There’s nothing better than a good biscuit sandwich, and the newly opened Holler and Dash in Celebration definitely delivers in that department.
We were invited to a media tasting the weekend before the restaurant opened on Nov 3, and found out these aren’t your fast food biscuits. Honestly, Holler and Dash elevates what you think a biscuit sandwich should be.
My favorite of the three main sandwiches we tried was the Kickback Chicken (pictured above), featuring fried chicken, goat cheese, green onion, and sweet pepper jelly on a housemade biscuit. It was spicy and savory, with a touch of sweetness. The mild goat cheese balanced out the kick from the jelly nicely.
Another favorite of the table was the Pork Rambler, featuring a fried pork tenderloin, blackberry butter, and fried onion straws. It had a great balance of sweet, savory, and salty. It reminded me a bit of a good pork schnitzle done Southern style.
The third menu item we tried was the Chicken. Set. Go., which features fried chicken, pimento cheese, jalapeno slices, and a drizzle of sorghum for sweetness. It was the most southern of the three sandwiches we tried. I wasn’t a fan of the sorghum, but others at our table loved it. If you’ve never had it, I would suggest asking for it on the side.
Our table also got to sample two desserts: the Strawberry & Dash, featuring a biscuit covered in strawberries, whipped creole cream cheese, and powdered sugar (the photo above shows a half serving); and the Holler & Dash take on Beignets, featuring fried biscuit pieces dusted in powdered sugar and served with a coffee dipping sauce. Both were good, and the portions great for sharing.
Another reason we enjoyed Holler & Dash is they offer beer and wine with your meal, which makes it perfect for a brunch visit. They also have craft sodas (the Pineapple Basil was my favorite), hot and cold teas, Stumptown cold brew coffee, and other non-alcoholic choices.
The menu also features sides like grits, drunken tomatoes, and loaded tots. Our biscuit sandwiches were served with pickled okra. There are also a few vegetarian options.
Prices are reasonable, especially for the quality of food. Everything on the menu is less than $10, and sandwich portions are huge.
Holler and Dash – Celebration is open daily from 7am to 2pm, for your breakfast/brunch/lunch needs. Another plus is not only do they offer free wifi, but all the booths and counter seats offer power and usb outlets to charge your smartphone/laptop/etc.
It is located at 6268 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, tucked into the back corner next to Pei Wei. For more information, visit holleranddash.com.
Disclaimer: We were hosted during a media tasting. As always my opinion is honest, and my own.
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘Ain’t Too Proud – The Life and Times of The Temptations’ At Dr. Phillips Center Jan 25-30, 2022 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @AintTooProud #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - January 17, 2022
- Actor/Comedian Bob Saget Passes Away in Orlando at 65 .. #BobSaget - January 9, 2022
- Out and About: Live Entertainment and a New Menu Return to Mango’s Tropical Café in Orlando .. #MangosOrlando #IDrive @OrlandoMangos - December 13, 2021
- Opera Orlando Presents ‘The Secret River’ World Premiere at Dr. Phillips Center Dec. 17-19, 2021 .. #OperaOrlando #TheSecretRiver #DrPhillipsCenter - December 10, 2021
- Out and About: Hawkers Asian Street Food Has Fun New Cocktails for the 2021 Holidays .. #EatHawkers #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoDrinks - December 9, 2021
- Holidays In Space Returns To Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Dec 17 – 31, 2021 .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysInSpace - November 29, 2021
- Fairwinds Broadway In Orlando Hosts ‘The Prom’ At Dr. Phillips Center Dec 7-12, 2021 .. @DrPhillipsCtr #FAIRWINDSBway @ThePromMusical #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - November 28, 2021
- 4th Annual FusionFest Returns To Downtown Orlando Nov 27-28, 2021 .. #FusionFest #OrlandoArts - November 23, 2021
- Holidays At LEGOLAND Return To LEGOLAND Florida Starting Nov. 26, 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #OrlandoHolidays #HolidaysatLEGOLAND - November 22, 2021
- Iron Chef Morimoto Returns to Morimoto Asia to Host Events in Dec 2021 .. #MorimotoAsia #DisneySprings #OrlandoFoodies - November 21, 2021