One of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s finest works, the Broadway revival of The King & I comes to the Dr. Phillips Center in Orlando September 12-17, 2017.
Set in 1860’s Bangkok, the musical tells the story of the unconventional and tempestuous relationship that develops between the King of Siam and Anna Leonowens, a British schoolteacher whom the modernist King, in an imperialistic world, brings to Siam to teach his many wives and children.
Winner of four 2015 Tony Awards®, including Best Revival of a Musical, The King & I features such beloved musical classics as “Getting To Know You,” “I Whistle a Happy Tune,” “Hello Young Lovers,” “Shall We Dance” and “Something Wonderful.”
Learn more about this production at thekinganditour.com.
Tickets to The King and I start at $34.25, and are available at DrPhillipsCenter.org, or at the venue box office.
Shows are at 8pm Tues through Friday, at 2pm and 8pm on Saturday, and 1pm and 6:30pm on Sunday.
A TASTE OF THE KING AND I
Here is a promo video to get you in the mood for the show:
[Photo by Matt Murphy; courtesy The King and I touring company]
- Electric Ocean Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Memorial Day Weekend - May 23, 2018
- Orlando Officially Named Host City For 2022 Special Olympics USA Games - May 21, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup May 19, 2018: Taste Central Florida, Habit Burger, Hopdoddy Burger Bar, and More - May 19, 2018
- IAAPA Breaks Ground on New International Headquarters in Orlando - May 18, 2018
- MEGACON Orlando to give First Look at New Madame Tussauds’ Justice League Exhibit - May 16, 2018
- Headliners Announced for Rock the Universe 2018 at Universal Orlando - May 14, 2018
- Out and About: Orlando Welcomes 72 Million Visitors in 2017 #VisitOrlando - May 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating Mother’s Day 2018 - May 10, 2018
- Schedule Announced for Sunset Music Festival in Tampa May 26-27, 2018 #SMF2018 - May 9, 2018
- Reading is Magical with Disney on Ice and the Orlando Public Library on May 10, 2018 - May 8, 2018