Due to a vocal cord injury, Shakira has announced she is postponing her U.S. leg of 2018 dates, including the January 9 concert at the Amway Center in Orlando.
The good news is the date has already been rescheduled to August 14, 2018. Tickets will be valid for the new date or can be refunded at point of purchase.
Shakira had announced in November that her doctors determined she suffered a hemorrhage in her right vocal cord. Her doctors have determined that she needs to spend the next few months working towards recovery in order for her vocal cords to be in optimal condition for touring
“Though I very much hoped my vocal cords would recover in time to pick the tour back up in January, and after exploring many options to that effect, I have accepted that this is an injury that simply needs more time and care to heal,” Shakira explained in a message posted to her social media accounts.
Her other Florida concerts on the El Dorado Tour have been postponed, as well. Sunrise will now be August 15, and her two Miami shows on August 17 and 18, 2018.
— Shakira (@shakira) December 27, 2017
- Sonny’s BBQ Smokin’ Showdown Comes to Orlando March 3 + Win Tickets! #sonnysbbq - February 19, 2018
- Out and About: Selena Comes to Madame Tussauds Orlando - February 18, 2018
- Walt Disney World Announces Toy Story Land to Open June 30, 2018 - February 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 16, 2018: The Glass Knife, MidiCi, Pammie’s Sammies, and More - February 16, 2018
- Universal Orlando Adds Jason Derulo and Jessie J to 2018 Mardi Gras Headliners - February 15, 2018
- MidiCi Kissimmee Hosts #IHeartMidiCi Charity Pizza Drive During Feb 2018 - February 14, 2018
- 140th Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 16-18 #silverspursrodeo - February 12, 2018
- Breaking: Walt Disney World Raises Ticket, Pass, and Parking Prices Effective Feb 11, 2018 - February 11, 2018
- Monster Energy Supercross comes to Tampa Feb. 24 + Discount Ticket Code - February 11, 2018
- Cirque du Soleil Brings New Show VOLTA to Tampa Feb 14-Mar 18, 2018 - February 10, 2018