Downtown Orlando music venue Backbooth has undergone a renovation and is now known as Soundbar.
Besides the name change, the venue has received a sprucing up, including new murals by Cocoa Beach-based artist Van Eggers, and the removal of the step divider along the back wall in the main room.
There are also new weekly feature nights joining the existing Late Night Swim Fridays: Taco Bell Tuesdays, hosted by Shaw Smith, is a local comedy show; Not a Phase Wednesdays is a throwback night by Tori Kravitz; Clout Saturdays, anchored by DJ Grape La Flame, are for underground hip-hop; and Sundays will be hosted by dubstep crew Bassnight.
On nights there are live shows scheduled, concerts will take place earlier with the weekly features starting after.
Another major change is the venue is now non-smoking.
The website is currently down, but you can find Soundbar and its event calendar online at facebook.com/Soundbar.Orl.
[Soundbar photo courtesy Soundbar]
- Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts Announces Opening Date for New Venue Called Judson’s Live - December 1, 2023
- MegaCon Orlando Reveals Initial Line-Up of Guests for 2024 Event - November 30, 2023
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To 2023 Holiday Events In Central Florida - November 29, 2023
- Places To Donate On #GivingTuesday 2023 In Central Florida - November 28, 2023
- Out and About: Jeff’s Bagel Run Introduces Holiday Flavors for the Season - November 22, 2023
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens Nov. 24, 2023-Jan. 06, 2024 - November 13, 2023
- The Holidays at Universal Orlando Return Nov. 17 Throughout the Resort - November 11, 2023
- HOLIDAYS at LEGOLAND Florida Return Nov. 24-Dec. 31, 2023 - November 10, 2023
- SeaWorld Orlando’s 2023 Christmas Celebration Kicks Off Nov. 10 - November 9, 2023
- Get Free Tickets to ‘Thanksgiving’ Advance Movie Screening In Orlando - November 8, 2023