Grammy award nominee Ottmar Liebert and Luna Negra are coming to town with a show at Plaza Live Orlando on Sunday, November 13.
Liebert is a six-time Grammy nominee who has sold millions of records across the globe. His first label release, 1990s Nouveau Flamenco, introduced his contemporary flamenco fusion sound to the world. It went multi-platinum.
Since then, Liebert and his band Luna Negra have received 38 Gold and Platinum certifications in the USA, as well as certifications in Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
Not one to rest on his laurels, Liebert has incorporated reggae into his 2016 release, Waiting + Swan, which features his take on the music of Bob Marley, along with originals.
“I discovered an interesting connection between flamenco and reggae and recorded an album of songs that combine the Flamenco rhythm called ‘tangos,’ which I believe actually hails from the Caribbean and is Caribbean rather than Arabic in origin,” Liebert explains. “Tangos has a lilt and the same avoidance of beat one that reggae and salsa have, and it sounds very different from all other flamenco forms. Presumably all three of these rhythms, tangos, reggae and salsa, have roots in Africa.”
Liebert will play songs from his new release, as well as classic favorites, at his Orlando show. For more information on Ottmar Liebert, visit lunanegra.com.
Tickets are $49.50 – $69.50, and are available at plazaliveorlando.org, and the venue box office.
[Photo courtesy LunaNegra.com; photographer Mike Lane]
- Tame Impala Announces Rescheduled Orlando Tour Date at Amway Center for 2021 .. @AmwayCenter @TameImpala - October 19, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Celebrates 9th Birthday with Special Pass Pricing and Peek at 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #ThemeParkNews - October 16, 2020
- Central Florida Zoo wins AZA award for the Urban Wildlife Information Network .. @CentralFLZoo @CitySanfordFL #CFLAttractions - October 15, 2020
- Out and About: Bottomless Brunching at Cafe Tu Tu Tango in Orlando .. @CafeTuTuTangoFL #OrlandoBrunch #OrlandoRestaurants - October 14, 2020
- Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream and Gideon’s Bakehouse Collaborate for National Dessert Day Oct 14 .. #OrlandoIceCream #OrlandoBakery - October 13, 2020
- I-Drive Businesses Form Orlando Entertainment District .. #IDrive #LoveOrlando @IDriveFun - October 13, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For October 12, 2020: Sonny’s BBQ, The New Standard, Tapa Toro, Orlando Meats, Rokka’s Market, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - October 12, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Offers Brevard County Resident Discount Oct 12-18 .. #BrevardCounty @ExploreSpaceKSC #LoveFL - October 10, 2020
- Brick or Treat Returns to LEGOLAND Florida For Family Friendly Halloween Fun .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #BrickorTreat #BuiltForKids #LoveFL - October 7, 2020
- Broadway in Orlando 20/21 Season Delayed Until April 2021 at Dr. Phillips Center .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - October 6, 2020