Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse is partnering with leading beverage companies to produce a series of events called the TasteMaker Dinners, and I was recently invited to enjoy an evening filled with great food paired with Johnnie Walker Whisky.
Whisky and steak seems a no-brainer, but the chefs at the Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse elevated the meal with some out of the box dishes.
Our first course was Stuffed Shrimp Scampi and Lasagna Roulade paired with a drink called the Scottish Standard made with Johnnie Walker Black, Cointreau, Cardamom, and Prosecco. What a way to start the night, right?
Second course was a delicious Balsamic Roasted Pear Salad paired with more Johnnie Walker Black served neat. It was bright and fresh with a hint of sweetness.
Now third course is where the chefs blew my mind. They paired a Red Lentil & Cauliflower Soup with the Tiki Scotsman, a cocktail that invoked memories of a Hurricane featuring Fassionola syrup, fresh squeezed lime juice, mint, and nutmeg.
I would’ve gladly enjoyed that pairing all night. The Indian spices of the soup were enhanced by the slightly sweet whisky drink.
The main course of the evening was steak and whiskey…Petite Filet Mignon Oscar accompanied by Lyonnaise potatoes, roasted asparagus and mushrooms, paired with Johnnie Walker’s newest brand, Platinum, served neat.
Platinum is an 18yr old blended Scotch Whisky, and was a perfect sipping companion to the steak.
The dinner wrapped up with Tiramisu paired with Johnnie Walker Blue neat. To be honest, as much as I love tiramisu, I was a little underwhelmed with the dish. The ladyfingers weren’t soaked long enough in the espresso so they were partially crispy which made the texture of the dish a little off.
But overall, I thought this TasteMaker Dinner was an amazing evening of great food and a nice sampling of Johnnie Walker whiskys. I thank Ruth’s Chris for inviting me to experience their dinner series!
FUTURE TASTEMAKER DINNERS
Good news for you readers…there are three more TasteMaker Dinners on the schedule that you can attend:
CHATEAU MONTELENA WINERY will offer a 5-course pairings with dishes such as Portuguese White Bean & Chorizo Stew, and Petite Filet Mignon Cipollini Ragout. It will take place June 15 at the Orlando and Lake Mary locations, and June 16 in Winter Park. Cost is $105pp.
MOET HENNESY USA will offer a 5-course champagne pairing. Menu and pricing hasn’t been released, but it will take place on August 17.
MARCHESI ANTINORI WINERY will offer a 5-course wine pairing. Menu and pricing hasn’t been released, but it will take place on October 15
For more information, or to make reservations, visit ruthschris.com.
Disclaimer: We were hosted media guests for purposes of review. As always, my opinions are honest and my own.
- Walt Disney World To Cut Theme Park Hours Starting in September .. #WaltDisneyWorld - August 11, 2020
- Enchanted Fairy Doors Returns to Harry P. Leu Gardens … #LeuGardens #FairyDoors - August 10, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For August 7, 2020: Pig Floyd’s, Framework Craft Coffee Bar, The New Standard, Paddlefish, Eola General, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - August 7, 2020
- The 2020 Florida Film Festival Goes Virtual August 8-20 .. #FFF2020 - August 6, 2020
- Country Thunder Florida Cancels 2020 Festival and Announces 2021 Dates .. #CountryThunder #musicfestivals #Kissimmee - August 5, 2020
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020