At a media event this weekend, LEGOLAND Florida announced the official opening date for the LEGO NINJAGO attraction would be January 12, 2017.
Assisted by Kai and Nya, LEGOLAND Florida Resort General Manager Adrian Jones announced the land’s grand opening date on the eve of the resort’s fifth birthday, continuing the largest period of growth and expansion in its history.
Inspired by the popular LEGO building sets and the “LEGO NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu” TV show, LEGO NINJAGO World puts guests at the center of the action.
The entry courtyard will be an immersive area filled with several hands-on, outdoor activities where kids can sharpen their ninja skills such as:
• Zane’s Temple Build — a giant LEGO building experience where kids can contribute to a model of a mountaintop NINJAGO monastery.
• Kai’s Spinners — kids can master the ancient art of Spinjitzu at these twirling, whirling, single-person platforms.
• Cole’s Rock Climb — an outdoor climbing wall to test kids’ balance and endurance.
• Jay’s Lightning Drill — kids can measure their reflexes with these “lightning fast” light-up targets.
The courtyard will also will feature daily meet-and-greet opportunities with sibling ninjas Kai and Nya [pronounced NEE-AH], and Wu’s Warehouse, a themed retail shop stuffed with LEGO NINJAGO building sets, toys, clothing, souvenirs and more.
Once guests feel confident in their action moves, they can take on the ultimate showdown with LEGO NINJAGO The Ride, a dazzling new “dark ride” attraction. It blends 3D computer animation, “4D” effects and groundbreaking technology never seen outside a LEGOLAND theme park.
I had the chance to try the ride at IAAPA last year and it’s a lot of fun. There are four players per vehicle, and the action is controlled by movement of the arms, with different moves controlling different shooting effects.
We also got to tour the ride in progress after the date announcement, and I found out that there will be no height requirement for the ride other than anyone under 48 inches has to be accompanied by someone who is that height or taller. The ride is also ability-challenged friendly. As long as the rider can move their arms, they can play.
CitySurfing Orlando will have more details on the ride as we get closer to the opening date in 2017, but I think this is going to be one of the best areas of LEGOLAND Florida when it opens.
What do you think? Are you looking forward to visiting LEGO NINJAGO World?
- Orlando Story Club Presents “Best Of 2019” at The Abbey on Dec 11 .. @OrlandoStoryClub - December 6, 2019
- #Free 2019 Central Florida #Holiday Events for You and Your Family to Enjoy - December 5, 2019
- Walt Disney World to Live Stream Official Dedication of Rise of the Resistance on Dec. 4 .. #StarWars #StarWarsGalaxysEdge #RiseOfTheResistance - December 4, 2019
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2019 in Central Florida .. #GivingTuesday @HeroSparkKids @wmfeorlando @cfl_homeless @thedruproject @gktwvillage @ harborhousefl @hfuw @GLBTOrlando @MicheLeePuppets @mustardseedoffl @petallianceGO @RMHCCF @feedhopenow @vscflorida @ShepherdsHope - December 3, 2019
- Rosen Hotels Invites Central Florida to ‘Sock It To Cancer’ on Dec 6th .. @RosenHotels - December 2, 2019
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Candlelight Processional from #Epcot Dec 3 .. #DisneyParksLive - December 2, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events For December 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - December 1, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex to Create 60s Retro Holiday Bash for Annual ‘Holidays in Space’ .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysinSpace - November 30, 2019
- Central Florida Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2019 .. #BlackFriday #CyberMonday - November 29, 2019
- FusionFest Returns to Downtown Orlando Thanksgiving Weekend 2019 .. #FusionFestOrlando - November 27, 2019