Orlando Science Center will open their new KidsTown section the weekend of October 22 and 23.
The new early childhood space is nearly three times the size of the current area, encompassing 11,000 square feet of original content designed to engage and stimulate young minds.
It features seven dynamic zones with more than 75 exhibits that present little learners with iconic experiences, exciting discoveries and untold opportunities for creativity, collaboration and problem solving. These seven areas will also introduce science concepts through whole-body experiences, hands-on interactives and opportunities for imaginative role-playing.
Here’s what to expect from the new KidsTown:
Orange Grove Presented by: Dr. Phillips Charities
A reinvention of a beloved Science Center classic, the new and expanded Orange Grove is all about teamwork. Help others pick, transfer, and process oranges through sorting, and packing stations in Central Florida’s best known grove! Areas featuring a factory and farmer’s market teach our little learners the process of how oranges move from tree to table.
Isaacs Family ClimbTime
Want to tower above New KidsTown? Conquer this obstacle course full of layered platforms, suspended rope bridges, and other barriers that dare young visitors to overcome their fears and engage and test their motor skills and coordination!
Drip Drop Splash Presented by: James M. Cox Foundation
Use tools like water wheels and pipes to experiment and reveal the unique properties of water. Construct dams and fountains to create elaborate water paths and grab some friends to help fill up the reservoir for an impressive Florida rain shower!
Toddler Town Presented by: Community Based Care of Central Florida
A safe spot devoted to ages 0 to 3 (a first for the Science Center), Toddler Town encourages motor skill development as these pint-size scientists climb, lift, open, close, push, pull and explore a wide array of intriguing obstacles and objects!
Explore It! Presented by: Publix Super Markets Charities
Explore It! offers a variety of design-related activities to inspire curiosity and stimulate the imagination. Watch colorful scarves dance in the air after they travel through the impressive 18-foot Windy Tubes play area or use air pressure to keep balls aloft with the interactive Bernoulli table. Young tinkerers can play with light using a giant Lite-Brite, create their own roller coaster or make structures with traditional building blocks.
KidsTown Studio Presented by: Florida Hospital for Children
In the KidsTown Studio, adults and children can learn together through mind-bending puzzles, perplexing brain games, and engaging science experiments. This versatile space allows participants to dig deep into topics of their choice and explore at their own pace. In addition, the studio will host arts and crafts, workshops, and an opportunity to send digital good wishes to patients at Florida Hospital for Children.
Harriett’s KidsTown Theatre
Have a flair for the dramatic? Create performances and experimental plays on stage in Harriett’s KidsTown Theater! Imaginations run wild as young thespians don a costume, strike a pose and take to the stage.
The skill-based activities in New KidsTown encourage young children to invent and create, build and test, spark their innate curiosity, and empower them to author their own experience – which is an elaborate way of saying they have an opportunity to PLAY TO LEARN!
Admission to New KidsTown is included with general admission to Orlando Science Center and you must have a child 7 or younger with your party to enter. Admission costs $19.95 for adults, $13.95 for youth, ages 3-11 and free for children 2 and under. Members receive free admission.
For more information, please visit osc.org or call 407-514-2000.
- Thomas D. Jones, PhD and Captain Scott D. Altman Inducted into U. S. Astronaut Hall of Fame® at Kennedy Space Center @ExploreSpaceKSC - April 23, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup April 22, 2018: Krispy Kreme, Susuru, Little Blue Donut Co, and More - April 22, 2018
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Disney’s Animal Kingdom Anniversary Celebration April 22 - April 21, 2018
- Something New is Coming to Pandora – The World of Avatar at Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 22 - April 21, 2018
- Mamas of The NICU to Host Brunch for NICU Moms at Ace Cafe Orlando May 6, 2018 - April 20, 2018
- SeaWorld Orlando Extends Seven Seas Food Festival Through April 29 - April 20, 2018
- Sunset Music Festival Returns to Tampa May 26-27, 2018 For 7th Year With Huge EDM Line-Up #SMF2018 - April 19, 2018
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Hosts Tiffins Talks Dining Events to Celebrate 20th Anniversary - April 18, 2018
- Give Kids The World Founder Henri Landwirth Passes Away #GKTW - April 18, 2018
- ‘Something Rotten!’ Comes to Dr Phillips Center April 24–29 @drphillipsctr - April 17, 2018