During the Dec 16 special event, Star Wars: Galactic Nights, Walt Disney World revealed more details on Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge which will open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in 2019.
Walt Disney Imagineers Scott Trowbridge, Robin Reardon and Chris Beatty, along with Doug Chiang from Lucasfilm told a packed audience they were working hard to get the details right.
For instance, they are building a life-sized version of the Millenium Falcon. You’ll be able to have your very own “Chewie, we’re home” moment…sans Chewie and Han, of course.
Just look at the details on this hallway inside the Falcon, which is the star of one of the two rides coming to the 14-acre expansion at the Walt Disney World park:
They’re also building a fleet of full-size X-wing starfighters, perfect for photo ops.
And they’re also working on in-depth storytelling, giving the example of a toy merchandising area modeled after a marketplace on Tatooine, overseen by a Toydarian, one of the creatures fans first encountered in “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.”
Does this make you more excited about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge? I know I can’t wait!
[photos courtesy Walt Disney World]
- Out and About: Selena Comes to Madame Tussauds Orlando - February 18, 2018
- Walt Disney World Announces Toy Story Land to Open June 30, 2018 - February 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 16, 2018: The Glass Knife, MidiCi, Pammie’s Sammies, and More - February 16, 2018
- Universal Orlando Adds Jason Derulo and Jessie J to 2018 Mardi Gras Headliners - February 15, 2018
- MidiCi Kissimmee Hosts #IHeartMidiCi Charity Pizza Drive During Feb 2018 - February 14, 2018
- 140th Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 16-18 #silverspursrodeo - February 12, 2018
- Breaking: Walt Disney World Raises Ticket, Pass, and Parking Prices Effective Feb 11, 2018 - February 11, 2018
- Monster Energy Supercross comes to Tampa Feb. 24 + Discount Ticket Code - February 11, 2018
- Cirque du Soleil Brings New Show VOLTA to Tampa Feb 14-Mar 18, 2018 - February 10, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 9, 2018: Pizza Ponte, Lucky’s Market, Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, and More - February 9, 2018