Due to a vocal cord injury, Shakira has announced she is postponing her U.S. leg of 2018 dates, including the January 9 concert at the Amway Center in Orlando.
The good news is the date has already been rescheduled to August 14, 2018. Tickets will be valid for the new date or can be refunded at point of purchase.
Shakira had announced in November that her doctors determined she suffered a hemorrhage in her right vocal cord. Her doctors have determined that she needs to spend the next few months working towards recovery in order for her vocal cords to be in optimal condition for touring
“Though I very much hoped my vocal cords would recover in time to pick the tour back up in January, and after exploring many options to that effect, I have accepted that this is an injury that simply needs more time and care to heal,” Shakira explained in a message posted to her social media accounts.
Her other Florida concerts on the El Dorado Tour have been postponed, as well. Sunrise will now be August 15, and her two Miami shows on August 17 and 18, 2018.
— Shakira (@shakira) December 27, 2017
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Wallflowers Oct 26 @HRHUniversalORL @TheWallflowers - October 16, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces New Annual Pass Program - October 15, 2018
- Wild Florida Hosts Sloth Week with Free Admission Oct 15-20 @WildFlorida - October 14, 2018
- Out and About: Sonny’s BBQ Celebrates National Pulled Pork Day 2018 with New Limited Menu Items - October 12, 2018
- Orlando International Airport Has Raised Parking Prices - October 11, 2018
- Annual Pink Off Park Celebration Returns October 19 in Winter Park - October 8, 2018
- Come Out With Pride 2018 Celebrates Orlando’s LGBTQ+ Community Oct 8-14 #KeepDancingOrlando @OrlandoPride - October 7, 2018
- Celebrate #NationalTacoDay 2018 on October 4 With These Orlando-Area Restaurants - October 4, 2018
- Infinity Falls to Open at SeaWorld Orlando October 4, 2018 - October 3, 2018
- Central Florida Foodie Events For October 2018 - October 1, 2018