Who doesn’t like a nice cold margarita? Whether you like yours frozen or on the rocks, there’s a flavor for just about every taste bud.
Today, February 22, is National Margarita Day, celebrating the drink that was first invented in 1948.
According to legend, a socialite named Margarita Sames created the first margarita at her hacienda in Acapulco, Mexico. She mixed together tequila, Cointreau and fresh lime juice, which today remains the basic recipe for a margarita.
Over 60 years later, the margarita is one of the top 3 cocktails in the U.S., and, according to the Food Network, on average, over 185,000 margaritas are consumed every hour in this country.
Whew! That’s a lot of wasting away in Margaritaville.
Several restaurants are celebrating the day with margarita drink specials. So grab some friends and check out these deals:
bartaco – Dr. Phillips
Enjoy margarita specials all day, including the limited-time Chai-Chicha-Rita.
Chroma Modern Bar + Kitchen – Lake Nona
Enjoy a Garden Rita, made with Mini Bell Pepper, Cilantro, Cucumber, Lemon, Cointreau Liqueur, Roca Patrón Silver Tequila for $11.
Chuy’s – All Central Florida Locations
$1 floaters and $1 off seasonal Frozen Blackberry and Frozen Blood Orange Margaritas all day.
Cocina 214 – Winter Park
Enjoy drink specials during happy hour from 4:30-6:30pm.
K Resturant & Wine Bar – Orlando
Enjoy $4 classic margaritas all day.
Margaritaville – Universal Orlando CityWalk
Hosting a Margarita-making class at 4pm, and a huge margarita toast at 5pm.
On the Border – All Central Florida Locations
Serving up $2 house margaritas all day, and $5 Patron shots.
Paradiso 37 – Disney Springs
Enjoy The P37 Swirl, their famous Paradiso 37 Margarita swirled with their famous Red Sangria for $10.
Rocco’s Tacos – Dr. Phillips
Serving up $6 margaritas and $16 pitchers all day.
Do you have any favorite places in Central Florida to enjoy a margarita? Let us know in the comments.
However and wherever you celebrate National Margarita Day, please do so responsibly and never drink and drive.
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2022 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #OrlandoHolidays #VisitOrlando - June 29, 2022
- Out and About: Tasting the New BBQ Bowls at Sonny’s BBQ .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 27, 2022
- Swamp Sistas Hold 2022 Summer Hope For Kids Fundraiser .. @SwampSistas @FeedHopeNow #FightHunger - June 22, 2022
- ‘Red Hot & Boom’ Returns to Altamonte Springs July 3, 2022 .. #RedHotBoom #WXXL #AltamonteSprings - June 15, 2022
- Out and About: Experiencing ‘Electric Ocean’ at SeaWorld Orlando .. #SeaWorldOrlando #ElectricOcean - June 13, 2022
- Sonny’s BBQ Introduces New Limited-Time BBQ Bowls .. @SonnysBBQ #OrlandoBBQ - June 9, 2022
- Out and About: ‘Jesus Christ Superstar’ at Dr. Phillips Center .. #JCSTheMusical #DrPhillipsCenter #OrlandoArts #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - June 8, 2022
- Sixth Annual CommUNITY Rainbow Run and Festival Benefiting onePULSE Foundation To Be Held June 4 .. #CommUNITYRainbowRun #OnePULSE #CharityEvents - June 2, 2022
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Guide To Celebrating National Donut Day June 3, 2022 .. #NationalDonutDay #OrlandoDonuts #OrlandoDoughnuts - June 2, 2022
- Orlando Weekly’s Bite30 Returns Starting June 1, 2022 .. #bite30 #OrlandoDining #Foodies - May 31, 2022