Who doesn’t like a nice cold margarita? Whether you like yours frozen or on the rocks, there’s a flavor for just about every taste bud.
Today, February 22, is National Margarita Day, celebrating the drink that was first invented in 1948.
According to legend, a socialite named Margarita Sames created the first margarita at her hacienda in Acapulco, Mexico. She mixed together tequila, Cointreau and fresh lime juice, which today remains the basic recipe for a margarita.
Over 60 years later, the margarita is one of the top 3 cocktails in the U.S., and, according to the Food Network, on average, over 185,000 margaritas are consumed every hour in this country.
Whew! That’s a lot of wasting away in Margaritaville.
Several restaurants are celebrating the day with margarita drink specials. So grab some friends and check out these deals:
bartaco – Dr. Phillips
Enjoy margarita specials all day, including the limited-time Chai-Chicha-Rita.
Chroma Modern Bar + Kitchen – Lake Nona
Enjoy a Garden Rita, made with Mini Bell Pepper, Cilantro, Cucumber, Lemon, Cointreau Liqueur, Roca Patrón Silver Tequila for $11.
Chuy’s – All Central Florida Locations
$1 floaters and $1 off seasonal Frozen Blackberry and Frozen Blood Orange Margaritas all day.
Cocina 214 – Winter Park
Enjoy drink specials during happy hour from 4:30-6:30pm.
K Resturant & Wine Bar – Orlando
Enjoy $4 classic margaritas all day.
Margaritaville – Universal Orlando CityWalk
Hosting a Margarita-making class at 4pm, and a huge margarita toast at 5pm.
On the Border – All Central Florida Locations
Serving up $2 house margaritas all day, and $5 Patron shots.
Paradiso 37 – Disney Springs
Enjoy The P37 Swirl, their famous Paradiso 37 Margarita swirled with their famous Red Sangria for $10.
Rocco’s Tacos – Dr. Phillips
Serving up $6 margaritas and $16 pitchers all day.
Do you have any favorite places in Central Florida to enjoy a margarita? Let us know in the comments.
However and wherever you celebrate National Margarita Day, please do so responsibly and never drink and drive.
- Disney On Ice presents Mickey’s Search Party at Amway Center Sept 7-9 + Ticket Giveaway! - August 15, 2018
- Hyundai Hope On Wheels Presents Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children With $100,000 Award to Support Pediatric Cancer Research - August 14, 2018
- iHeart Radio Hosts Free Monster Jam® Triple Threat “Feast with the Beast” Zombie Bash at Ace Cafe Orlando Aug 17 - August 12, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup August 11, 2018: Tijuana Flats, Highball & Harvest, Foxtail Coffee, and More - August 11, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Hosts Thrill Fest Ride Night Aug 17 @seaworld - August 9, 2018
- Geek Out at Orlando Science Center’s ‘Science Night Live’ August 18 - August 8, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Fixx Aug 23, 2018 - August 6, 2018
- Westgate Resorts Opens All-Suite Cocoa Beach Resort - August 5, 2018
- Writer’s Block Bookstore and Quantum Leap Winery Present Author Sandra Brown Aug 9 - August 3, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Offers Summer Deal on Howl-O-Scream 2018 Tickets #NowhereToHide @BuschGardens - August 2, 2018