Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex will open their newest attraction, Heroes & Legends featuring the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, on Friday, November 11, 2016.
Literally decades in the making, the attraction will provide the emotional background and context for space exploration and the legendary men and women who pioneered our journey into space.
Guests visiting will embark on an awe-inspiring journey that begins with an immersive exhibit designed to spark thought and discussion about how society defines a hero.
Then, through cutting-edge technology, interactive elements and engaging exhibits, visitors will be introduced to the heroes of the NASA space program: the pioneers who worked together to make space exploration possible.
“We’ve been focusing on a story to create what we consider a ‘launch pad’ for our visitors that really sets the stage for their full-day experience here,” said Therrin Protze, chief operating officer, Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex.
“The opportunity to learn about the amazing attributes of our heroes behind the historical events that have shaped the way we look at space, the world and the future, will not only entertain and inspire guests, but lay the groundwork for their interactions throughout the rest of the visitor complex with our other attractions and space experiences. We are here to inspire minds through a memorable space experience and this new attraction will be a phenomenal introduction.”
The Boeing Company is the title sponsor of the attraction, marking the first time in more than 50 years that the visitor complex has entered into an agreement with a corporate sponsor.
The goal is for visitors to leave both attractions with a renewed sense of pride and a more in-depth understanding and appreciation of the qualities of heroism represented by NASA’s pioneering astronauts, and why they deserve admiration and respect.
Heroes & Legends featuring the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame is located just inside the entrance, and is included with admission to the Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex.
For more information or to purchase admission, visit KennedySpaceCenter.com.
- The 13th Annual UCF-Orlando Jazz Festival Comes to UCF Feb 28-29 .. @UCF #OrlandoArts - February 23, 2020
- The TODAY Show to Broadcast Live from Universal Orlando on Feb 28, 2020 .. @UniversalOrlando @TODAYshow - February 22, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating National Margarita Day Feb 22, 2020 .. #NationalMargaritaDay - February 21, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces the FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando 2020/2021 Season .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 20, 2020
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020