The Delaney Hotel and Delaney’s Tavern has moved into its next phase of construction, with official demolition beginning this week.
The demolition event of the 39,000-square-foot building on October 18, was attended by elected officials, business leaders and members of the community, and gave an inside look into the highly anticipated hotel and restaurant.
Attendees then donned hard hats and picked up sledgehammers to help kick off the second phase of construction.
The $12 million project will include complete renovation and interior rebuild of the three-story building conveniently located across Orange Avenue from the Orlando Health campus, and adjacent to the historic Delaney Park neighborhood.
Projected opening date for the 54-room boutique hotel, and 6,000 square foot bar and restaurant is scheduled for May 2017. For more information on the hotel, visit staydh.com, or eatdt.com for information on the restaurant.
[Photos courtesy The Delaney Hotel]
- SunRail to Offer Free Tickets to Kick Off Southern Expansion Stops - July 22, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup July 21, 2018: MidiCi, Taste! Central Florida, Royal Tea, Duck Donuts, and More - July 21, 2018
- Out and About: Sampling the Summer Menu at Marlow’s Tavern at Pointe Orlando #MarlowsSummer #MarlowsOrlando - July 20, 2018
- Christmas at Gaylord Palms 2018 ICE! Theme Will Be ‘A Christmas Story’ @GaylordPalms #CAGP - July 19, 2018
- Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Month Returns Aug 24-Sept 30, 2018 - July 18, 2018
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy To Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Early 2019 - July 17, 2018
- Orlando Shakes Hosts 30th Anniversary Season Gala Sept 16, 2018 @OrlandoShakes - July 16, 2018
- Frightened Rabbit Tribute Show at Will’s Pub July 19 to Benefit TWLOHA - July 15, 2018
- Universal Orlando Announces Chucky and Killer Klowns Scare Zones for Halloween Horror Nights 28 #HHN28 - July 13, 2018
- Ellipsis Brewing Marks Six-Month Anniversary with 5 Special Release Brews - July 12, 2018