Downtown Orlando music venue Backbooth has undergone a renovation and is now known as Soundbar.
Besides the name change, the venue has received a sprucing up, including new murals by Cocoa Beach-based artist Van Eggers, and the removal of the step divider along the back wall in the main room.
There are also new weekly feature nights joining the existing Late Night Swim Fridays: Taco Bell Tuesdays, hosted by Shaw Smith, is a local comedy show; Not a Phase Wednesdays is a throwback night by Tori Kravitz; Clout Saturdays, anchored by DJ Grape La Flame, are for underground hip-hop; and Sundays will be hosted by dubstep crew Bassnight.
On nights there are live shows scheduled, concerts will take place earlier with the weekly features starting after.
Another major change is the venue is now non-smoking.
The website is currently down, but you can find Soundbar and its event calendar online at facebook.com/Soundbar.Orl.
[Soundbar photo courtesy Soundbar]
- Chef Gary Appelsies Launches Free Central Florida YMCA Summer Food Tour - June 18, 2018
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando Debuts New ‘Jurassic World’ Kids’ Suites - June 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup June 16, 2018: Cask & Larder, Pizza Bruno, Pharmacy, Paddlefish, and More - June 16, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts Ron Pope June 29, 2018 - June 15, 2018
- SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. Removes All Single-Use Plastic Shopping Bags and Plastic Straws from its 12 Theme Parks - June 14, 2018
- Nicki Minaj And Future bring their ‘NickiHndrxx’ Tour to Amway Center Oct 20, 2018 - June 13, 2018
- Orlando Science Center Celebrates Superhero Week June 14-17, 2018 - June 12, 2018
- Coke Zero Sugar 400 Weekend Roars Into Daytona International Speedway July 5-7, 2018 @DISupdates - June 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2018 *UPDATED* - June 10, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup June 9, 2018: Homecoming, Kadance, King Bao, and More - June 9, 2018