The Orlando Fringe Winter Mini-Fest, a 5-day version of the original Orlando Fringe, returns to Loch Haven Park January 3-7, 2018
This fest will feature a hand-picked selection of award-winning or fan favorites from past Orlando International Fringe Theatre Festival and new works hand-selected from other Fringe Festivals around the world.
- Alignment – Violinist and cellist Jose Navarro, will take you on a deep journey through the chakras. This colorful adventure will highlight the meanings and challenges of each energy center.
- BAKER’S DOZEN: 12 Angry Puppets – Rub-a-dub-dub, the Baker’s dead in the tub! Now his husband the Butcher is on trial. And what ever happened to this mysterious Candlestick Maker? Only the puppets know.
- Balls of Yarns – -time Best of Fest winner Paul Strickland’s WEIRD-LARIOUS ONE-MAN MUSICAL ADVENTURE! David Lynch meets The Wizard of Oz. Songs! Yarns! Balls!
- Beers About Songs – With personal stories and touching songs, it is guaranteed to make you open your eyes to the world of relationships.
- Black in the Box – This one-man show by Marlon Burnley follows a man that is able to embody and trace the steps of blacks from the slave era to current-day America through the use of masks. As the result of his immersion, the man gains insight and understanding as to why frustrations have grown within the black community.
- Commencement – A hauntingly deep exploration of the lives of three women drawn together in the aftermath of a high school shooting. A timely lesson in empathy leaving the audiences with greater understanding.
- The Devil – From critically acclaimed comedian Mike Delamont, the creator and star of God Is A Scottish Drag Queen comes an all new character and the world premiere of an all new show.
- Evacuated! – Forced to flee Indonesia… the award-winning true story of a strange girl in a beautiful land.
- Forget Me Not – The Alzheimer’s Whodunnit – Jim’s wife, a patient on a dementia ward, has died from what appears to be natural causes. Jim is a retired police detective and he smells a rat. He’s determined to solve one last murder. The problem is he also has dementia. It’s a case worthy of the greatest detective mind. But his will have to do.
- Fringe Family Feud – We asked 100 Fringe artists to be part of our show. Will it be Magicians vs Canadians? Drag Queens vs Lutherans? Mimes vs Mamet? Different teams every show.
- Interstellar Elder – A badass grandma in space is adrift in a spaceship carrying cryogenically frozen human cargo (the audience) as she waits for Earth to heal itself.
- La Reina Yolanda – Meet Yolanda, a fierce Latina who we follow from childhood to old age. Beset by tragedy, she leans on her sharp mind and family to land on her feet. An advocate for her family and the less fortunate, her mind becomes ravaged by Alzheimer’s. Ages 7 and up.
- The Ladies and Lady Boys of the Peek-a-Boo Lounge – The Award Winning Ladies of The Peek-a-Boo Lounge get down and dirty and dance out your sexual frustrations. This show is 18 and up due to nudity and sexual content.
- The Legend of White Woman Creek – This is a one-woman music-theater piece based on a ghost story from Western Kansas. A thirteen song cycle of love, betrayal and revenge on the Kansas prairie, sung by the Ghost of Anna Morgan Faber.
- Love Hertz – The hilarious adventures of a man and an antique radio that fall in love! Mark Twain meets the Brothers Grimm meets Pee Wee Herman in this sillier-than-thou musical comedy brought to you by the oddest couple of fringe favorites, Paul Strickland (Papa Squat) and Brandon Roberts (Sport, Stump).
- Masquerade of the Red Death: A Dark Burlesque Fantasy – His excellence, Prince Prospero, cordially invites you to his deviant masquerade. Join us in the grand abbey, far from the pestilence of the outside world, to revel in safety and depravity within its illustrious halls. This show is 18 and up due to nudity and sexual content.
- Mike Delamont: Husky Panda – Critically acclaimed comedian Mike Delamont brings his popular stand up comedy show to Orlando for the first time ever.
- Ominous George – An original rock & roll recital by a sarcastic antihero who dives face-first into the empty swimming pool that is his mind.
- Petunia and Chicken – From the creators of last year’s DARLINGS comes a 2 person epic prairie love story inspired by the works of Midwest author Willa Cather. Ages 7 and up.
- QUICKIES by Tracey Jane Smith – Explore the unexpected ups and downs of love as this smart, sexy ensemble presents four original plays by Tracey Jane Smith. This show is 18 and up due to strong language and mature content.
- ThanksKilling The Musical – Based on the 2009 movie Thankskilling, this comedy musical follows five unsuspecting teens through a Thanksgiving homecoming from hell.This show is 18 and up due to strong language and violence.
- There Ain’t No More: Death of a Folksinger – A raucous one-man operetta based on legends of American folk music and the early vaudeville stage. This show is 18 and up due to strong language and mature content.
- Til Death: The Six Wives of Henry VIII – This is a one-woman play that all starts in a bizarre waiting room in the afterlife room. One by one, the wives of Henry VIII arrive, much to the shock and dismay of each previous wife. What culminates is a heated frenzy of an ex-wives club where these women swap stories.
- Varietease: Room 100 – Stories of the Chelsea Hotel set in the 1970’s… during the New York PUNK Rock Era. This show is 18 and up due to strong language and mature content.
- WANZIE With A Z – The real-life journey of Actor/Playwright Michael Wanzie from age 6 to 60. There will be comedy, drama, singing, and dancing.
Most shows are rated for ages 13 and up, though some do have mature themes. A few are 18 and up and are noted as such in their description. A couple are kid-friendly and are also noted above.
As with the original Orlando Fringe, you have to buy a 2018 Orlando Fringe Winter Mini-Fest Button ($3). This button and a show ticket are required for admission into any performance.
Tickets to each performance are $15 per person.
For tickets and more information,including performance times, visit ofwinterminifest.com.
- Enzian Theater Offering Four New Indie Movies to Stream .. @EnzianTheater @atwdfilm #CorpusChristiFilm @ExtraOrdFilm @SWMYfilm - April 5, 2020
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Second Free Online #StayHome Music Fest April 5 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - April 5, 2020
- SeaWorld Parks Provide Free Online Animal and Nature Classroom Resources .. @SeaWorld #ClassroomResources - April 4, 2020
- Creative City Project Presents “Stimulate the Arts” Online Fundraiser .. @Creative_Proj #OrlandoArts - April 3, 2020
- Orlando’s East End Market Launches Mobile Delivery Service .. @EastEndMkt - April 2, 2020
- Feed the Need Florida to Distribute Meals to Families Impacted by COVID-19 .. #FeedtheNeedFL - March 31, 2020
- Monster Jam World Finals 2020 in Orlando Has Been Cancelled .. @MonsterJam #MonsterJam - March 30, 2020
- Enzian Theater Now Offers On Demand Streaming of Indie Movies .. @EnzianTheater @bacuraufilme @TheBandFilm @TheWhistlers #saintfrances - March 29, 2020
- Southern Fried Sunday to Host Free Online #StayHome Music Fest March 29 With Optional Food Supplied by Winter Park’s #NewStandard .. #SFS - March 28, 2020
- Where to Find Restaurants Offering Take-Out and Delivery in the Orlando Area .. #SupportLocalRestaurants #GoodToGoOrlando #OrlandoToGo #VisitOrlando - March 28, 2020