This month, The Americas Cake Fair returns to Orlando at the Orange County Convention Center, the weekend of Oct 13-15, 2017, and we have tickets to give away!
This event is the largest trade and consumer show in North and South America dedicated to cake, chocolate, sugar arts and more.
More than 10,000 baking professionals, industry buyers, pastry chefs, cakeartists, retail bakers, hobbyists and everyday foodies from around the world are expected to attend the three-day celebration, which held its inaugural show in 2015.
Local celebrity chef Emily Ellyn, best known as the Retro Rad Chef from Food Network, hosts the main stage lineup of events and special guests, including:
- Buddy Valastro, star of the hit TLC show Cake Boss
- Mich Turner, whose clientele includes The Queen of England, Madonna and David Beckham
- Pastry genius Ron Ben-Israel, named “the Manolo Blahnik of wedding cakes” by The New York Times
- Nancy Fuller, host of Food Network’s Farmhouse Rules
- Natalie and Dave Sideserf, the husband-wife hosts of Food Network’s Texas Cake House.
- Demonstrations by cake designers Erin Gardner (Erin Bakes), Paul Bradford, Shawna McGreevy, Avalon Yarnesand Edwald Notter
- Presentations by sponsor Domino Sugar
- Award ceremonies for live challenges and cake competitions
Other Cake Fair events of note include:
The Sugar Art Fashion Show on Friday evening, October 13, with models strutting the runway adorned by cake costumes and edible ensembles, co-hosted by Ellynand Fashion Stylist / On-Air Style Expert Melanie Pace, and benefitting Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida
An exclusive VIP Meet & Greet on Saturday, October 14, where guests can meet and mingle with their favorite television personalities, headliners and cake artists.
Live Global Cake and Chocolate Challenges, where international teams and individuals will battle for top honors
Traditional cake competitions offering cash prizes for contestants across all skill levels
Themed “zones” sprinkled around the show floor, including a Kids Zone for a yummy interactive experience for budding cake artists; and The ACD Magazine Cake Zone sponsored by American Cake Decorating Magazine for a delectable introduction to fondant and other skills
More than 100 hands-on classes, demonstrations and business seminars taught by the world’s most skilled cake decorators and industry professionals. From the art of airbrushing to mastering chocolate modeling, all classes and demonstrations will provide instruction on the latest techniques. All classes are three hours in duration, and must be booked in advance online.
A VIP Celebrity Meet-and-Greet reception featuring cocktails and light bites on October 14. Attendence is limited, so there will be plenty of opportunities to meet your favorite chefs.
An exhibit hall with vendors offering products, services, and more for both the professional and the home baker.
Whether you’re a professional looking to freshen up your skills and check out the latest industry tools or a beginner just starting out, this weekend is for you.
Cake Fair is hosted by Satin Ice, which is made by Satin Fine Foods, Inc., an industry-leading manufacturer distributing its premium range of cake decorating products to more than 60 countries worldwide. Partners and sponsors of The Americas Cake Fair include American Cake Decorating; Ateco; Cake Masters; Dawn; DecoPac; Domino Sugar; Guittard Chocolate Company; Pillsbury; Retail Bakers of America; and Sterling Bank.
Tickets to experience all this start from $30 for regular, single-day adult admission with advance online purchase.
Tickets to the Sugar Fashion Show and VIP Celebrity Meet-and-Greet are $125 per person for each event.
All 3-hour classes are $150 each. All 2-hour demonstrations are $50, and 1-hour demonstrations are $25.
To purchase tickets/passes or get more information, visit cakefair.com
Thanks to The Americas Cake Fair, we a pair of weekeend passes to giveaway to one lucky winner! That means you and a guest could enjoy the entire weekend for free! These passes are good for admission only, and do not cover special ticket events or paid classes/demos.
Simply use the Rafflecopter form below to enter. You can even earn extra entries by doing things like tweeting about this giveaway.
Deadline to enter is 4pm (ET) on Sunday, October 8, 2017. Winners will be drawn at random from all valid entries during the contest duration, and notified via email.
Winners will have 24 hours to respond to the winner notification email or an alternate winner will be picked. So make sure you use a valid email that you check regularly!
Good luck and happy entering!
Disclaimer: As a Digital Ambassador for The Americas Cake Fair, CSO received tickets for this giveaway, as well as review tickets for the show in exchange for promotion of the event. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.
- Chef Gary Appelsies Launches Free Central Florida YMCA Summer Food Tour - June 18, 2018
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando Debuts New ‘Jurassic World’ Kids’ Suites - June 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup June 16, 2018: Cask & Larder, Pizza Bruno, Pharmacy, Paddlefish, and More - June 16, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts Ron Pope June 29, 2018 - June 15, 2018
- SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. Removes All Single-Use Plastic Shopping Bags and Plastic Straws from its 12 Theme Parks - June 14, 2018
- Nicki Minaj And Future bring their ‘NickiHndrxx’ Tour to Amway Center Oct 20, 2018 - June 13, 2018
- Orlando Science Center Celebrates Superhero Week June 14-17, 2018 - June 12, 2018
- Coke Zero Sugar 400 Weekend Roars Into Daytona International Speedway July 5-7, 2018 @DISupdates - June 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2018 *UPDATED* - June 10, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup June 9, 2018: Homecoming, Kadance, King Bao, and More - June 9, 2018