SeaWorld Orlando announced this week they will be opening a new water thrill ride called Infinity Falls in Summer 2018.
Designers were inspired by the rainforests of South America and have created a lush jungle environment with Class iV rapids running through it.
A unique vertical elevator will lift each 8-passenger raft for a dramatic launch into the river, 40 feet below. Guests will travel around soaking fountains and waterfalls as they pass the remains of an ancient civilization.
Though it has the world’s tallest drop, the ride has been designed so that young children can ride it, too. It will have a height restriction of 42 inches.
The adventure ends at Harmony Village with a greater connection to the world’s rivers, inspired to spread the message of conservation..
Infinity Falls will be the centerpiece of a newly themed surrounding area, fully immersing guests in a rainforest canopy. It will be located in the Sea Garden area, near the passholder lounge.
After riding the rapids on Infinity Falls, the entire family can explore the village and take part in interactive experiences that combine play with education to create a positive impact on freshwater ecosystems. SeaWorld’s Animal Ambassadors will also provide up-close encounters with animals native to South America.
“We are constantly looking at new ways to amaze our guests – Infinity Falls will do that, and more,” said Jim Dean, President of SeaWorld Orlando Parks. “From the excitement of the thrilling rapids, to the unique vertical lift element, it will be an adventure that appeals to the entire family. Infinity Falls continues our commitment to investing in our park, and developing new ways to entertain and inspire our guests with meaningful, fun-filled vacations.”
I am so excited about this! I love the concept, and with the Florida heat, this will be the perfect ride to do over and over.
Take a peek at this promo video SeaWorld Orlando put together for the ride, and let us know what you think:
- Christian Music Fest ‘Rock The Universe’ Returns to Universal Orlando Jan 24-25, 2020 .. #RocktheUniverse @UniversalOrlando - January 17, 2020
- Central Florida Fair to Add New Livestock and Event Pavilion .. @CentralFLFair - January 17, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces the Orlando Returns of ‘Hamilton’ and ‘Wicked’ .. #OrlandoBroadwaySeries @DrPhillipsCtr @HamiltonMusical @WICKED_Musical #FAIRWINDSBway - January 16, 2020
- Frontier Airlines Announces Plans for OIA Maintenance Hangar and Opens Training Facility in Orlando .. @FlyFrontier @MCO - January 16, 2020
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day 2020 Events in Central Florida .. #MLK2020 #MLKDay - January 15, 2020
- Blake Shelton’s Ole Red Orlando Restaurant to Open at ICON Park in April 2020 .. @OleRedOrlando @BlakeShelton - January 15, 2020
- Three New Film Experiences Coming to Epcot January 17, 2020 .. #Epcot @WaltDisneyWorld - January 14, 2020
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Announces New Executive Director .. @OrlandoPhilOrch - January 14, 2020
- Jesse Cook Returns to Orlando with Show at Plaza Live on Jan 19, 2020 .. @JesseCookHQ @LivePlaza - January 13, 2020
- Thomas’® Bagels Celebrates National Bagel Day Jan 15th with Orlando Pop-Up at Lynx Central Station .. #ThomasBagels #NationalBagelDay @lynxbusorlando - January 13, 2020