If you’re looking for a a quick, healthy alternative to your average breakfast or lunch spot in Winter Park, then you’ll want to check out Create Your Nature.
Dan and Kim Dill opened the eatery in 2016, out of a desire to provide a healthy lifestyle for their family, including their two daughters. They discovered, and fell in love with, the acai bowl concept while on vacation.
The fruit boasts several health benefits (it’s considered a “superfood”), and the couple began experimenting with recipes that expanded to both sweet and savory meal options.
The menu at Create Your Nature features more than acai. You’ll also find oatmeal, salads, and a recent addition, dragon fruit, to use as the base for your dish. Choose from several house combos, or, as the name implies, you can create your own dish from a variety of options.
At a recent blogger tasting, we tried four of the signature bowls, and I found all of them to be very tasty.
Cool Beans! was the salad we tried, and I really liked it. It featured black and garbanzo beans, with chopped celery, tomato, cucumbers, parsley, and mint, all mixed with a Lemongrass-Mint balsamic, and a Milanese-Gremolata olive oil. So many happy flavors going on in my mouth with this chilled dish. It was fresh and crunchy, and it was all kinds of healthy. A perfect vegan dish.
We then tried the Lacey Caprese, featuring diced tomatoes, avocado, and shaved parmesean cheese topped with sea salt, cracked black pepper, and a drizzle of basil olive oil, on a base of steel cut oatmeal. To be honest, I’m not a huge fan of oatmeal, but I really dug this savory twist on the breakfast dish. I had mine sans avocado due to allergies, but even without, this dish was tasty.
The acai bowl we tried, Nutty By Nature, features a base of blueberries, banana, and organic acai, topped with housemade granola, almonds, walnuts, pecans, chia seeds, and hemp seeds, with a drizzle of local raw honey. This hit all the right notes: sweet, salty, creamy, and crunchy. I can see why this is a menu favorite, and it’s a fave of mine, too.
Our final sample was a new-to-the-menu smoothie bowl called the Pink Dragon, which uses dragon fruit as the base. It is then topped with even more fruit, such as bananas and kiwi. I loved this dish, and the bright pink color made it fun to eat. Perhaps this is a way to get your kids to eat a healthy breakfast – who can turn down bright pink food??
Create Your Nature uses locally sourced products as much as possible in their dishes. Olive oils and balsamic vinegar come from Winter Park’s Ancient Olive, and coffee is from their neighbor, Foxtail Coffee Co.
They also promote recycling. Return a grab-n-go mason jar (filled with a pre-made dish for those in a hurry), and you’ll get 50 cents off your next order. They also sell very cool branded reusable thermos containers with a spoon in the lid for $20 – and you get $1 off your next order when you bring it back to get refilled.
Create Your Nature is located at 1284 Orange Ave in Winter Park. Hours are Mon-Fri from 7am to 5pm, Saturday from 8am to 4pm, and Sunday from 10am to 3pm. For more information, including a menu, visit createyournature.com, or call them at 407-636-3001. They also accept orders online and via an app for those in a hurry.
- Orlando’s Downtown Arts District Hosts Art After Dark Aug 24 .. @OrlandoSlice - August 21, 2019
- The Wheel at ICON Park Orlando to Light Up in UF & UM Team Colors Aug 23-24 .. @ICONParkOrlando @UF @UnivMiami - August 21, 2019
- Mad Cow Theatre presents ‘Fade’ Aug 23 – Sept 15, 2019 .. @MadCowTheatre - August 20, 2019
- Joe Bonamassa Announces Two Central Florida Dates in February 2020 .. @KingCenterPA @RuthEckerdHall @JBONAMASSA - August 19, 2019
- The Roth Family Jewish Community Center to Host Author Jenna Blum Aug 27 .. @Jenna_Blum @orlandoJCC - August 16, 2019
- Disney On Ice Presents Road Trip Adventures at Amway Center Sept 6-8 + Ticket Giveaway! .. @DisneyOnIce #RoadTripAdventures - August 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Hosts Grand Opening of NBA Experience at Disney Springs .. #Disney #NBAExperience - August 13, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Hosts Free Open House for Fall Arts Classes Aug 17 .. @DrPhillipsCtr - August 12, 2019
- The Orlando Boat Show Returns August 16-18, 2019 + Win Tickets! #Giveaway #TheOrlandoBoatShow - August 8, 2019
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces Fall 2019 Classes Now on Sale … @DrPhillipsCtr - August 6, 2019