Downtown Orlando music venue Backbooth has undergone a renovation and is now known as Soundbar.
Besides the name change, the venue has received a sprucing up, including new murals by Cocoa Beach-based artist Van Eggers, and the removal of the step divider along the back wall in the main room.
There are also new weekly feature nights joining the existing Late Night Swim Fridays: Taco Bell Tuesdays, hosted by Shaw Smith, is a local comedy show; Not a Phase Wednesdays is a throwback night by Tori Kravitz; Clout Saturdays, anchored by DJ Grape La Flame, are for underground hip-hop; and Sundays will be hosted by dubstep crew Bassnight.
On nights there are live shows scheduled, concerts will take place earlier with the weekly features starting after.
Another major change is the venue is now non-smoking.
The website is currently down, but you can find Soundbar and its event calendar online at facebook.com/Soundbar.Orl.
[Soundbar photo courtesy Soundbar]
- 2019 Monster Jam Tickets Go On Sale September 25, 2018 - September 24, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 22, 2018: Holler and Dash, Pharmacy, Earth Fare, and More - September 22, 2018
- $10 Day Returns to @OrlandoScience Center Sept 23 - September 20, 2018
- Madame Tussauds Orlando and SEA LIFE Aquarium Orlando to Host Sensory Friendly Day Sept 22 - September 19, 2018
- 2018 US Open Table Tennis Championships to be Held in Orlando - September 18, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Reveals Plans for Florida’s Tallest Launch Roller Coaster #Tigris - September 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 14, 2018: Tijuana Flats, Columbia Restaurant, The Capital Grille, and More - September 14, 2018
- FOZZY to Rock House of Blues Orlando Sept 27, 2018 @FOZZYROCK - September 13, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Outfield’s Tony Lewis Sept 28 - September 12, 2018
- Universal Orlando Announces Final Halloween Horror Nights 28 House: ScaryTales: Deadly Ever After #HHN28 - September 11, 2018