At this summer’s D23 Expo, it was announced a new transportation system at Walt Disney World called the Disney Skyliner would be coming to the resort, and this week we learned more about it.
The gondola-style system will connect Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the International Gateway at Epcot via stops at Disney’s Art of Animation, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach resorts, plus other locations yet to be announced.
Select Disney Skyliner cabins will feature Disney characters on their exterior design, including favorites from films, Disney attractions, and of course, the “Fab Five.”
This week details about the boarding stations were revealed, via D23.com, the official Disney fan club.
The station at the International Gateway at Epcot will be have a European-inspired design, borrowed from the nearby Epcot pavillions. This station will feature canopies, hand-painted murals, and ornamental steel structures inspired by the early 18th-century Art Nouveau style. It will also offer a great view of the World Showcase inside the park.
The station at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will feature a complementary design to the parks entrance. While in the air, passengers will get a bird’s-eye view of some of the park’s attractions, including The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. From the artist rendering above, it looks like the station will be near the lake and boat dock, across from the park entrance.
One station hub will be at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resorts, and the station design will be inspired by the open-air village marketplaces of the Caribbean. Here, guests can transfer gondola routes or enjoy the resort’s waterfront.
Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will share a skyliner station, and arrivals and departures will travel above Hourglass Lake and feature a panoramic view of both resorts.
What do you think about the Disney Skyliner? Are you excited to ride this new mode of transportation when it’s open?
- Seven Seas Food Festival Returns To SeaWorld Orlando Feb 3-May 7, 2023 - January 27, 2023
- ‘Rock of Ages’ to Play Garden Theatre in Winter Garden Jan 25-Feb 26, 2023 - January 18, 2023
- Universal Orlando Reveals Mardi Gras 2023 Details Including Live Concert Line-Up - January 17, 2023
- ‘Wicked’ Returns To Orlando’s Dr Phillips Center For Extended Engagement Jan 25–Feb 12, 2023 - January 16, 2023
- The ‘Riverdance’ 25th Anniversary Show Dances into Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center Jan 20-22, 2023 - January 12, 2023
- Walt Disney World News: Opening Date for ‘TRON Lightcycle / Run’, Nighttime Shows Returning, and Updates for Guests and Passholders - January 10, 2023
- Chase Padgett Brings Acclaimed ‘6 Guitars’ Show to Orlando’s Renaissance Theatre Company January 6-29, 2023 - January 4, 2023
- Daytona Boat Show Returns to Daytona International Speedway Jan 13-15, 2023 - January 3, 2023
- ‘Tina – The Tina Turner Musical’ Rocks Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center Jan 10-15, 2023 - January 2, 2023
- Out And About: A New Publix Has Opened at Town Center at O-Town West - January 1, 2023