SeaWorld Orlando announced this week they will be opening a new water thrill ride called Infinity Falls in Summer 2018.
Designers were inspired by the rainforests of South America and have created a lush jungle environment with Class iV rapids running through it.
A unique vertical elevator will lift each 8-passenger raft for a dramatic launch into the river, 40 feet below. Guests will travel around soaking fountains and waterfalls as they pass the remains of an ancient civilization.
Though it has the world’s tallest drop, the ride has been designed so that young children can ride it, too. It will have a height restriction of 42 inches.
The adventure ends at Harmony Village with a greater connection to the world’s rivers, inspired to spread the message of conservation..
Infinity Falls will be the centerpiece of a newly themed surrounding area, fully immersing guests in a rainforest canopy. It will be located in the Sea Garden area, near the passholder lounge.
After riding the rapids on Infinity Falls, the entire family can explore the village and take part in interactive experiences that combine play with education to create a positive impact on freshwater ecosystems. SeaWorld’s Animal Ambassadors will also provide up-close encounters with animals native to South America.
“We are constantly looking at new ways to amaze our guests – Infinity Falls will do that, and more,” said Jim Dean, President of SeaWorld Orlando Parks. “From the excitement of the thrilling rapids, to the unique vertical lift element, it will be an adventure that appeals to the entire family. Infinity Falls continues our commitment to investing in our park, and developing new ways to entertain and inspire our guests with meaningful, fun-filled vacations.”
I am so excited about this! I love the concept, and with the Florida heat, this will be the perfect ride to do over and over.
Take a peek at this promo video SeaWorld Orlando put together for the ride, and let us know what you think:
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For August 7, 2020: Pig Floyd’s, Framework Craft Coffee Bar, The New Standard, Paddlefish, Eola General, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - August 7, 2020
- The 2020 Florida Film Festival Goes Virtual August 8-20 .. #FFF2020 - August 6, 2020
- Country Thunder Florida Cancels 2020 Festival and Announces 2021 Dates .. #CountryThunder #musicfestivals #Kissimmee - August 5, 2020
- Walt Disney World Replaces Beauty and the Beast Show at Disney’s Hollywood Studios .. #WaltDisneyWorld #BeautyandtheBeast - August 4, 2020
- Walt Disney World Swan Resort Reopens With Deal for Florida Resident and WDW Passholders .. #SwanandDolphin #FloridaResidentDeals - August 4, 2020
- Universal Orlando Offers Special ‘Buy a Day’ Deal to Florida Residents for Limited Time .. #UniversalOrlando #FloridaResidentDeals - August 3, 2020
- Florida Back To School Sales Tax Holiday Returns August 2020 .. #SchoolTaxHoliday #BacktoSchool - July 31, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 30, 2020: Sister Honey’s, The Capital Grille, Seasons 52, Finca, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - July 30, 2020
- Walt Disney World Announces Attraction Closures and Project Postponements .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ThemeParkNews - July 29, 2020
- Osceola Arts presents ‘Once on the Island’ Online July 31-August 9, 2021 .. @Osceola_Arts #OnceontheIsland #oaOOTI - July 28, 2020