Walt Disney World has announced that overnight guests staying at Walt Disney World resorts soon will pay nightly fees for parking their cars.
The new policy goes into affect for guests who book reservations on or after March 21.
The fee will vary dependent on which level of accommodation is booked:
- Guests at Disney Value Resorts (Pop Century and the All-Stars) will be charged $13 per night.
- Guests at Disney Moderate Resorts (Carribean, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans) will be charged $19 per night.
- Guests at Disney Deluxe Resorts (Animal Kingdom Lodge, the Yacht and Beach resorts and the monorail hotels) will be charged a whopping $24 per night.
Visitors who are at the Disney World resorts for dining or shopping experiences will not be charged for their parked vehicles, according to a Walt Disney World spokesperson. I’m wondering if this means they will be validating parking receipts – it wasn’t made clear in the announcement.
This overnight resort parking fee is new to Walt Disney World, but other hotels in the tourist district, such at hotels at Universal Orlando and many near the Orange County Convention Center charge around $20 per night parking.
Certainly increased revenues are a goal of this new fee, which doesn’t sit well with long-time Disney fans I’ve talked to. But the move also serves to isolate guests on property. With the new parking fee, guests will think twice about renting a car to go to other Orlando parks/attractions. This means they’re more likely to stay on Disney property their entire vacation, spending their money with Disney.
What do you think of Walt Disney World enacting these new parking fees for the first time? Let me know in comments.
- Party for the Planet Returns to Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 20-22, 2019 #EarthDay2019 #PartyforthePlanet - April 17, 2019
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Digital Ticket Lottery for Dear Evan Hansen #YouWillBeFound #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - April 12, 2019
- Five Reasons You Should Attend the 2019 Florida Film Festival #FFF2019 - April 11, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events for April 2019 #OrlandoFoodies ::UPDATED:: - April 7, 2019
- Out and About: CityArts Opens in Historic Roger Kiene Building in Downtown Orlando - March 31, 2019
- Out and About: Tony Roma’s Serves Up Delicious New Classics Menu Through April 28, 2019 @TonyRomas - March 27, 2019
- Orlando Shakes and Michael Andrew Bring to Life the World Premiere of Jack and the Beanstalk April 4 – May 4, 2019 @OrlandoShakes - March 25, 2019
- Walt Disney World Announces A New Pavilion and More Coming to #Epcot - March 24, 2019
- Fun Spot America Announces New Interactive Water Experience Coming to Orlando Park this Summer @FunSpotAmerica - March 20, 2019
- Baby Giraffe Born at #Disney’s Animal Kingdom Reintroduced to Park’s Savanna - March 17, 2019