Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando currently has an iconic Marilyn Monroe dress on display and will host a look-alike contest to celebrate on December 9, 2017.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! purchased the gown Marilyn Monroe wore to serenade President John F Kennedy at his birthday celebration in 1962 – they paid $4.8 million – the most anyone has for a dress being sold at auction.
On December 9, the Marilyn Monroe look-alike contest will start at 6pm with a $500 cash prize. If you’re interested in participating. visit ripleys.com/orlando for the entry form.
Following the contest, stay for a showing of Monroe’s classic film, “Some Like It Hot,” at 8pm.
The dress is on display at the Orlando Odditorium for a limited run through the holidays.
Admission to Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando is $16.99 for adults and $11.99 for kids age 3-11.
[Image courtesy Ripley’s Believe It or Not!]
- Win Easter Lunch at First-Ever Unlimited Izakaya Lunch at Dragonfly Robata Grill and Sushi @DflyOrlando - March 23, 2018
- House of Blues Orlando Presents AWOLNATION May 24, 2018 - March 22, 2018
- LEGOLAND Florida to Open Funnel Cake Factory Spring 2018 - March 21, 2018
- Orlando Science Center Hosts Top Secret Weekend March 24-25, 2018 #orlandosciencecenter - March 20, 2018
- Meet the Local Actresses appearing in Waitress at Dr. Phillips Center March 20-25, 2018 - March 19, 2018
- The Great LEGO Race Opens March 23 at LEGOLAND Florida - March 18, 2018
- Winn-Dixie Announces Plans to Close Some Central Florida Stores Following Bankruptcy Filing - March 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 16, 2018: Urbain 40, Hunger Street Tacos, Morthan Cheese, and More - March 16, 2018
- Walt Disney World to Start Charging Resort Guests Overnight Parking Fees - March 15, 2018
- Yelp Restaurant Week Runs March 18-24 in Orlando #yelporlando - March 14, 2018