Orlando’s Mennello Museum of Art will host a new exhibit called Our Orlando from May 19 to June 18, and it will feature the work of five local artists.
Katrina Constantine, Hillery Powers, Chris Tobar Rodriguez, Andrew Spear, and Rhett Withey were originally featured in a Pulse coloring book that was available at the museum, as well as the fence wrap that surrounds the Pulse Nightclub.
Their individual methods range in form and technical experimentation from calligraphy and comic arts to murals and the digital arts.
A common thread among the artists of OUR ORLANDO is the important role their high school educators played in their lives — pushing them to pursue their dreams in the arts.
The opening reception will take place the evening of May 19, featuring catering and mixed drinks by NOVA Restaurant, and craft beer by Orlando Brewing. Admission is $5, or free for museum members.
For more information on the exhibit, the artists, or the opening reception, visit mennellomuseum.org.
- Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando Debuts New ‘Jurassic World’ Kids’ Suites - June 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup June 16, 2018: Cask & Larder, Pizza Bruno, Pharmacy, Paddlefish, and More - June 16, 2018
- Velvet Sessions at The Hard Rock Hotel Hosts Ron Pope June 29, 2018 - June 15, 2018
- SeaWorld Entertainment, Inc. Removes All Single-Use Plastic Shopping Bags and Plastic Straws from its 12 Theme Parks - June 14, 2018
- Nicki Minaj And Future bring their ‘NickiHndrxx’ Tour to Amway Center Oct 20, 2018 - June 13, 2018
- Orlando Science Center Celebrates Superhero Week June 14-17, 2018 - June 12, 2018
- Coke Zero Sugar 400 Weekend Roars Into Daytona International Speedway July 5-7, 2018 @DISupdates - June 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Father’s Day 2018 *UPDATED* - June 10, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup June 9, 2018: Homecoming, Kadance, King Bao, and More - June 9, 2018
- Pulse Memorials and Events for Orlando United Day 2018 - June 8, 2018