Earlier this year, the Orlando food scene lost Chef Bryce Balluff when he passed away. This month, Millenia 106 and Chef Bruno Fonseca will host a benefit wine dinner for his family on May 18.
Balluff was a local chef and one of the early leaders of the food truck scene. He was the original owner of Fork in the Road food truck, and also was briefly involved with Southern Moon Smokehouse.
The evening will begin with a cocktail reception at 6:30pm, and then feature a five course dinner with wine pairings.
The menu Chef Fonseca has created will feature:
Dual coast oysters, cucumber, grapefruit, serrano, mint
NV Mercat Brut Cava
Frog Song Organics’ greens, local tomatoes, fromage “vert”, almonds
2015 Domaine Maestracci E Prove Blanc
From the Sea
Cape Canaveral snapper, risotto nero, crab, fennel salad
2015 Domaine Leccia Rose
From the Pasture
Leg of lamb, Orlando farms’ egg in ravioli, royal trumpet mushroom, tomato
2012 Domaine Leccia Rouge
Bread pudding, orange confit, roasted figs, thyme, dulce de leche
2010 Château Roûmieu-Lacoste Sauternes
Tickets are $65 per person, and are available at the event’s ticket page. Chef Fonseca says after the wine cost is covered, all money raised will go directly to the Balluff Family.
- Meet the Local Actresses appearing in Waitress at Dr. Phillips Center March 20-25, 2018 - March 19, 2018
- The Great LEGO Race Opens March 23 at LEGOLAND Florida - March 18, 2018
- Winn-Dixie Announces Plans to Close Some Central Florida Stores Following Bankruptcy Filing - March 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 16, 2018: Urbain 40, Hunger Street Tacos, Morthan Cheese, and More - March 16, 2018
- Walt Disney World to Start Charging Resort Guests Overnight Parking Fees - March 15, 2018
- Yelp Restaurant Week Runs March 18-24 in Orlando #yelporlando - March 14, 2018
- Music Icon Richard Marx to Rock Plaza Live Orlando on March 18, 2018 - March 13, 2018
- JAY-Z And Beyoncé to Bring On The Run II Tour to Orlando’s Camping World Stadium Aug 29, 2018 - March 12, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s 2018 Picks For Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day - March 11, 2018
- 59th Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival Returns March 16-18, 2018 - March 10, 2018