On Saturday, December 9, Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando hosted a Marilyn Monroe Look-Alike Contest, in conjunction with a special Monroe exhibit, and they’ve announced the winner.
Nine contestants felt they had what it took to look like Marilyn, walk like Marilyn, talk like Marilyn and sing like Marilyn.
But in the end, Bebe Caliberr was picked as most Marilyn-like. She walked away with $500 cash, lifetime passes to Ripley Entertainment attractions, $100 worth of Ripley’s merchandise and a two-night stay in Clearwater Beach.
First runner-up, Emily Gorsuch, won $100 cash and a two-night stay in Daytona Beach. Danielle DeVille was the second runner-up, winning $50 cash plus a Ripley’s merchandise basket.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! hosted the contest to correspond with the special Marilyn Monroe exhibit, which showcases the rhinestone-encrusted gown she wore to serenade President John F. Kennedy at his birthday celebration in 1962.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not! set a new Guinness World Record for the most expensive dress sold at auction when they acquired the dress from Julien’s Auctions for a staggering $4.8 million.
There is still time to visit the Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando Odditorium to see the iconic Marilyn Monroe dress. It will be on display at the attraction until the beginning of January, and the exhibit is included with regular admission..
Ripley’s is located at 8201 International Drive. Hours are 9am until midnight every day. Admission to Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando is $19.99 for adults and $13.99 for kids age 3-11.
But Ripley’s Florida attractions, including Orlando, are offering half price tickets for Florida residents now through December 20. Residents will need to show a local photo ID in order to receive the discount. All adults in the party will need to have proof of residency in order to receive the discount.
For more information visit: ripleys.com/orlando.
[Photo courtesy Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Orlando]
- Winn-Dixie Announces Plans to Close Some Central Florida Stores Following Bankruptcy Filing - March 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 16, 2018: Urbain 40, Hunger Street Tacos, Morthan Cheese, and More - March 16, 2018
- Walt Disney World to Start Charging Resort Guests Overnight Parking Fees - March 15, 2018
- Yelp Restaurant Week Runs March 18-24 in Orlando #yelporlando - March 14, 2018
- Music Icon Richard Marx to Rock Plaza Live Orlando on March 18, 2018 - March 13, 2018
- JAY-Z And Beyoncé to Bring On The Run II Tour to Orlando’s Camping World Stadium Aug 29, 2018 - March 12, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s 2018 Picks For Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day - March 11, 2018
- 59th Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival Returns March 16-18, 2018 - March 10, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 9, 2018: Spoleto, Seasons52, J-Petal Orlando, and More - March 9, 2018
- The Florida Mall to Host Easter Caring Bunny Day for Kids with Sensory Sensitivity March 11, 2018 - March 8, 2018