This week Central Florida’s new Minor League Baseball team announced it’s new name, chosen from hundreds of submissions received over the summer during the team’s “Name the Team” contest.
The name chosen? Florida Fire Frogs.
A glowing red frog, ablaze with flames, is the centerpiece of the team’s new identity, emphasizing the team’s colors which are fire red, navel orange, and golden sun.
Karah Morrison and Steven Strickland were the winners of the team’s Name the Team contest over the summer and each won two season tickets for the 2017 season.
We’re excited to unveil the team’s new name, which we feel represents the geographic diversity of our fan base, has a hometown feel and speaks to the fun, vibrant experience our fans will enjoy at games,” said Team President Joe Harrington. “We’re working on creating a fun and entertaining promotional schedule for our inaugural season at Osceola County Stadium next year, and we continue to be overwhelmed by the positive response from the community and our fans.”
The schedule features 70 home games and an Independence Day fireworks spectacular on July 4. Membership packages include full season (70 games), half season (35 games), partial (15 games) and mini (7 games). Full season packages start at $350 and are available by calling 321-697-3156.
For more information, visit FloridaFireFrogs.com.
- SeaWorld Orlando Announces New Annual Pass Program - October 15, 2018
- Wild Florida Hosts Sloth Week with Free Admission Oct 15-20 @WildFlorida - October 14, 2018
- Out and About: Sonny’s BBQ Celebrates National Pulled Pork Day 2018 with New Limited Menu Items - October 12, 2018
- Orlando International Airport Has Raised Parking Prices - October 11, 2018
- Annual Pink Off Park Celebration Returns October 19 in Winter Park - October 8, 2018
- Come Out With Pride 2018 Celebrates Orlando’s LGBTQ+ Community Oct 8-14 #KeepDancingOrlando @OrlandoPride - October 7, 2018
- Celebrate #NationalTacoDay 2018 on October 4 With These Orlando-Area Restaurants - October 4, 2018
- Infinity Falls to Open at SeaWorld Orlando October 4, 2018 - October 3, 2018
- Central Florida Foodie Events For October 2018 - October 1, 2018
- David S. Pumpkins Returns to Madame Tussauds Orlando in October - September 30, 2018