Healthy eating on the east side of Orlando just got easier as Fresh Kitchen opens in Waterford Lakes Town Center this weekend.
Fresh Kitchen offers a streamlined menu of gluten-free items offered in a customizable bowl format. Dairy-free and even vegan combinations are possible.
Diners choose from Six bowl (two bases, two proteins, and two vegetables along with a sauce for $9.99); Four bowl (two bases with one protein, vegetable and sauce for $8.29); and a Kids bowl (one base, protein, vegetable and sauce for $6.99).
For my Six bowl, I chose coconut ginger rice and perfect spice rice as my bases. For the proteins, I chose the baked almond chicken and the chia seed teriyaki tofu (but I kept picking the herb-grilled steak off my friend’s bowl). Finally for the veggies, I chose the parmesean broccoli and the buffalo cauliflower, and I added on a scoop of their bean & corn salsa for an additional 50 cents.
Sauces are served in a container on the side, so you can add as little or much as you like. My favorites are the cucumber jalapeno and the creamy white ginger, but my bowl ingredients had so much flavor, I needed very little sauce.
The drink options are healthy too, ranging from teas and juices to cow-free milk options and fountain soda with real sugar instead of HFCS. For my meal, I chose the Cucumber Lemon Ginger Fresca (Cucumber, lemon, ginger fresca, lightly sweetened with sugar in the raw) and it was so refreshing with my bowl choices.
I really enjoyed the food. Everything I tasted had a good flavor, but not too strong, and I liked that I could customize it to my tastes. Two thumbs up and a happy tummy for Fresh Kitchen!
The Tampa-based brand started in 2014 and this marks its first Orlando area location, but they’re already planning for more. Another location will open in SoDo sometime in 2018.
Fresh Kitchen is located at the Waterford Lakes Town Center (near Best Buy). Visit them online at eatfreshkitchen.com and tag your bowl photos with #giveafk.
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts The Wallflowers Oct 26 @HRHUniversalORL @TheWallflowers - October 16, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces New Annual Pass Program - October 15, 2018
- Wild Florida Hosts Sloth Week with Free Admission Oct 15-20 @WildFlorida - October 14, 2018
- Out and About: Sonny’s BBQ Celebrates National Pulled Pork Day 2018 with New Limited Menu Items - October 12, 2018
- Orlando International Airport Has Raised Parking Prices - October 11, 2018
- Annual Pink Off Park Celebration Returns October 19 in Winter Park - October 8, 2018
- Come Out With Pride 2018 Celebrates Orlando’s LGBTQ+ Community Oct 8-14 #KeepDancingOrlando @OrlandoPride - October 7, 2018
- Celebrate #NationalTacoDay 2018 on October 4 With These Orlando-Area Restaurants - October 4, 2018
- Infinity Falls to Open at SeaWorld Orlando October 4, 2018 - October 3, 2018
- Central Florida Foodie Events For October 2018 - October 1, 2018