Due to a vocal cord injury, Shakira has announced she is postponing her U.S. leg of 2018 dates, including the January 9 concert at the Amway Center in Orlando.
The good news is the date has already been rescheduled to August 14, 2018. Tickets will be valid for the new date or can be refunded at point of purchase.
Shakira had announced in November that her doctors determined she suffered a hemorrhage in her right vocal cord. Her doctors have determined that she needs to spend the next few months working towards recovery in order for her vocal cords to be in optimal condition for touring
“Though I very much hoped my vocal cords would recover in time to pick the tour back up in January, and after exploring many options to that effect, I have accepted that this is an injury that simply needs more time and care to heal,” Shakira explained in a message posted to her social media accounts.
Her other Florida concerts on the El Dorado Tour have been postponed, as well. Sunrise will now be August 15, and her two Miami shows on August 17 and 18, 2018.
— Shakira (@shakira) December 27, 2017
- Orlando Shakes Hosts 30th Anniversary Season Gala Sept 16, 2018 @OrlandoShakes - July 16, 2018
- Frightened Rabbit Tribute Show at Will’s Pub July 19 to Benefit TWLOHA - July 15, 2018
- Universal Orlando Announces Chucky and Killer Klowns Scare Zones for Halloween Horror Nights 28 #HHN28 - July 13, 2018
- Ellipsis Brewing Marks Six-Month Anniversary with 5 Special Release Brews - July 12, 2018
- Walt Disney World Introduces its Newest Annual Pass and a Summer Pass Add-on - July 11, 2018
- First Narrators Announced for 2018 Candlelight Processional at Epcot - July 11, 2018
- Orlando Story Club Presents ‘What A Mess!’ at The Abbey July 18, 2018 - July 10, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Offers Free Day of Dining with Annual Pass Purchase - July 9, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup July 7, 2018: 33 & Melt, 4 Rivers Smokehouse, Paddlefish, and More - July 7, 2018
- Spooky Empire to Mark 25th Anniversary of Hocus Pocus with Guest Kathy Najimy - July 6, 2018