Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex will open their newest attraction, Heroes & Legends featuring the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, on Friday, November 11, 2016.
Literally decades in the making, the attraction will provide the emotional background and context for space exploration and the legendary men and women who pioneered our journey into space.
Guests visiting will embark on an awe-inspiring journey that begins with an immersive exhibit designed to spark thought and discussion about how society defines a hero.
Then, through cutting-edge technology, interactive elements and engaging exhibits, visitors will be introduced to the heroes of the NASA space program: the pioneers who worked together to make space exploration possible.
“We’ve been focusing on a story to create what we consider a ‘launch pad’ for our visitors that really sets the stage for their full-day experience here,” said Therrin Protze, chief operating officer, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
“The opportunity to learn about the amazing attributes of our heroes behind the historical events that have shaped the way we look at space, the world and the future, will not only entertain and inspire guests, but lay the groundwork for their interactions throughout the rest of the visitor complex with our other attractions and space experiences. We are here to inspire minds through a memorable space experience and this new attraction will be a phenomenal introduction.”
The Boeing Company is the title sponsor of the attraction, marking the first time in more than 50 years that the visitor complex has entered into an agreement with a corporate sponsor.
The goal is for visitors to leave both attractions with a renewed sense of pride and a more in-depth understanding and appreciation of the qualities of heroism represented by NASA’s pioneering astronauts, and why they deserve admiration and respect.
Heroes & Legends featuring the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame is located just inside the entrance, and is included with admission to the Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex.
For more information or to purchase admission, visit KennedySpaceCenter.com.
- Aquatica Orlando Announces Florida’s First Dueling Water Slide to Debut in 2020 .. @AquaticaOrlando #RiptideRace - November 15, 2019
- Festival of Trees Turns Orlando Museum of Art Into Winter Wonderland Nov 16-24, 2019 .. @OMAOrlando #FestivalofTrees - November 14, 2019
- Annie Russell Theatre at Rollins College Presents ‘Private Lies: Improvised Film Noir’ Nov 15-23 .. @rollinscollege #OrlandoArts - November 12, 2019
- Orlando SeaWolves Host 2nd Annual Free Soccer Fan Fest at Osceola Heritage Park Nov 17 .. @MCOSeaWolves - November 11, 2019
- Jonas Brothers Bring Happiness Begins Tour to Orlando’s Amway Center November 16 .. @AmwayCenter @JonasBrothers - November 10, 2019
- 8th Annual Barktoberfest Returns to Lake Eola Park Nov 17 .. @ocas_Orlando #Barktoberfest - November 10, 2019
- Lockheed Martin Space and Air Show Tickets On Sale Nov 10 for 2020 Show .. @SpaceandAirShow - November 9, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Announces Special Veterans Day 2019 Offer .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #VeteransDay - November 8, 2019
- Country Thunder Returns to Kissimmee in 2020 with All-Star Line-Up .. @CountryThunder - November 7, 2019
- College Park JazzFest Returns with Great Sounds, Food, and More November 9, 2019 .. #CollegeParkJazzed - November 6, 2019