One of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s finest works, the Broadway revival of The King & I comes to the Dr. Phillips Center in Orlando September 12-17, 2017.
Set in 1860’s Bangkok, the musical tells the story of the unconventional and tempestuous relationship that develops between the King of Siam and Anna Leonowens, a British schoolteacher whom the modernist King, in an imperialistic world, brings to Siam to teach his many wives and children.
Winner of four 2015 Tony Awards®, including Best Revival of a Musical, The King & I features such beloved musical classics as “Getting To Know You,” “I Whistle a Happy Tune,” “Hello Young Lovers,” “Shall We Dance” and “Something Wonderful.”
Learn more about this production at thekinganditour.com.
Tickets to The King and I start at $34.25, and are available at DrPhillipsCenter.org, or at the venue box office.
Shows are at 8pm Tues through Friday, at 2pm and 8pm on Saturday, and 1pm and 6:30pm on Sunday.
A TASTE OF THE KING AND I
Here is a promo video to get you in the mood for the show:
[Photo by Matt Murphy; courtesy The King and I touring company]
- The 2018 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Food and Drink Menus - February 25, 2018
- 2018 Atlanta Braves Spring Training Comes to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex - February 24, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 23, 2018: Pig Floyd’s, Pizza Bruno, Be Our Guest, and More - February 23, 2018
- February 22 is National Margarita Day – Where to Celebrate in the Orlando Area - February 22, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Announces Concert Line-Up For 2018 Food & Wine Fest Starting March 3 - February 21, 2018
- 10th Annual Downtown Food & Wine Fest Returns to Lake Eola Park in Orlando Feb 24-25, 2018 - February 20, 2018
- Sonny’s BBQ Smokin’ Showdown Comes to Orlando March 3 + Win Tickets! #sonnysbbq - February 19, 2018
- Out and About: Selena Comes to Madame Tussauds Orlando - February 18, 2018
- Walt Disney World Announces Toy Story Land to Open June 30, 2018 - February 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 16, 2018: The Glass Knife, MidiCi, Pammie’s Sammies, and More - February 16, 2018