The Delaney Hotel and Delaney’s Tavern has moved into its next phase of construction, with official demolition beginning this week.
The demolition event of the 39,000-square-foot building on October 18, was attended by elected officials, business leaders and members of the community, and gave an inside look into the highly anticipated hotel and restaurant.
Attendees then donned hard hats and picked up sledgehammers to help kick off the second phase of construction.
The $12 million project will include complete renovation and interior rebuild of the three-story building conveniently located across Orange Avenue from the Orlando Health campus, and adjacent to the historic Delaney Park neighborhood.
Projected opening date for the 54-room boutique hotel, and 6,000 square foot bar and restaurant is scheduled for May 2017. For more information on the hotel, visit staydh.com, or eatdt.com for information on the restaurant.
[Photos courtesy The Delaney Hotel]
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 24, 2018: National Paella Day, Foxtail Coffee, DOMU, and More - March 24, 2018
- Win Easter Lunch at First-Ever Unlimited Izakaya Lunch at Dragonfly Robata Grill and Sushi @DflyOrlando - March 23, 2018
- House of Blues Orlando Presents AWOLNATION May 24, 2018 - March 22, 2018
- LEGOLAND Florida to Open Funnel Cake Factory Spring 2018 - March 21, 2018
- Orlando Science Center Hosts Top Secret Weekend March 24-25, 2018 #orlandosciencecenter - March 20, 2018
- Meet the Local Actresses appearing in Waitress at Dr. Phillips Center March 20-25, 2018 - March 19, 2018
- The Great LEGO Race Opens March 23 at LEGOLAND Florida - March 18, 2018
- Winn-Dixie Announces Plans to Close Some Central Florida Stores Following Bankruptcy Filing - March 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 16, 2018: Urbain 40, Hunger Street Tacos, Morthan Cheese, and More - March 16, 2018
- Walt Disney World to Start Charging Resort Guests Overnight Parking Fees - March 15, 2018