Paddlefish, a seafood-centric restaurant, is now open in The Landing at Disney Springs for your dining pleasure, and it’s definitely a don’t-miss place to eat.
Formerly known as Fulton’s Crab House, the restaurant has been completely revamped inside and out, taking on a contemporary interpretation of an elegant steamboat. The new design includes a variety of comfortable seating, large windows to enjoy the view of Disney Springs, and three floors for guests to enjoy, including a new rooftop deck on the third floor.
The menu has also received an update, courtesy of Executive Chef Mark Boor. Fulton’s favorites such as the Crab Cake and the Lobster Corn Dogs (pictured above) are still there, but there are so many new dishes to fall in love with, such as:
- The Crab Fries appetizer features lumps of blue crab and a spicy Louie sauce on a bed of hand cut french fries (pictured below).
- The Lobster Guacamole is a twist on the Mexican favorite, with huge pieces of Maine lobster.
- The Lobster Roll features about a pound of Main Lobster with butter on a split top bun.
- Pan-seared scallops with brown butter, served with roasted Brussels sprouts, cauliflower puree, and bacon, which was a hit from last year’s Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
The biggest highlight is a signature seafood boil in the first floor dining room. It can actually be done three ways:
- The Alaskan boil will feature crab legs
- The New England boil will have live Maine lobster, clams, mussels
- The Florida boil will feature blue crab, local shrimp and clams.
Or guests can create their own boil from all three.
Chef Boor says all of the fish is sustainable sourced, most from the Northern Hemisphere. The menu also may occasionally be changed to include special entrees based on seasonal availabilty.
The menu also features several non-seafood options, including beef, chicken, and vegetarian dishes. They are also very good with accommodating food allergies. Just let the server know when ordering.
Paddlefish has a full bar on each level, with special Prohibition-style cocktails and classics with a modern twist, as well as a great selection of craft beer on tap, and wines. If you like a little sweetness to your drinks, try the Little Bird (Boyd & Blair vodka, Nuestra Soledad mezcal, Abricot du Roussillon, pineapple juice)
At a media event the night before the restaurant opened to the public, we got to try samples of several of the dishes and there wasn’t a miss in the bunch. There were lines for the Lobster guac, and the trays of Crab Fries emptied as soon as they were brought in the room. I enjoyed the Paddlefish burger, which features a special meat blend, topped with house made pickles, red onion, and pimento cheese, served on a brioche bun. It was so flavorful, it needed no condiments.
I enjoyed wandering around the three levels, checking out the new open feel of the seating areas, but I could see myself visiting just for the rooftop deck seating. Sitting up there in comfy sofa seating along with big cushioned chairs, sipping drinks and nibbling on the house-made donut holes, and other desserts, watching the sun set and the lights come on at Disney Springs…it was a slice of heaven break from the energy of the crowds below.
Paddlefish is located in The Landing area of Disney Springs. Free parking is available – the Lime garage is closest. It is open Sunday through Thursday from 11:30am to 11pm, and Friday/Saturday from 11:30am to midnight.
Paddlefish offers lunch and dinner menus, and well as a kids menu, brunch menu, and Sunset Rooptop menu. They also have an extensive beverage menu.
For complete menus and more information, visit paddlefishrestaurant.com. Reservations can be made online, and are recommended.
Disclaimer: I was hosted for a media sampling party. I was not compensated for this post. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.
- Meet the Local Actresses appearing in Waitress at Dr. Phillips Center March 20-25, 2018 - March 19, 2018
- The Great LEGO Race Opens March 23 at LEGOLAND Florida - March 18, 2018
- Winn-Dixie Announces Plans to Close Some Central Florida Stores Following Bankruptcy Filing - March 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 16, 2018: Urbain 40, Hunger Street Tacos, Morthan Cheese, and More - March 16, 2018
- Walt Disney World to Start Charging Resort Guests Overnight Parking Fees - March 15, 2018
- Yelp Restaurant Week Runs March 18-24 in Orlando #yelporlando - March 14, 2018
- Music Icon Richard Marx to Rock Plaza Live Orlando on March 18, 2018 - March 13, 2018
- JAY-Z And Beyoncé to Bring On The Run II Tour to Orlando’s Camping World Stadium Aug 29, 2018 - March 12, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s 2018 Picks For Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day - March 11, 2018
- 59th Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival Returns March 16-18, 2018 - March 10, 2018