If you’re a foodie, Chroma Modern Bar + Kitchen has been on your radar. If it isn’t, let me tell you why it should be on your list.
We visited Chroma, which is located in Lake Nona, for dinner on a Thursday night, and after seating us, the server told us the restaurant offers small plates to share, and he recommended ordering 2-3 dishes per person.
Looking around, I liked the decor of the dining area, except the lights were so low we had to use our cell phones to read the menu. We noticed a few other diners doing the same thing during the course of our meal.
We decided to try a variety of dishes to get a good representation of the menu.
The first plate that arrived was Flash-Fried Goat Cheese served with organic honey. The cheese was lightly breaded, so it was crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside, and with the honey it made a perfect starter dish.
Next we tried a few of the dishes that were recommended to us. From the “Three-Bite Sliders” section of the menu, we enjoyed the Chroma Burger sliders. The burger was actually a short rib patty, topped with cheddar cheese, bourbon onions, bacon jam, and dill pickles, and served on a brioche roll. They were actually bigger than normal sliders, and full of flavor. I would definitely get these again.
We also tried the Smoked Pulled Pork sliders which were topped with jicama slaw and shishito aioli, and served on a sourdough bun. They were a little dry, but still tasty. For our chicken dish, we tried the Chicken Satay, served with a peanut sauce. The grilled chicken was served on skewers, and had a nice spiced flavor to it.
Our final dish, Grilled New York Strip, was cooked to order and served sliced on a bed of broccoli greens and carmelized stone fruit, and topped with fried onions. If you have a craving for a good steak, definitely order this.
Despite all the delicious food on the small plates menu, you’ll want to save room for dessert. Thankfully, they are miniature-sized, and just enough to finish a meal on a sweet note. The server brought a display to the table, and we chose the Toffee Bread Pudding and the Apple Cobbler, each served with a small scoop of Salted Caramel Gelato. The bread pudding had a rich sweet flavor, and the cobbler tasted like fresh cut apples.
Chroma has a fully stocked bar, but they also have a nice selection of non-alcoholic beverages that aren’t just water, including hand crafted sodas and infused lemonade and iced teas. We tried the Sour Berry Cooler (a tangy sweet mixture of house lemonade, blueberry nectar, and sparkling water), and Black Cherry Soda (black cherry nectar with a hint of lime, and sparkling water, garnished with brandied cherries). Both complemented our food perfectly.
We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner – the dishes were delicious, and there was an attention to detail with the ingredients that elevated each choice we made. Best of all, the average price per dish is $7-$10, so it’s perfect for the foodie that wants to enjoy great food without a huge bill at the end.
I definitely plan to return. Yum!
Chroma Modern Bar + Kitchen is located at 6967 Lake Nona Blvd (just south of the 417) in Lake Nona. Parking is free in the neighboring garage that also becomes a dinner show at night.
For more information, visit chromalakenona.com. Then go visit the restaurant – you will love it!
Disclaimer: We were hosted for purpose of a review. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.
- Out and About: Selena Comes to Madame Tussauds Orlando - February 18, 2018
- Walt Disney World Announces Toy Story Land to Open June 30, 2018 - February 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 16, 2018: The Glass Knife, MidiCi, Pammie’s Sammies, and More - February 16, 2018
- Universal Orlando Adds Jason Derulo and Jessie J to 2018 Mardi Gras Headliners - February 15, 2018
- MidiCi Kissimmee Hosts #IHeartMidiCi Charity Pizza Drive During Feb 2018 - February 14, 2018
- 140th Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 16-18 #silverspursrodeo - February 12, 2018
- Breaking: Walt Disney World Raises Ticket, Pass, and Parking Prices Effective Feb 11, 2018 - February 11, 2018
- Monster Energy Supercross comes to Tampa Feb. 24 + Discount Ticket Code - February 11, 2018
- Cirque du Soleil Brings New Show VOLTA to Tampa Feb 14-Mar 18, 2018 - February 10, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 9, 2018: Pizza Ponte, Lucky’s Market, Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, and More - February 9, 2018