Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando currently has an iconic Marilyn Monroe dress on display and will host a look-alike contest to celebrate on December 9, 2017.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! purchased the gown Marilyn Monroe wore to serenade President John F Kennedy at his birthday celebration in 1962 – they paid $4.8 million – the most anyone has for a dress being sold at auction.
On December 9, the Marilyn Monroe look-alike contest will start at 6pm with a $500 cash prize. If you’re interested in participating. visit ripleys.com/orlando for the entry form.
Following the contest, stay for a showing of Monroe’s classic film, “Some Like It Hot,” at 8pm.
The dress is on display at the Orlando Odditorium for a limited run through the holidays.
Admission to Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando is $16.99 for adults and $11.99 for kids age 3-11.
[Image courtesy Ripley’s Believe It or Not!]
- Disney On Ice presents Mickey’s Search Party at Amway Center Sept 7-9 + Ticket Giveaway! - August 15, 2018
- Hyundai Hope On Wheels Presents Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children With $100,000 Award to Support Pediatric Cancer Research - August 14, 2018
- iHeart Radio Hosts Free Monster Jam® Triple Threat “Feast with the Beast” Zombie Bash at Ace Cafe Orlando Aug 17 - August 12, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup August 11, 2018: Tijuana Flats, Highball & Harvest, Foxtail Coffee, and More - August 11, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Hosts Thrill Fest Ride Night Aug 17 @seaworld - August 9, 2018
- Geek Out at Orlando Science Center’s ‘Science Night Live’ August 18 - August 8, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Fixx Aug 23, 2018 - August 6, 2018
- Westgate Resorts Opens All-Suite Cocoa Beach Resort - August 5, 2018
- Writer’s Block Bookstore and Quantum Leap Winery Present Author Sandra Brown Aug 9 - August 3, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Offers Summer Deal on Howl-O-Scream 2018 Tickets #NowhereToHide @BuschGardens - August 2, 2018