Light Up UCF, one of Orlando’s best annual holiday traditions, starts up this Friday, November 18, 2016, and runs through January 7, 2017.
During the event, the area in and around the CFE Arena at the University of Central Florida is transformed into a winter wonderland with lights, holiday music and rides.
Highlights include the Ice Rink Pavilion presented by Central Florida Expressway Authority, the Arctic Glide Ice Slide and Light Up Lane presented by Coca-Cola, an upgraded Ferris Wheel, carriage rides, and there will be an all new ride called The Winter Whirl.
There are several free opportunities for all to enjoy, including the Holiday Light Show presented by Orlando Sanford International Airport with thousands of lights choreographed to seasonal musical selections and snow, spun by a live DJ.
On select nights throughout the event, the Holiday Film Festival will be showing free movies outdoors on a two-story screen. Films usually show twice nightly at 7pm and 9:30pm. A listing of all scheduled movies can be found online.
Of course, Santa will also be making appearances for photo ops. Price for the photos start at $13.
On December 10, shop the second annual Light Up UCF Holiday Market, featuring local artisans and their crafts. This holiday market under the stars is a perfect way for you to come out and wrap up all of your holiday shopping while supporting small, local businesses.
It’s free to wander around, and check out the Holiday lights, but there is a charge for the rides ($4.25-$6.50). There is also a charge for using the outdoor tented ice skating rink ($12 nightly skating/$19.75 nightly unlimited skate and rides pass), and for carriage rides (starting at $5 per person).
Tickets for the rides, and more info, is available at the CFE Arena Box Office or online at lightupucf.com. Parking is FREE for Light Up UCF patrons – please be sure to tell the parking attendant that you are on site for Light Up UCF.
[Image courtesy CFE Arena]
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 24, 2018: National Paella Day, Foxtail Coffee, DOMU, and More - March 24, 2018
- Win Easter Lunch at First-Ever Unlimited Izakaya Lunch at Dragonfly Robata Grill and Sushi @DflyOrlando - March 23, 2018
- House of Blues Orlando Presents AWOLNATION May 24, 2018 - March 22, 2018
- LEGOLAND Florida to Open Funnel Cake Factory Spring 2018 - March 21, 2018
- Orlando Science Center Hosts Top Secret Weekend March 24-25, 2018 #orlandosciencecenter - March 20, 2018
- Meet the Local Actresses appearing in Waitress at Dr. Phillips Center March 20-25, 2018 - March 19, 2018
- The Great LEGO Race Opens March 23 at LEGOLAND Florida - March 18, 2018
- Winn-Dixie Announces Plans to Close Some Central Florida Stores Following Bankruptcy Filing - March 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 16, 2018: Urbain 40, Hunger Street Tacos, Morthan Cheese, and More - March 16, 2018
- Walt Disney World to Start Charging Resort Guests Overnight Parking Fees - March 15, 2018