The results are in for this year’s Visit Orlando Magical Dining Month sponsored by American Express, and a record amount was raised for local charities.
From Aug. 25 to Oct. 12, guests enjoyed three-course, $35 dinners at a record 118 restaurants across Central Florida., and $1 from each meal was donated Freedom Ride Inc. and BASE Camp Children’s Foundation.
This year far exceeded expectations with a record $208,620 raised for the charities!
“What another fantastic year for our Magical Dining program,” said George Aguel, president and CEO of Visit Orlando. “Along with our valuable partners in the restaurant industry, we’re excited to make this record contribution to our friends at Freedom Ride and BASE Camp.”
Freedom Ride provides therapeutic horseback riding to people of all ages coping with physical, emotional and learning disabilities. The donation from Magical Dining will significantly help in the organization’s goal of building a covered arena for year-round riding in all weather conditions.
BASE Camp works to ease the stress of children and their families suffering from cancer and other life-threatening hematological illnesses. Proceeds from Magical Dining will help fund support programs such as Second Wishes, which provides children with a recurrence of cancer the opportunity to experience another once-in-a-lifetime wish.
Additional information about Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Month, including a list of restaurants that participated, is available at OrlandoMagicalDining.com.
[Photo Caption: (From left to right) Don Engfer, Visit Orlando Board Chair; Marianne Gray, Freedom Ride; Terri Jones, BASE Camp Children’s Cancer Foundation; and Joanne Marsal Vassos, American Express. Image courtesy of Visit Orlando.]
- Orlando Shakes #Playfest 2019 to Feature Seven New Works .. @OrlandoShakes #OrlandoArts - October 21, 2019
- Win a 4-Pack of Tickets to The Big Bounce America Tour in Kissimmee! .. @TheBigBounceUSA #giveaway - October 17, 2019
- Universal Orlando Offering Two Florida Resident Offers This Fall - October 15, 2019
- The Big Bounce America Tour Comes to Central Florida Oct 19-27, 2019 .. @TheBigBounceUSA - October 14, 2019
- Ocean Prime Orlando Launches New Prix Fixe Theater Menu .. @OceanPrimeCMR - October 13, 2019
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For October 12, 2019: Ocean Prime Orlando, Maple Street Biscuit Company, Holler and Dash, Sonny’s BBQ, and More .. #OrlandoFoodies - October 12, 2019
- IAAPA Celebrates Grand Opening of New Global Headquarters in Orlando .. @IAAPAHQ #IAAPA - October 9, 2019
- 93.3 FLZ Jingle Ball 2019 Rings in Season with #SamSmith, #Lizzo, and More at Tampa’s Amalie Arena Dec 1 .. #FLZJingleBall - October 8, 2019
- Florida Citrus Sports Ends Orlando Citrus Parade After 39 Years - October 7, 2019
- Win Tickets to See Wayne Brady at Dr. Phillips Center Oct 12! .. @DrPhillipsCtr @WayneBrady - October 4, 2019