Walt Disney World has announced that overnight guests staying at Walt Disney World resorts soon will pay nightly fees for parking their cars.
The new policy goes into affect for guests who book reservations on or after March 21.
The fee will vary dependent on which level of accommodation is booked:
- Guests at Disney Value Resorts (Pop Century and the All-Stars) will be charged $13 per night.
- Guests at Disney Moderate Resorts (Carribean, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans) will be charged $19 per night.
- Guests at Disney Deluxe Resorts (Animal Kingdom Lodge, the Yacht and Beach resorts and the monorail hotels) will be charged a whopping $24 per night.
Visitors who are at the Disney World resorts for dining or shopping experiences will not be charged for their parked vehicles, according to a Walt Disney World spokesperson. I’m wondering if this means they will be validating parking receipts – it wasn’t made clear in the announcement.
This overnight resort parking fee is new to Walt Disney World, but other hotels in the tourist district, such at hotels at Universal Orlando and many near the Orange County Convention Center charge around $20 per night parking.
Certainly increased revenues are a goal of this new fee, which doesn’t sit well with long-time Disney fans I’ve talked to. But the move also serves to isolate guests on property. With the new parking fee, guests will think twice about renting a car to go to other Orlando parks/attractions. This means they’re more likely to stay on Disney property their entire vacation, spending their money with Disney.
What do you think of Walt Disney World enacting these new parking fees for the first time? Let me know in comments.
- Christmas at Gaylord Palms 2018 ICE! Theme Will Be ‘A Christmas Story’ @GaylordPalms #CAGP - July 19, 2018
- Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Month Returns Aug 24-Sept 30, 2018 - July 18, 2018
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy To Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Early 2019 - July 17, 2018
- Orlando Shakes Hosts 30th Anniversary Season Gala Sept 16, 2018 @OrlandoShakes - July 16, 2018
- Frightened Rabbit Tribute Show at Will’s Pub July 19 to Benefit TWLOHA - July 15, 2018
- Universal Orlando Announces Chucky and Killer Klowns Scare Zones for Halloween Horror Nights 28 #HHN28 - July 13, 2018
- Ellipsis Brewing Marks Six-Month Anniversary with 5 Special Release Brews - July 12, 2018
- Walt Disney World Introduces its Newest Annual Pass and a Summer Pass Add-on - July 11, 2018
- First Narrators Announced for 2018 Candlelight Processional at Epcot - July 11, 2018
- Orlando Story Club Presents ‘What A Mess!’ at The Abbey July 18, 2018 - July 10, 2018