Legendary singer/songwriter James Taylor & His All-Star Band announced tour dates for 2018 today with special guest Bonnie Raitt, and it includes stops in Orlando and Tampa in May.
This year’s tour kicks off at the Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, FL on May 8 and travels to Orlando’s Amway Center on May 9, and Tampa’s Amalie Arena on Saturday, May 12.
Over the course of his celebrated songwriting and performing career, James Taylor has sold more than 100 million albums, earning gold, platinum, and multi-platinum awards for classics ranging from Sweet Baby James in 1970 to October Road in 2002.
In 2015, Taylor released Before This World, his first new studio album in thirteen years, which earned him his first ever #1 album.
Over his 40+ year career, he has won multiple Grammy awards and has been inducted into both the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the prestigious Songwriters Hall of Fame. In November 2015, Taylor was presented with the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation’s highest civilian honor. In December 2016 Taylor received the Kennedy Center Honors, which are presented annually to individuals who have enriched American culture by distinguished achievement in the performing arts.
Learn more about James Taylor at jamestaylor.com.
His special guest on the tour is Bonnie Raitt, who is a ten-time Grammy winner, who Rolling Stone named as both one of the “100 Greatest Singers of All Time” and one of the “100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time.” She was also inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2000.
After 20 years as a cult favorite, she broke through to the top in the early 90s with her GRAMMY-award winning albums, Nick of Time and Luck of the Draw, which featured hits such as, “Something To Talk About” and “I Can’t Make You Love Me.”
Raitt released her twentieth album of her 45+ year career, Dig In Deep, in 2016. Learn more at bonnieraitt.com.
TIckets for the Amway Center show in Orlando on May 9 are $66 and $100, and are available at amwaycenter.com, Chase Box Office at Amway Center, Ticketmaster retail locations, charge-by-phone at 800.745.3000 or at Ticketmaster.com.
Tickets for the Amalie Arena show in Tampa on May 12 are $66 and $100, and are available at amaliearena.com, the McDonald’s® Ticket Office at AMALIE Arena, Ticketmaster outlets and at Ticketmaster.com.
Tickets go on sale to the general public for both shows on Friday, January 19 at 10am.
- Electric Ocean Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Memorial Day Weekend - May 23, 2018
- Orlando Officially Named Host City For 2022 Special Olympics USA Games - May 21, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup May 19, 2018: Taste Central Florida, Habit Burger, Hopdoddy Burger Bar, and More - May 19, 2018
- IAAPA Breaks Ground on New International Headquarters in Orlando - May 18, 2018
- MEGACON Orlando to give First Look at New Madame Tussauds’ Justice League Exhibit - May 16, 2018
- Headliners Announced for Rock the Universe 2018 at Universal Orlando - May 14, 2018
- Out and About: Orlando Welcomes 72 Million Visitors in 2017 #VisitOrlando - May 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating Mother’s Day 2018 - May 10, 2018
- Schedule Announced for Sunset Music Festival in Tampa May 26-27, 2018 #SMF2018 - May 9, 2018
- Reading is Magical with Disney on Ice and the Orlando Public Library on May 10, 2018 - May 8, 2018