Pucker up! Gaylord Palms Resort broke the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title for “Most couples kissing under mistletoe (single location)” on December 7, 2017.
Under the watchful eyes of GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS adjudicator Michael Empric, 448 couples were asked to lock lips for a solid 10 seconds under individual fresh sprigs of mistletoe in order to claim the title. This number successfully broke the title, more than doubling the previous record of 215 couples.
Before the epic smooch, the crowd was entertained by sweet sounds of Christmas music, performed live by some of Central Florida’s most talented vocalists. In addition, guests were encouraged to snap photos and share a hug with a big, friendly Mentos Pure Fresh Gum Wallet Pack Mascot.
“These couples helped to make history during this unforgettable attempt at the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title for Most couples kissing under mistletoe at Gaylord Palms Resort,” said Empric. “Congratulations and welcome to the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS family!”
Local floral designer Greenery Productions supplied the 448 springs of real mistletoe required to make the GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title attempt successful.
The Kiss-Story event was planned as part of the annual Christmas at Gaylord Palms hosted by the resort during the holidays.
From its signature nine-degree ICE! attraction to indoor snow tubing lanes, live shows, concerts and holiday dining, Christmas at Gaylord Palms is chock full of endless entertainment. You can read our recap of our visit during this year’s media preview.
Christmas at Gaylord Palms runs through January 7, 2018. Discover more at ChristmasAtGaylordPalms.com.
[Photos courtesy Gaylord Palms Resort]
- 2018 Atlanta Braves Spring Training Comes to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex - February 24, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 23, 2018: Pig Floyd’s, Pizza Bruno, Be Our Guest, and More - February 23, 2018
- February 22 is National Margarita Day – Where to Celebrate in the Orlando Area - February 22, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Announces Concert Line-Up For 2018 Food & Wine Fest Starting March 3 - February 21, 2018
- 10th Annual Downtown Food & Wine Fest Returns to Lake Eola Park in Orlando Feb 24-25, 2018 - February 20, 2018
- Sonny’s BBQ Smokin’ Showdown Comes to Orlando March 3 + Win Tickets! #sonnysbbq - February 19, 2018
- Out and About: Selena Comes to Madame Tussauds Orlando - February 18, 2018
- Walt Disney World Announces Toy Story Land to Open June 30, 2018 - February 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 16, 2018: The Glass Knife, MidiCi, Pammie’s Sammies, and More - February 16, 2018
- Universal Orlando Adds Jason Derulo and Jessie J to 2018 Mardi Gras Headliners - February 15, 2018