During the Dec 16 special event, Star Wars: Galactic Nights, Walt Disney World revealed more details on Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge which will open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019.
Walt Disney Imagineers Scott Trowbridge, Robin Reardon and Chris Beatty, along with Doug Chiang from Lucasfilm told a packed audience they were working hard to get the details right.
For instance, they are building a life-sized version of the Millenium Falcon. You’ll be able to have your very own “Chewie, we’re home” moment…sans Chewie and Han, of course.
Just look at the details on this hallway inside the Falcon, which is the star of one of the two rides coming to the 14-acre expansion at the Walt Disney World park:
They’re also building a fleet of full-size X-wing starfighters, perfect for photo ops.
And they’re also working on in-depth storytelling, giving the example of a toy merchandising area modeled after a marketplace on Tatooine, overseen by a Toydarian, one of the creatures fans first encountered in “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.”
Does this make you more excited about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge? I know I can’t wait!
[photos courtesy Walt Disney World]
- Theatre UCF Announces New Pegasus Lab Summer 2018 Productions - April 25, 2018
- Beth McKee and Her Swamp Sistas Launch The La La Summer Hope Virtual Food Drive for 2018 #lalasummer - April 24, 2018
- Thomas D. Jones, PhD and Captain Scott D. Altman Inducted into U. S. Astronaut Hall of Fame® at Kennedy Space Center @ExploreSpaceKSC - April 23, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup April 22, 2018: Krispy Kreme, Susuru, Little Blue Donut Co, and More - April 22, 2018
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Disney’s Animal Kingdom Anniversary Celebration April 22 - April 21, 2018
- Something New is Coming to Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 22 - April 21, 2018
- Mamas of The NICU to Host Brunch for NICU Moms at Ace Cafe Orlando May 6, 2018 - April 20, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Extends Seven Seas Food Festival Through April 29 - April 20, 2018
- Sunset Music Festival Returns to Tampa May 26-27, 2018 For 7th Year With Huge EDM Line-Up #SMF2018 - April 19, 2018
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Hosts Tiffins Talks Dining Events to Celebrate 20th Anniversary - April 18, 2018