Who doesn’t like a nice cold margarita? Whether you like yours frozen or on the rocks, there’s a flavor for just about every taste bud.
Today, February 22, is National Margarita Day, celebrating the drink that was first invented in 1948.
According to legend, a socialite named Margarita Sames created the first margarita at her hacienda in Acapulco, Mexico. She mixed together tequila, Cointreau and fresh lime juice, which today remains the basic recipe for a margarita.
Over 60 years later, the margarita is one of the top 3 cocktails in the U.S., and, according to the Food Network, on average, over 185,000 margaritas are consumed every hour in this country.
Whew! That’s a lot of wasting away in Margaritaville.
Several restaurants are celebrating the day with margarita drink specials. So grab some friends and check out these deals:
bartaco – Dr. Phillips
Enjoy margarita specials all day, including the limited-time Chai-Chicha-Rita.
Chroma Modern Bar + Kitchen – Lake Nona
Enjoy a Garden Rita, made with Mini Bell Pepper, Cilantro, Cucumber, Lemon, Cointreau Liqueur, Roca Patrón Silver Tequila for $11.
Chuy’s – All Central Florida Locations
$1 floaters and $1 off seasonal Frozen Blackberry and Frozen Blood Orange Margaritas all day.
Cocina 214 – Winter Park
Enjoy drink specials during happy hour from 4:30-6:30pm.
K Resturant & Wine Bar – Orlando
Enjoy $4 classic margaritas all day.
Margaritaville – Universal Orlando CityWalk
Hosting a Margarita-making class at 4pm, and a huge margarita toast at 5pm.
On the Border – All Central Florida Locations
Serving up $2 house margaritas all day, and $5 Patron shots.
Paradiso 37 – Disney Springs
Enjoy The P37 Swirl, their famous Paradiso 37 Margarita swirled with their famous Red Sangria for $10.
Rocco’s Tacos – Dr. Phillips
Serving up $6 margaritas and $16 pitchers all day.
Do you have any favorite places in Central Florida to enjoy a margarita? Let us know in the comments.
However and wherever you celebrate National Margarita Day, please do so responsibly and never drink and drive.
- SeaWorld Parks and Busch Gardens Offer Free Admission To U.S. Veterans And Families - May 22, 2019
- Madonna Brings Madame X Tour to Miami for 5 Dates in December 2019 #Madonna - May 21, 2019
- Tickets Now Available for #NBA Experience Opening this Summer at #DisneySprings - May 20, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Partners with Rocket Mortgage to Honor Apollo 11 Crew @ExploreSpaceKSC - May 19, 2019
- Universal Orlando Offers First Look at Hagrid from Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Ride #HarryPotter #WizardingWorldOrlando - May 18, 2019
- Reggaeton Icon J Balvin to Play @AmwayCenter September 2019 - May 17, 2019
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2019 #Epcot Food & Wine Festival at #WaltDisneyWorld - May 16, 2019
- INCUBUS Brings 20th Anniversary Tour to Dr. Phillips Center Nov 2019 - May 15, 2019
- TODAY Show to Live Broadcast the Grand Opening of #TODAYCafe at #UniversalOrlando @TODAYshow - May 14, 2019
- M•A•C Cosmetics to Host World Premiere Event for Disney’s Aladdin Collection at #DisneySprings @MACCosmetics - May 14, 2019