Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex will open their newest attraction, Heroes & Legends featuring the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, on Friday, November 11, 2016.
Literally decades in the making, the attraction will provide the emotional background and context for space exploration and the legendary men and women who pioneered our journey into space.
Guests visiting will embark on an awe-inspiring journey that begins with an immersive exhibit designed to spark thought and discussion about how society defines a hero.
Then, through cutting-edge technology, interactive elements and engaging exhibits, visitors will be introduced to the heroes of the NASA space program: the pioneers who worked together to make space exploration possible.
“We’ve been focusing on a story to create what we consider a ‘launch pad’ for our visitors that really sets the stage for their full-day experience here,” said Therrin Protze, chief operating officer, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
“The opportunity to learn about the amazing attributes of our heroes behind the historical events that have shaped the way we look at space, the world and the future, will not only entertain and inspire guests, but lay the groundwork for their interactions throughout the rest of the visitor complex with our other attractions and space experiences. We are here to inspire minds through a memorable space experience and this new attraction will be a phenomenal introduction.”
The Boeing Company is the title sponsor of the attraction, marking the first time in more than 50 years that the visitor complex has entered into an agreement with a corporate sponsor.
The goal is for visitors to leave both attractions with a renewed sense of pride and a more in-depth understanding and appreciation of the qualities of heroism represented by NASA’s pioneering astronauts, and why they deserve admiration and respect.
Heroes & Legends featuring the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame is located just inside the entrance, and is included with admission to the Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex.
For more information or to purchase admission, visit KennedySpaceCenter.com.
- THE LEGO MOVIE WORLD to Open at LEGOLAND Florida in 2019 - May 24, 2018
- Electric Ocean Returns to SeaWorld Orlando Memorial Day Weekend - May 23, 2018
- Orlando Officially Named Host City For 2022 Special Olympics USA Games - May 21, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup May 19, 2018: Taste Central Florida, Habit Burger, Hopdoddy Burger Bar, and More - May 19, 2018
- IAAPA Breaks Ground on New International Headquarters in Orlando - May 18, 2018
- MEGACON Orlando to give First Look at New Madame Tussauds’ Justice League Exhibit - May 16, 2018
- Headliners Announced for Rock the Universe 2018 at Universal Orlando - May 14, 2018
- Out and About: Orlando Welcomes 72 Million Visitors in 2017 #VisitOrlando - May 11, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Celebrating Mother’s Day 2018 - May 10, 2018
- Schedule Announced for Sunset Music Festival in Tampa May 26-27, 2018 #SMF2018 - May 9, 2018