At a media event this weekend, LEGOLAND Florida announced the official opening date for the LEGO NINJAGO attraction would be January 12, 2017.
Assisted by Kai and Nya, LEGOLAND Florida Resort General Manager Adrian Jones announced the land’s grand opening date on the eve of the resort’s fifth birthday, continuing the largest period of growth and expansion in its history.
Inspired by the popular LEGO building sets and the “LEGO NINJAGO: Masters of Spinjitzu” TV show, LEGO NINJAGO World puts guests at the center of the action.
The entry courtyard will be an immersive area filled with several hands-on, outdoor activities where kids can sharpen their ninja skills such as:
• Zane’s Temple Build — a giant LEGO building experience where kids can contribute to a model of a mountaintop NINJAGO monastery.
• Kai’s Spinners — kids can master the ancient art of Spinjitzu at these twirling, whirling, single-person platforms.
• Cole’s Rock Climb — an outdoor climbing wall to test kids’ balance and endurance.
• Jay’s Lightning Drill — kids can measure their reflexes with these “lightning fast” light-up targets.
The courtyard will also will feature daily meet-and-greet opportunities with sibling ninjas Kai and Nya [pronounced NEE-AH], and Wu’s Warehouse, a themed retail shop stuffed with LEGO NINJAGO building sets, toys, clothing, souvenirs and more.
Once guests feel confident in their action moves, they can take on the ultimate showdown with LEGO NINJAGO The Ride, a dazzling new “dark ride” attraction. It blends 3D computer animation, “4D” effects and groundbreaking technology never seen outside a LEGOLAND theme park.
I had the chance to try the ride at IAAPA last year and it’s a lot of fun. There are four players per vehicle, and the action is controlled by movement of the arms, with different moves controlling different shooting effects.
We also got to tour the ride in progress after the date announcement, and I found out that there will be no height requirement for the ride other than anyone under 48 inches has to be accompanied by someone who is that height or taller. The ride is also ability-challenged friendly. As long as the rider can move their arms, they can play.
CitySurfing Orlando will have more details on the ride as we get closer to the opening date in 2017, but I think this is going to be one of the best areas of LEGOLAND Florida when it opens.
What do you think? Are you looking forward to visiting LEGO NINJAGO World?
- SeaWorld Orlando Hosts “Flicks & Fireworks” This Weekend .. #SeaWorldOrlando #FlicksFireworks - July 8, 2020
- Tango Cares Needs Your Help to Feed Orlando’s Unemployed Hospitality Workers .. #TangoCares #MiasItalianKitchen #CafeTuTuTango - July 6, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For July 5, 2020: The Old Jailhouse, Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream, Chef Bruno Fonseca, Shake Shack, And More .. #OrlandoFoodies #OrlandoRestaurants - July 5, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating The 4th Of July 2020 .. #4thofJuly #Fireworks #Grilling - July 1, 2020
- The Bourne Stuntacular to Grand Open at Universal Orlando June 30, 2020 with Sneak Peek Online June 29 .. #UniversalOrlando #BourneStuntacular #ThemeParkNews - June 29, 2020
- Florida Suspends Alcohol Consumption at Bars Again Due to COVID-19 .. #FloridaBars #DoYourPart - June 28, 2020
- Orange County Florida Launches New “Safer, Stronger, Together” Campaign for Businesses & Residents to Combat COVID-19 Spread .. #DoYourPartORL #VisitOrlando @OrangeCoFL - June 27, 2020
- Walt Disney World to Give Magic Kingdom’s Splash Mountain New ‘The Princess and the Frog’ Theme .. #WaltDisneyWorld #SplashMountain #ThePrincessandtheFrog #Tiana - June 26, 2020
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex to Host ‘MLS is Back’ Tournament This Summer .. #WaltDisneyWorld #ESPN #WWoS #MLSisBack #Soccer - June 21, 2020
- Walt Disney World Cancels Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for 2020 .. #Disney #MNSSHP #Halloween - June 20, 2020