The week of October 24-31, five Orlando-area restaurants are partnering together to help raise funds for those impacted by the Louisiana floods in the Baton Rouge area.
It’s part of an initative called Project 001. Louisiana, launched by Good Through Food, a new Orlando-based organization that strives to impact the world through food-related efforts.
The participating restaurants have created Lousiana-inspired dishes for the project, with a portion of the sales of these items being donated to Baton Rouge Area Foundation. This Louisiana-based charity works to assist those who were affected by the floods.
Here are the restaurants, and their Project 001 dishes:
Black Rooster Taqueria: NOLA Pork Belly Taco
Collette’s Clean Eats: Shrimp, Crab & Andouille Sausage Gumbo
P is for Pie: P is for Pecan Caramel Hand Pie + Coffee
Tapa Toro: Churro Bread Pudding
Taverna Opa: Loukoumades (Greek Beignets)
Good Through Food is the brainchild of Chauniqua Major, who is Founder and Culinary Connector. She decided to form the organization after witnessing the devastation of the floods.
“I believe food is the greater connector—it causes cultures to cross, memories to be made and happiness manifest,” stated Major. “After relying heavily on Facebook Live to obtain information and view heart-wrenching videos about the impact of the floods due to the lack of TV, I knew I was called to help, and I thought doing so through food would be amazing.”
Guests are asked to share their dishes on Instagram using the hashtag #GoodThroughFood to help spread the word.
For more information, visit GoodThroughFood.com.
- Walt Disney World Announces A New Pavilion and More Coming to #Epcot - March 24, 2019
- Fun Spot America Announces New Interactive Water Experience Coming to Orlando Park this Summer @FunSpotAmerica - March 20, 2019
- Baby Giraffe Born at #Disney’s Animal Kingdom Reintroduced to Park’s Savanna - March 17, 2019
- Busch Gardens Tampa 2019 Food & Wine Fest Starts this Weekend @BuschGardens #CorksAndCoasters - March 16, 2019
- Swamp Sistas Host La La Charity Brunch for Second Harvest March 24, 2019 @SwampSistas @feedhopenow - March 15, 2019
- Pi Day 2019 Pie Deals in the Orlando Area #PiDay - March 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Raises 2019 Ticket Prices During Peak Periods - March 13, 2019
- Universal Orlando Releases New Details For Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure #HarryPotter #WizardingWorldOrlando - March 12, 2019
- LEGOLAND Florida Water Park Opens for 2019 Season #BuiltForKids - March 11, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day 2019 - March 10, 2019