiently as possible, and we will emerge from this process likely within the next 90 days.”
From the list provided with the press release, here are the Central Florida stores the company plans to close (all are Winn-Dixie stores unless otherwise noted):
Store 660 – 3500 53Rd Ave. West
Store 2341 – 2701 S. Woodland Blvd.
Store 2457 – 2002 SW 34Th St
Store 2260 – 1347 E Vine St
Store 1709 (Harveys) – 2722 N. Pine Hills Rd
Store 2276 – 4686 E Michigan Street
Store 2479 – 7625 Blind Pass Road
Store 654 – 3301 17Th Street Sarasota FL
Store 2406 – 1325 S. Tamimi Trail Sarasota FL
Store 2482 – 2881 Clark Road
Store 1718 (Harveys) – 2525 E. Hillsboro Avenue
Store 2407 – 2525 N. Dale Mabry Tampa FL
Store 2417 – 4317 Gandy Blvd
No word on when the stores will close, so check with your local location’s manager if you see it on the above list.
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Wallflowers Oct 26 @HRHUniversalORL @TheWallflowers - October 16, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces New Annual Pass Program - October 15, 2018
- Wild Florida Hosts Sloth Week with Free Admission Oct 15-20 @WildFlorida - October 14, 2018
- Out and About: Sonny’s BBQ Celebrates National Pulled Pork Day 2018 with New Limited Menu Items - October 12, 2018
- Orlando International Airport Has Raised Parking Prices - October 11, 2018
- Annual Pink Off Park Celebration Returns October 19 in Winter Park - October 8, 2018
- Come Out With Pride 2018 Celebrates Orlando’s LGBTQ+ Community Oct 8-14 #KeepDancingOrlando @OrlandoPride - October 7, 2018
- Celebrate #NationalTacoDay 2018 on October 4 With These Orlando-Area Restaurants - October 4, 2018
- Infinity Falls to Open at SeaWorld Orlando October 4, 2018 - October 3, 2018
- Central Florida Foodie Events For October 2018 - October 1, 2018