Who doesn’t like a nice cold margarita? Whether you like yours frozen or on the rocks, there’s a flavor for just about every taste bud.
Today, February 22, is National Margarita Day, celebrating the drink that was first invented in 1948.
According to legend, a socialite named Margarita Sames created the first margarita at her hacienda in Acapulco, Mexico. She mixed together tequila, Cointreau and fresh lime juice, which today remains the basic recipe for a margarita.
Over 60 years later, the margarita is one of the top 3 cocktails in the U.S., and, according to the Food Network, on average, over 185,000 margaritas are consumed every hour in this country.
Whew! That’s a lot of wasting away in Margaritaville.
Several restaurants are celebrating the day with margarita drink specials. So grab some friends and check out these deals:
bartaco – Dr. Phillips
Enjoy margarita specials all day, including the limited-time Chai-Chicha-Rita.
Chroma Modern Bar + Kitchen – Lake Nona
Enjoy a Garden Rita, made with Mini Bell Pepper, Cilantro, Cucumber, Lemon, Cointreau Liqueur, Roca Patrón Silver Tequila for $11.
Chuy’s – All Central Florida Locations
$1 floaters and $1 off seasonal Frozen Blackberry and Frozen Blood Orange Margaritas all day.
Cocina 214 – Winter Park
Enjoy drink specials during happy hour from 4:30-6:30pm.
K Resturant & Wine Bar – Orlando
Enjoy $4 classic margaritas all day.
Margaritaville – Universal Orlando CityWalk
Hosting a Margarita-making class at 4pm, and a huge margarita toast at 5pm.
On the Border – All Central Florida Locations
Serving up $2 house margaritas all day, and $5 Patron shots.
Paradiso 37 – Disney Springs
Enjoy The P37 Swirl, their famous Paradiso 37 Margarita swirled with their famous Red Sangria for $10.
Rocco’s Tacos – Dr. Phillips
Serving up $6 margaritas and $16 pitchers all day.
Do you have any favorite places in Central Florida to enjoy a margarita? Let us know in the comments.
However and wherever you celebrate National Margarita Day, please do so responsibly and never drink and drive.
- House of Blues Orlando Presents AWOLNATION May 24, 2018 - March 22, 2018
- LEGOLAND Florida to Open Funnel Cake Factory Spring 2018 - March 21, 2018
- Orlando Science Center Hosts Top Secret Weekend March 24-25, 2018 #orlandosciencecenter - March 20, 2018
- Meet the Local Actresses appearing in Waitress at Dr. Phillips Center March 20-25, 2018 - March 19, 2018
- The Great LEGO Race Opens March 23 at LEGOLAND Florida - March 18, 2018
- Winn-Dixie Announces Plans to Close Some Central Florida Stores Following Bankruptcy Filing - March 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 16, 2018: Urbain 40, Hunger Street Tacos, Morthan Cheese, and More - March 16, 2018
- Walt Disney World to Start Charging Resort Guests Overnight Parking Fees - March 15, 2018
- Yelp Restaurant Week Runs March 18-24 in Orlando #yelporlando - March 14, 2018
- Music Icon Richard Marx to Rock Plaza Live Orlando on March 18, 2018 - March 13, 2018