Who doesn’t like a nice cold margarita? Whether you like yours frozen or on the rocks, there’s a flavor for just about every taste bud.
Today, February 22, is National Margarita Day, celebrating the drink that was first invented in 1948.
According to legend, a socialite named Margarita Sames created the first margarita at her hacienda in Acapulco, Mexico. She mixed together tequila, Cointreau and fresh lime juice, which today remains the basic recipe for a margarita.
Over 60 years later, the margarita is one of the top 3 cocktails in the U.S., and, according to the Food Network, on average, over 185,000 margaritas are consumed every hour in this country.
Whew! That’s a lot of wasting away in Margaritaville.
Several restaurants are celebrating the day with margarita drink specials. So grab some friends and check out these deals:
bartaco – Dr. Phillips
Enjoy margarita specials all day, including the limited-time Chai-Chicha-Rita.
Chroma Modern Bar + Kitchen – Lake Nona
Enjoy a Garden Rita, made with Mini Bell Pepper, Cilantro, Cucumber, Lemon, Cointreau Liqueur, Roca Patrón Silver Tequila for $11.
Chuy’s – All Central Florida Locations
$1 floaters and $1 off seasonal Frozen Blackberry and Frozen Blood Orange Margaritas all day.
Cocina 214 – Winter Park
Enjoy drink specials during happy hour from 4:30-6:30pm.
K Resturant & Wine Bar – Orlando
Enjoy $4 classic margaritas all day.
Margaritaville – Universal Orlando CityWalk
Hosting a Margarita-making class at 4pm, and a huge margarita toast at 5pm.
On the Border – All Central Florida Locations
Serving up $2 house margaritas all day, and $5 Patron shots.
Paradiso 37 – Disney Springs
Enjoy The P37 Swirl, their famous Paradiso 37 Margarita swirled with their famous Red Sangria for $10.
Rocco’s Tacos – Dr. Phillips
Serving up $6 margaritas and $16 pitchers all day.
Do you have any favorite places in Central Florida to enjoy a margarita? Let us know in the comments.
However and wherever you celebrate National Margarita Day, please do so responsibly and never drink and drive.
- Florida Hurricane Supplies Sales Tax Holiday Runs May 29-June 4, 2020 - May 25, 2020
- NBA in Talks with Walt Disney World to Restart Season in Orlando .. #NBA #WWoS #ESPN #WaltDisneyWorld - May 24, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Plans to Reopen June 1 .. #LEGOLANDFlorida #Reopening #PirateIslandHotel - May 23, 2020
- Universal Orlando Submits Plan to Reopen Parks in June .. #UniversalOrlando #Reopening - May 21, 2020
- Seminole State’s Emil Buehler Planetarium to be Part of Free Nationwide Star Party May 22, 2020 .. #StarParty #LiveStreaming #SeminoleState - May 20, 2020
- Orlando Music Community Leaders Band Together for ORLANDO MUSIC CARES Benefit May 25, 2020 .. #OrlandoMusicCares #LocalMusic #CharityEvents - May 19, 2020
- Disney Springs Reopens May 20 – What You Need to Know .. #DisneySprings #Reopening #WaltDisneyWorld - May 18, 2020
- Orlando Restaurants Opening for Limited Dine-In Service This Weekend .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies #DineIn - May 16, 2020
- ICON Park’s Madame Tussauds and SEA LIFE Aquarium to Reopen Today .. #ICONPark #MadameTussaudsOrlando #SeaLifeOrlando - May 15, 2020
- Universal Orlando Reopening CityWalk May 14 for Limited Operations .. #UniversalOrlando #UniversalCityWalk #ThemeParks - May 14, 2020