The results are in for this year’s Visit Orlando Magical Dining Month sponsored by American Express, and a record amount was raised for local charities.
From Aug. 25 to Oct. 12, guests enjoyed three-course, $35 dinners at a record 118 restaurants across Central Florida., and $1 from each meal was donated Freedom Ride Inc. and BASE Camp Children’s Foundation.
This year far exceeded expectations with a record $208,620 raised for the charities!
“What another fantastic year for our Magical Dining program,” said George Aguel, president and CEO of Visit Orlando. “Along with our valuable partners in the restaurant industry, we’re excited to make this record contribution to our friends at Freedom Ride and BASE Camp.”
Freedom Ride provides therapeutic horseback riding to people of all ages coping with physical, emotional and learning disabilities. The donation from Magical Dining will significantly help in the organization’s goal of building a covered arena for year-round riding in all weather conditions.
BASE Camp works to ease the stress of children and their families suffering from cancer and other life-threatening hematological illnesses. Proceeds from Magical Dining will help fund support programs such as Second Wishes, which provides children with a recurrence of cancer the opportunity to experience another once-in-a-lifetime wish.
Additional information about Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Month, including a list of restaurants that participated, is available at OrlandoMagicalDining.com.
[Photo Caption: (From left to right) Don Engfer, Visit Orlando Board Chair; Marianne Gray, Freedom Ride; Terri Jones, BASE Camp Children’s Cancer Foundation; and Joanne Marsal Vassos, American Express. Image courtesy of Visit Orlando.]
- Party for the Planet Returns to Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 20-22, 2019 #EarthDay2019 #PartyforthePlanet - April 17, 2019
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Digital Ticket Lottery for Dear Evan Hansen #YouWillBeFound #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - April 12, 2019
- Five Reasons You Should Attend the 2019 Florida Film Festival #FFF2019 - April 11, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events for April 2019 #OrlandoFoodies ::UPDATED:: - April 7, 2019
- Out and About: CityArts Opens in Historic Roger Kiene Building in Downtown Orlando - March 31, 2019
- Out and About: Tony Roma’s Serves Up Delicious New Classics Menu Through April 28, 2019 @TonyRomas - March 27, 2019
- Orlando Shakes and Michael Andrew Bring to Life the World Premiere of Jack and the Beanstalk April 4 – May 4, 2019 @OrlandoShakes - March 25, 2019
- Walt Disney World Announces A New Pavilion and More Coming to #Epcot - March 24, 2019
- Fun Spot America Announces New Interactive Water Experience Coming to Orlando Park this Summer @FunSpotAmerica - March 20, 2019
- Baby Giraffe Born at #Disney’s Animal Kingdom Reintroduced to Park’s Savanna - March 17, 2019