We’re still a few weeks away from the opening of the revamped Planet Hollywood Observatory at Disney Springs, but they’ve released a sneak peek at the new menu.
The revamped menu highlights Planet Hollywood favorites while introducing new dishes from the likes of Chef Guy Fieri.
Returning favorites include the World Famous Chicken Crunch with Creole mustard sauce playfully plated in a chicken-shaped dish; Nachos Grande piled high with chipotle chicken, cheese and black bean sauce, cruda salsa verde, pico de gallo, queso fresco and sour cream; L.A. Lasagna a fried take on this comfort food favorite with Bolognese sauce, roasted garlic cream and tomato basil sauces; and the epic High Roller Platter, an appetizer “best-of” featuring the Chicken Crunch, Texas Tostados, Buffalo Wings, Cheesy Spinach Dip, and Peri-Peri Shrimp served in a uniquely designed Ferris-wheel dish.
Fieri’s contributions are the new “Big Bite Burgers” and “Knuckle Sandwiches” sections of the menu. Highlights include Fieri’s award-winning Bacon Mac-N-Cheese Burger (with applewood smoked bacon, six-cheese mac-n-cheese, cheddar, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, crispy onion straws, Fieri’s signature Donkey Sauce, garlic-buttered brioche bun); The Mayor of Flavortown (seasoned pastrami, swiss cheese, caraway slaw, pickles, Dijon mustard and Donkey Sauce on a garlic-buttered pretzel bun); and the Prime Time American Kobe (with American-style kobe beef, smoked gouda, cheddar, caramelized onion jam, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, crispy onion straws, Donkey Sauce, garlic-buttered brioche bun).
New specialty entrees include Lobster Feast Fra Diavolo (a spaghetti favorite served in a whole lobster shell), and a Sesame Ginger Salmon with cilantro rice. Steak and rib selections – including the 20 ounce, bone-in NY Strip Steak for two served with roasted garlic and herb butter, steak fries and green bean blend – can now be upgraded to “surf & turf” status with the accompaniment of a whole steamed lobster.
Vegetarians will have several choices on the new menu, too, like Fieri’s Morgan’s Veggie (a burger of black and white beans, chickpeas, oats, artichokes, roasted red pepper with cilantro aioli, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle, toasted wheat bun), and a Pimento Grilled Cheese (six-cheese mac-n-cheese, pimento cheese, garlic-buttered sourdough).
Other options for guests include a selection of salads like the Citrus Kale, a combination of kale, julienned broccoli, slivered Brussels sprouts and cabbage, feta, grapefruit, oranges, cranberries, sunflowers seeds, agave dressing; and Spinach & Berries with candied walnuts, bleu cheese crumbles and balsamic vinaigrette. Most salads can be adapted to be vegan.
If you still have room in your stomach, the dessert menu includes the Cosmic Cream Challenge (a blind tasting of 12 flavors of house-made ice creams and sorbets); Planet Melt Down (a chocolate hardshell dome, melted tableside by hot chocolate sauce to reveal double chocolate fudge cake, fresh strawberries and whipped cream); and Brownie Sundae Martini (12 decadent chunks of freshly baked brownies layered with six scoops of vanilla and chocolate ice cream with toppings). I would say share these unless you want to be rolled out of the restaurant.
The redesigned Planet Hollywood Observatory now has an all-new Stargazers Lounge featuring Florida craft beers from breweries like Funky Buddha, Bold City, Cigar City, and Swamp Head, and hand-crafted cocktails made with local fresh ingredients, like the Cosmic Mule (New Amsterdam vodka, Limoncino Bottega and ginger-infused syrup).
There will also be beverages served in souvenir vessels including the Halley’s Comet served in a 45 oz. Planet-bowl, and the Planetary Punch Monkey served in a 21 oz. Comet Glass.
We’ll let you know as soon as we hear of an opening date, but if you want more information on the Planet Hollywood Observatory, visit planethollywood.com.
[image courtesy Planet Hollywood]
- Out and About: Selena Comes to Madame Tussauds Orlando - February 18, 2018
- Walt Disney World Announces Toy Story Land to Open June 30, 2018 - February 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 16, 2018: The Glass Knife, MidiCi, Pammie’s Sammies, and More - February 16, 2018
- Universal Orlando Adds Jason Derulo and Jessie J to 2018 Mardi Gras Headliners - February 15, 2018
- MidiCi Kissimmee Hosts #IHeartMidiCi Charity Pizza Drive During Feb 2018 - February 14, 2018
- 140th Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 16-18 #silverspursrodeo - February 12, 2018
- Breaking: Walt Disney World Raises Ticket, Pass, and Parking Prices Effective Feb 11, 2018 - February 11, 2018
- Monster Energy Supercross comes to Tampa Feb. 24 + Discount Ticket Code - February 11, 2018
- Cirque du Soleil Brings New Show VOLTA to Tampa Feb 14-Mar 18, 2018 - February 10, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 9, 2018: Pizza Ponte, Lucky’s Market, Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, and More - February 9, 2018