Paddlefish, a seafood-centric restaurant, is now open in The Landing at Disney Springs for your dining pleasure, and it’s definitely a don’t-miss place to eat.
Formerly known as Fulton’s Crab House, the restaurant has been completely revamped inside and out, taking on a contemporary interpretation of an elegant steamboat. The new design includes a variety of comfortable seating, large windows to enjoy the view of Disney Springs, and three floors for guests to enjoy, including a new rooftop deck on the third floor.
The menu has also received an update, courtesy of Executive Chef Mark Boor. Fulton’s favorites such as the Crab Cake and the Lobster Corn Dogs (pictured above) are still there, but there are so many new dishes to fall in love with, such as:
- The Crab Fries appetizer features lumps of blue crab and a spicy Louie sauce on a bed of hand cut french fries (pictured below).
- The Lobster Guacamole is a twist on the Mexican favorite, with huge pieces of Maine lobster.
- The Lobster Roll features about a pound of Main Lobster with butter on a split top bun.
- Pan-seared scallops with brown butter, served with roasted Brussels sprouts, cauliflower puree, and bacon, which was a hit from last year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
The biggest highlight is a signature seafood boil in the first floor dining room. It can actually be done three ways:
- The Alaskan boil will feature crab legs
- The New England boil will have live Maine lobster, clams, mussels
- The Florida boil will feature blue crab, local shrimp and clams.
Or guests can create their own boil from all three.
Chef Boor says all of the fish is sustainable sourced, most from the Northern Hemisphere. The menu also may occasionally be changed to include special entrees based on seasonal availabilty.
The menu also features several non-seafood options, including beef, chicken, and vegetarian dishes. They are also very good with accommodating food allergies. Just let the server know when ordering.
Paddlefish has a full bar on each level, with special Prohibition-style cocktails and classics with a modern twist, as well as a great selection of craft beer on tap, and wines. If you like a little sweetness to your drinks, try the Little Bird (Boyd & Blair vodka, Nuestra Soledad mezcal, Abricot du Roussillon, pineapple juice)
At a media event the night before the restaurant opened to the public, we got to try samples of several of the dishes and there wasn’t a miss in the bunch. There were lines for the Lobster guac, and the trays of Crab Fries emptied as soon as they were brought in the room. I enjoyed the Paddlefish burger, which features a special meat blend, topped with house made pickles, red onion, and pimento cheese, served on a brioche bun. It was so flavorful, it needed no condiments.
I enjoyed wandering around the three levels, checking out the new open feel of the seating areas, but I could see myself visiting just for the rooftop deck seating. Sitting up there in comfy sofa seating along with big cushioned chairs, sipping drinks and nibbling on the house-made donut holes, and other desserts, watching the sun set and the lights come on at Disney Springs…it was a slice of heaven break from the energy of the crowds below.
Paddlefish is located in The Landing area of Disney Springs. Free parking is available – the Lime garage is closest. It is open Sunday through Thursday from 11:30am to 11pm, and Friday/Saturday from 11:30am to midnight.
Paddlefish offers lunch and dinner menus, and well as a kids menu, brunch menu, and Sunset Rooptop menu. They also have an extensive beverage menu.
For complete menus and more information, visit paddlefishrestaurant.com. Reservations can be made online, and are recommended.
Disclaimer: I was hosted for a media sampling party. I was not compensated for this post. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating Thanksgiving 2021 In Orlando .. #ThanksgivingDay #ThanksgivingDinners #ThanksgivingBrunch - November 20, 2021
- 2021 Orlando Walk for Apraxia Takes Place Nov. 20 in Casselberry .. #WalkForApraxia @apraxia_kids - November 16, 2021
- The New Walt Disney World Swan Reserve Hotel Officially Opens in Orlando .. #WaltDisneyWorldSwanReserve #SwanReserve #OrlandoHotels #DisneyHotels - November 15, 2021
- ‘Dazzling Nights’ Returns To Light Up Leu Gardens For The 2021 Holidays Starting Nov. 19 .. #DazzlingNights @Creative_Proj @LeuGardens - November 12, 2021
- Immersive Van Gogh Exhibition Debuts in Orlando November 26, 2021 .. #ImmersiveVanGogh #OrlandoArt - November 11, 2021