World of Beer is known for its beer selection – naturally with a name like that – but during a recent media event, I discovered their food is just as noteworthy.
I joined my friend Dawn of Come See Orlando as her guest at the downtown Orlando location, and enjoyed a sampling of items from the menu, including some new items.
They started us off with a German pretzel that was literally as big as our heads. Drenched in butter and salt, it was served with a stone-ground mustard and a brown ale beer cheese (normally extra, but worth the splurge), it was a great appetizer and paired well with several of the WOB beer selections.
Next was their Mac & Cheese Bites, featuring a pepperjack cheese sauce and shell pasta rolled up and coated with panko before deep frying. These bites are award-winning and I think it’s because the shells hold little pockets of the cheese sauce, where normal elbow macaroni doesn’t. It makes each bite super cheesy. These were yum!
Our third dish was the WOB Cobb, a reconstructed tower version of the classic salad featuring spring greens, roasted corn, mozzarella cheese, applewood smoked bacon, grape tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, and grilled chicken tossed with house-made Greek vinaigrette, drizzled with chipotle BBQ and topped with fresh mashed avocado and tortilla strips.
This salad had so many layers of flavor, but they all worked together to make all of my taste buds extremely happy.
The final dish was the Korean-influenced Bibimbap bowl. It featured spicy Gochujang marinated steak, sautéed mushrooms, cucumbers, and shredded carrots served with kimchi, scallions & sunny side up egg over jasmine rice. A very umami-tasting dish that paired well with hoppier beers.
This World of Beer location is located right on Lake Eola, so not only do you get great views, but you can go for a walk around the lake after, if you ate too much like we did.
Like I said, I wasn’t expecting much from the food menu since WOB is known for their brews, but I was very pleasantly surprised with the variety and quality of what we tasted. I would definitely eat here again.
Happy hour specials at WOB Downtown Orlando run Monday – Friday from 3pm – 7pm, and Sunday – Thursday from 10pm – close. Trivia nights are scheduled for Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 8pm, with Ladies Night on Thursdays from 7pm – close; and don’t miss $5 Burger and Brat Mondays.
Visit worldofbeer.com for more information. Insider tip: If you can’t find street parking, there’s a garage a half-block down from WOB on S. Osceola Ave.
Disclaimer: I was hosted for a media event. As always, my opinions are my own and honest.
- Brightline to Construct Walt Disney World Station at Disney Springs .. @GoBrightline #WaltDisneyWorld - November 24, 2020
- FusionFest Returns to Downtown Orlando Nov 28-29, 2020 .. #FusionFest #FusionFestOrlando - November 23, 2020
- Universal’s Endless Summer Resort – Dockside Inn and Suites Opens at Universal Orlando December 2020 .. #EndlessSummerDockside @UniversalOrlando - November 22, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center’s Frontyard Festival Kicks Off Dec 5: What You Need to Know .. #FrontyardFestival #OrlandoArts #SaveOurStages @DrPhillipsCtr - November 21, 2020
- Holidays at LEGOLAND® Return to LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 27, 2020 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #Holidays - November 20, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating #Thanksgiving 2020 In Orlando - November 18, 2020
- Walt Disney World Reopens Petting Zoo at Affection Section in Disney’s Animal Kingdom .. #WaltDisneyWorld #DisneysAnimalKingdom - November 16, 2020
- Walt Disney World First Look at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Ride Vehicles .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot #GOTG - November 15, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For November 13, 2020: Hawkers, Firehouse Subs, Pig Floyd’s, Tapa Toro, Gideons Bakehouse, White Castle, First Watch, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - November 13, 2020
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Christmas Celebration 2020 Kicks Off Nov. 14 .. #SeaWorldOrlando #ChristmasCelebration - November 10, 2020