Healthy eating on the east side of Orlando just got easier as Fresh Kitchen opens in Waterford Lakes Town Center this weekend.
Fresh Kitchen offers a streamlined menu of gluten-free items offered in a customizable bowl format. Dairy-free and even vegan combinations are possible.
Diners choose from Six bowl (two bases, two proteins, and two vegetables along with a sauce for $9.99); Four bowl (two bases with one protein, vegetable and sauce for $8.29); and a Kids bowl (one base, protein, vegetable and sauce for $6.99).
For my Six bowl, I chose coconut ginger rice and perfect spice rice as my bases. For the proteins, I chose the baked almond chicken and the chia seed teriyaki tofu (but I kept picking the herb-grilled steak off my friend’s bowl). Finally for the veggies, I chose the parmesean broccoli and the buffalo cauliflower, and I added on a scoop of their bean & corn salsa for an additional 50 cents.
Sauces are served in a container on the side, so you can add as little or much as you like. My favorites are the cucumber jalapeno and the creamy white ginger, but my bowl ingredients had so much flavor, I needed very little sauce.
The drink options are healthy too, ranging from teas and juices to cow-free milk options and fountain soda with real sugar instead of HFCS. For my meal, I chose the Cucumber Lemon Ginger Fresca (Cucumber, lemon, ginger fresca, lightly sweetened with sugar in the raw) and it was so refreshing with my bowl choices.
I really enjoyed the food. Everything I tasted had a good flavor, but not too strong, and I liked that I could customize it to my tastes. Two thumbs up and a happy tummy for Fresh Kitchen!
The Tampa-based brand started in 2014 and this marks its first Orlando area location, but they’re already planning for more. Another location will open in SoDo sometime in 2018.
Fresh Kitchen is located at the Waterford Lakes Town Center (near Best Buy). Visit them online at eatfreshkitchen.com and tag your bowl photos with #giveafk.
- Electric Ocean Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Memorial Day Weekend - May 23, 2018
- Orlando Officially Named Host City For 2022 Special Olympics USA Games - May 21, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup May 19, 2018: Taste Central Florida, Habit Burger, Hopdoddy Burger Bar, and More - May 19, 2018
- IAAPA Breaks Ground on New International Headquarters in Orlando - May 18, 2018
- MEGACON Orlando to give First Look at New Madame Tussauds’ Justice League Exhibit - May 16, 2018
- Headliners Announced for Rock the Universe 2018 at Universal Orlando - May 14, 2018
- Out and About: Orlando Welcomes 72 Million Visitors in 2017 #VisitOrlando - May 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating Mother’s Day 2018 - May 10, 2018
- Schedule Announced for Sunset Music Festival in Tampa May 26-27, 2018 #SMF2018 - May 9, 2018
- Reading is Magical with Disney on Ice and the Orlando Public Library on May 10, 2018 - May 8, 2018