If you’re a foodie, Chroma Modern Bar + Kitchen has been on your radar. If it isn’t, let me tell you why it should be on your list.
We visited Chroma, which is located in Lake Nona, for dinner on a Thursday night, and after seating us, the server told us the restaurant offers small plates to share, and he recommended ordering 2-3 dishes per person.
Looking around, I liked the decor of the dining area, except the lights were so low we had to use our cell phones to read the menu. We noticed a few other diners doing the same thing during the course of our meal.
We decided to try a variety of dishes to get a good representation of the menu.
The first plate that arrived was Flash-Fried Goat Cheese served with organic honey. The cheese was lightly breaded, so it was crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside, and with the honey it made a perfect starter dish.
Next we tried a few of the dishes that were recommended to us. From the “Three-Bite Sliders” section of the menu, we enjoyed the Chroma Burger sliders. The burger was actually a short rib patty, topped with cheddar cheese, bourbon onions, bacon jam, and dill pickles, and served on a brioche roll. They were actually bigger than normal sliders, and full of flavor. I would definitely get these again.
We also tried the Smoked Pulled Pork sliders which were topped with jicama slaw and shishito aioli, and served on a sourdough bun. They were a little dry, but still tasty. For our chicken dish, we tried the Chicken Satay, served with a peanut sauce. The grilled chicken was served on skewers, and had a nice spiced flavor to it.
Our final dish, Grilled New York Strip, was cooked to order and served sliced on a bed of broccoli greens and carmelized stone fruit, and topped with fried onions. If you have a craving for a good steak, definitely order this.
Despite all the delicious food on the small plates menu, you’ll want to save room for dessert. Thankfully, they are miniature-sized, and just enough to finish a meal on a sweet note. The server brought a display to the table, and we chose the Toffee Bread Pudding and the Apple Cobbler, each served with a small scoop of Salted Caramel Gelato. The bread pudding had a rich sweet flavor, and the cobbler tasted like fresh cut apples.
Chroma has a fully stocked bar, but they also have a nice selection of non-alcoholic beverages that aren’t just water, including hand crafted sodas and infused lemonade and iced teas. We tried the Sour Berry Cooler (a tangy sweet mixture of house lemonade, blueberry nectar, and sparkling water), and Black Cherry Soda (black cherry nectar with a hint of lime, and sparkling water, garnished with brandied cherries). Both complemented our food perfectly.
We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner – the dishes were delicious, and there was an attention to detail with the ingredients that elevated each choice we made. Best of all, the average price per dish is $7-$10, so it’s perfect for the foodie that wants to enjoy great food without a huge bill at the end.
I definitely plan to return. Yum!
Chroma Modern Bar + Kitchen is located at 6967 Lake Nona Blvd (just south of the 417) in Lake Nona. Parking is free in the neighboring garage that also becomes a dinner show at night.
For more information, visit chromalakenona.com. Then go visit the restaurant – you will love it!
Disclaimer: We were hosted for purpose of a review. As always, my opinions are honest, and my own.
- Nickelodeon’s JoJo Siwa brings D.R.E.A.M. The Tour to AMALIE Arena in Tampa May 2020 .. @AMALIEArena @Nickelodeon #JoJoDREAMTour - November 20, 2019
- LEGOLAND Florida Unveils New Florida Prepaid Schoolhouse With College Scholarship Giveaway .. @LEGOLANDFlorida - November 19, 2019
- 4th Annual Florida Tiny House Festival Comes to Orlando November 22-24 .. @UnitedTinyHouse - November 18, 2019
- Out and About: Mia’s Italian Kitchen on I-Drive Adds Bottomless Dining Option to Menu .. @MiasItalian_Orl - November 17, 2019
- Aquatica Orlando Announces Florida’s First Dueling Water Slide to Debut in 2020 .. @AquaticaOrlando #RiptideRace - November 15, 2019
- Festival of Trees Turns Orlando Museum of Art Into Winter Wonderland Nov 16-24, 2019 .. @OMAOrlando #FestivalofTrees - November 14, 2019
- Annie Russell Theatre at Rollins College Presents ‘Private Lies: Improvised Film Noir’ Nov 15-23 .. @rollinscollege #OrlandoArts - November 12, 2019
- Orlando SeaWolves Host 2nd Annual Free Soccer Fan Fest at Osceola Heritage Park Nov 17 .. @MCOSeaWolves - November 11, 2019
- Jonas Brothers Bring Happiness Begins Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center November 16 .. @AmwayCenter @JonasBrothers - November 10, 2019
- 8th Annual Barktoberfest Returns to Lake Eola Park Nov 17 .. @ocas_Orlando #Barktoberfest - November 10, 2019