The results are in for this year’s Visit Orlando Magical Dining Month sponsored by American Express, and a record amount was raised for local charities.
From Aug. 25 to Oct. 12, guests enjoyed three-course, $35 dinners at a record 118 restaurants across Central Florida., and $1 from each meal was donated Freedom Ride Inc. and BASE Camp Children’s Foundation.
This year far exceeded expectations with a record $208,620 raised for the charities!
“What another fantastic year for our Magical Dining program,” said George Aguel, president and CEO of Visit Orlando. “Along with our valuable partners in the restaurant industry, we’re excited to make this record contribution to our friends at Freedom Ride and BASE Camp.”
Freedom Ride provides therapeutic horseback riding to people of all ages coping with physical, emotional and learning disabilities. The donation from Magical Dining will significantly help in the organization’s goal of building a covered arena for year-round riding in all weather conditions.
BASE Camp works to ease the stress of children and their families suffering from cancer and other life-threatening hematological illnesses. Proceeds from Magical Dining will help fund support programs such as Second Wishes, which provides children with a recurrence of cancer the opportunity to experience another once-in-a-lifetime wish.
Additional information about Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Month, including a list of restaurants that participated, is available at OrlandoMagicalDining.com.
[Photo Caption: (From left to right) Don Engfer, Visit Orlando Board Chair; Marianne Gray, Freedom Ride; Terri Jones, BASE Camp Children’s Cancer Foundation; and Joanne Marsal Vassos, American Express. Image courtesy of Visit Orlando.]
- Florida Strawberry Festival Brings The Yum To Plant City Feb 28-Mar 10, 2019 #BerryFest19 - February 20, 2019
- MegaCon Orlando Brings Star-Studded Fandom Fun May 16-19, 2019 #MegaConOrlando19 - February 19, 2019
- Chef José Andrés to open Jaleo and Pepe Restaurants at #Disney Springs Winter 2019 @ChefJoseAndres - February 18, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces 2019-2020 FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando Season @drphillipsctr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 15, 2019
- Out and About: Cheddar’s Adds New Comfort Food Dishes to the Menu #CheddarsScratchKitchen #csktvtheloop - February 14, 2019
- Pentatonix and Rachel Platten Bring World Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center June 1 #PTXTheWorldTour - February 13, 2019
- Walt #Disney World Offering New Dining Package for Final Months of IllumiNations at Epcot - February 13, 2019
- 142nd Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 15-17, 2019 #SilverSpursRodeo - February 12, 2019
- Free Indie-Folkfest 2019 Returns to the Mennello Museum of American Art Feb 16 @MennelloMuseum - February 11, 2019
- Weekend of the Arts Festival Returns to Winter Park Feb 15-18, 2019 #WPInspires - February 10, 2019