The Orlando Wetlands Festival returns February 17, 2018, to highlight the Orlando Wetlands Park, the City’s 1,650 acre water reclamation wetland.
Event co-sponsor, Orange Audubon Society, will lead guided bird-watching excursions. The Friends of the Orlando Wetlands will lead wetland exploration hikes and the Florida Native Plant Society will lead native plant identification hikes.
Bring your camera and join guided photo hikes led by professional photographers. For those who like to sit and ride, guided bus tours will travel along the wetland berms, giving riders a chance to experience firsthand, Florida’s wild wetlands.
In addition to the numerous guided tours, there will be bird-banding and mist-netting demonstrations, as well as, live music by Homer Stiles.
Watch wildlife shows with live animals such as alligators, snakes, birds and many others. Also, free native wildflowers and backyard wildlife plants will be given away to encourage biodiversity.
There will be interactive children’s activities, bounce houses, hay rides and much more.
The best part? Admission, parking and all events are FREE. Food /beverage will be available for purchase. Please leave pets at home.
The festival takes place from 9am to 3pm at Fort Christmas Historical Park in Christmas. For more information, visit cityoforlando.net/wetlands or register for free tickets and reminders at orlandowetlandsfestival.eventbrite.com.
The event is sponsored by: City of Orlando, Orange Audubon Society and Orange County Parks and Recreation. Volunteers for the event provided by the Friends of the Orlando Wetlands and Green Up Orlando.
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 22, 2018: Holler and Dash, Pharmacy, Earth Fare, and More - September 22, 2018
- $10 Day Returns to @OrlandoScience Center Sept 23 - September 20, 2018
- Madame Tussauds Orlando and SEA LIFE Aquarium Orlando to Host Sensory Friendly Day Sept 22 - September 19, 2018
- 2018 US Open Table Tennis Championships to be Held in Orlando - September 18, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Reveals Plans for Florida’s Tallest Launch Roller Coaster #Tigris - September 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup September 14, 2018: Tijuana Flats, Columbia Restaurant, The Capital Grille, and More - September 14, 2018
- FOZZY to Rock House of Blues Orlando Sept 27, 2018 @FOZZYROCK - September 13, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Outfield’s Tony Lewis Sept 28 - September 12, 2018
- Universal Orlando Announces Final Halloween Horror Nights 28 House: ScaryTales: Deadly Ever After #HHN28 - September 11, 2018
- ‘The Horrors of Blumhouse’ will Return to Halloween Horror Nights 28 at Universal Orlando #HHN28 - September 7, 2018