This week, Universal Parks & Resorts announced highly-themed Nintendo environments would be coming to the Orlando park, as well as Hollywood, and Osaka, Japan.
In May 2015, Universal first announced they would be partnering with Nintendo on future theme park attractions. But not much was revealed about the details.
The announcement this week stated the creative visionaries behind Nintendo’s legendary worlds and characters are working together with the creative teams behind Universal’s blockbuster theme park attractions to bring the characters, action and adventure of Nintendo video games to life within Universal theme parks.
They will be highly themed and authentic environments filled with multiple attractions, shops and restaurants. Guests will feel as if they are playing inside their favorite games, regardless of their age or gaming experience level.
Planning and creative work on these areas is well underway, and they will open separately over the next several years. No timeline was given for the Orlando opening.
Shigeru Miyamoto, of Nintendo, and Mark Woodbury, President of Universal Creative, recently sat down to talk about the two teams working together in this Universal video:
Honestly, this isn’t much more information than we were originally given last year, but at least this announcement shows the Nintendo collaboration has come to the forefront of Universal expansion projects.
Are you excited for a Nintendo area at Universal Orlando?
- THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD to Open at LEGOLAND Florida in 2019 - May 24, 2018
- Electric Ocean Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Memorial Day Weekend - May 23, 2018
- Orlando Officially Named Host City For 2022 Special Olympics USA Games - May 21, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup May 19, 2018: Taste Central Florida, Habit Burger, Hopdoddy Burger Bar, and More - May 19, 2018
- IAAPA Breaks Ground on New International Headquarters in Orlando - May 18, 2018
- MEGACON Orlando to give First Look at New Madame Tussauds’ Justice League Exhibit - May 16, 2018
- Headliners Announced for Rock the Universe 2018 at Universal Orlando - May 14, 2018
- Out and About: Orlando Welcomes 72 Million Visitors in 2017 #VisitOrlando - May 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating Mother’s Day 2018 - May 10, 2018
- Schedule Announced for Sunset Music Festival in Tampa May 26-27, 2018 #SMF2018 - May 9, 2018