Downtown Orlando music venue Backbooth has undergone a renovation and is now known as Soundbar.
Besides the name change, the venue has received a sprucing up, including new murals by Cocoa Beach-based artist Van Eggers, and the removal of the step divider along the back wall in the main room.
There are also new weekly feature nights joining the existing Late Night Swim Fridays: Taco Bell Tuesdays, hosted by Shaw Smith, is a local comedy show; Not a Phase Wednesdays is a throwback night by Tori Kravitz; Clout Saturdays, anchored by DJ Grape La Flame, are for underground hip-hop; and Sundays will be hosted by dubstep crew Bassnight.
On nights there are live shows scheduled, concerts will take place earlier with the weekly features starting after.
Another major change is the venue is now non-smoking.
The website is currently down, but you can find Soundbar and its event calendar online at facebook.com/Soundbar.Orl.
[Soundbar photo courtesy Soundbar]
- The Great LEGO Race Opens March 23 at LEGOLAND Florida - March 18, 2018
- Winn-Dixie Announces Plans to Close Some Central Florida Stores Following Bankruptcy Filing - March 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 16, 2018: Urbain 40, Hunger Street Tacos, Morthan Cheese, and More - March 16, 2018
- Walt Disney World to Start Charging Resort Guests Overnight Parking Fees - March 15, 2018
- Yelp Restaurant Week Runs March 18-24 in Orlando #yelporlando - March 14, 2018
- Music Icon Richard Marx to Rock Plaza Live Orlando on March 18, 2018 - March 13, 2018
- JAY-Z And Beyoncé to Bring On The Run II Tour to Orlando’s Camping World Stadium Aug 29, 2018 - March 12, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s 2018 Picks For Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day - March 11, 2018
- 59th Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival Returns March 16-18, 2018 - March 10, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 9, 2018: Spoleto, Seasons52, J-Petal Orlando, and More - March 9, 2018