The results are in for this year’s Visit Orlando Magical Dining Month sponsored by American Express, and a record amount was raised for local charities.
From Aug. 25 to Oct. 12, guests enjoyed three-course, $35 dinners at a record 118 restaurants across Central Florida., and $1 from each meal was donated Freedom Ride Inc. and BASE Camp Children’s Foundation.
This year far exceeded expectations with a record $208,620 raised for the charities!
“What another fantastic year for our Magical Dining program,” said George Aguel, president and CEO of Visit Orlando. “Along with our valuable partners in the restaurant industry, we’re excited to make this record contribution to our friends at Freedom Ride and BASE Camp.”
Freedom Ride provides therapeutic horseback riding to people of all ages coping with physical, emotional and learning disabilities. The donation from Magical Dining will significantly help in the organization’s goal of building a covered arena for year-round riding in all weather conditions.
BASE Camp works to ease the stress of children and their families suffering from cancer and other life-threatening hematological illnesses. Proceeds from Magical Dining will help fund support programs such as Second Wishes, which provides children with a recurrence of cancer the opportunity to experience another once-in-a-lifetime wish.
Additional information about Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Month, including a list of restaurants that participated, is available at OrlandoMagicalDining.com.
[Photo Caption: (From left to right) Don Engfer, Visit Orlando Board Chair; Marianne Gray, Freedom Ride; Terri Jones, BASE Camp Children’s Cancer Foundation; and Joanne Marsal Vassos, American Express. Image courtesy of Visit Orlando.]
- Walt Disney World Raises Prices for Annual Passes Ahead of ‘Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge’ Opening - June 18, 2019
- Iration to Bring ‘Live From Paradise!’ Tour to Central Florida for Two Shows July 2019 @Iration - June 17, 2019
- Out and About: ‘Toy Story Drop!’ Summer Pop-Up Experience Opens at #Disney Springs - June 16, 2019
- Pointe Orlando Announces Upcoming ‘Tranformative Redevelopment’ @PointeOrlando - June 15, 2019
- Disney Springs Offers ‘Flavors of Florida’ Promotion This Summer @DisneySprings #DisneyDining - June 14, 2019
- Sonny’s BBQ Launches Limited Time Smoke & Fire Menu for Summer @SonnysBBQ - June 11, 2019
- The Fortress at Full Sail University Hosts NBA 2K League Presents THE TICKET June 13-15 @NBA2KLeague @FullSail - June 10, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2019 #FathersDay - June 9, 2019
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Appoints Interim Executive Director @OrlandoPhilOrch - June 8, 2019
- 2019 Pulse Memorials And Events in Central Florida #OrlandoUnitedDay #ActLoveGive - June 7, 2019