This week, Visit Orlando celebrated National Travel and Tourism Week by announcing a record number of visitors to the city, and by setting a Guinness World Records™ title.
The organization, which promotes tourism in the Orlando area, announced a record 68 million travelers visited our area last year.
Visit Orlando unveiled its new milestone visitation number by setting the Guinness World Records title “Most greetings cards collected in 24 hours” during a gathering of more than 900 members of the tourism community.
As a way to say thank you to Orlando visitors in 2016, the Orlando tourism community came together to handwrite 3,144 thank you cards for #OrlandosBIGThankYou.
This new campaign will run through the remainder of the year to thank millions of guests for their support through hand-written cards, Visit Orlando’s social media channels, marketing communications, destination websites and member programs.
“Orlando and Orange County continue to be the number one vacation destination in the nation,” said Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs. “But this wouldn’t be possible without the many millions of guests who choose to come here year after year for our world renowned attractions and entertainment options. However, what truly makes their experience here better than any other community is our culture of hospitality combined with our front-line hospitality workers and welcoming residents.”
I can’t wait to see what records the Orlando area sets for 2017! Thank you to all who help make this city a destination worth visiting!
[Photo: Visit Orlando]
- Party for the Planet Returns to Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 20-22, 2019 #EarthDay2019 #PartyforthePlanet - April 17, 2019
- Dr Phillips Center Announces Digital Ticket Lottery for Dear Evan Hansen #YouWillBeFound #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - April 12, 2019
- Five Reasons You Should Attend the 2019 Florida Film Festival #FFF2019 - April 11, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events for April 2019 #OrlandoFoodies ::UPDATED:: - April 7, 2019
- Out and About: CityArts Opens in Historic Roger Kiene Building in Downtown Orlando - March 31, 2019
- Out and About: Tony Roma’s Serves Up Delicious New Classics Menu Through April 28, 2019 @TonyRomas - March 27, 2019
- Orlando Shakes and Michael Andrew Bring to Life the World Premiere of Jack and the Beanstalk April 4 – May 4, 2019 @OrlandoShakes - March 25, 2019
- Walt Disney World Announces A New Pavilion and More Coming to #Epcot - March 24, 2019
- Fun Spot America Announces New Interactive Water Experience Coming to Orlando Park this Summer @FunSpotAmerica - March 20, 2019
- Baby Giraffe Born at #Disney’s Animal Kingdom Reintroduced to Park’s Savanna - March 17, 2019