This week, more than 90 historic buildings and landmarks across the U.S. and Canada will be lit up to support Stand Up For Cancer.
In Central Florida, the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye will be lit red, orange and yellow on Thursday, September 8. Other Florida locations include the Fifth Third Center in Naples, CityPlace Fountain in West Palm Beach, and Miami Tower in Miami.
“We are grateful and honored that these iconic U.S. and Canadian buildings and landmarks are standing with us in the fight against cancer,” said Lisa Paulsen, Stand Up To Cancer co-founder and president and CEO of the Entertainment Industry Foundation. “Illumination of these famous landmarks in conjunction with our telecast shines a spotlight on the importance of cancer research.”
The fifth airing of the Stand Up For Cancer live telecast will take place September 9 at 8-9pm (ET/PT), from The Music Center’s Walt Disney Concert Hall in downtown Los Angeles.
It will be broadcast via ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, along with American Forces Network, ASPiRE, AUDIENCE Network, Bloomberg TV, Bravo, Comedy Central, Discovery Life, E! Entertainment, EPIX, ESPNEWS, FM, FS2, Fusion, FXM, Great American Country, HBO, HLN, ION Television, LMN, Logo, MLB Network, National Geographic, Pivot, RLTV, SHOWTIME, Smithsonian Channel, STARZ, STARZ ENCORE, TBS, Tr3s, VH1 and WGN America commercial-free.
For more information on Stand Up To Cancer, visit standup2cancer.org.
- SunRail to Offer Free Tickets to Kick Off Southern Expansion Stops - July 22, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup July 21, 2018: MidiCi, Taste! Central Florida, Royal Tea, Duck Donuts, and More - July 21, 2018
- Out and About: Sampling the Summer Menu at Marlow’s Tavern at Pointe Orlando #MarlowsSummer #MarlowsOrlando - July 20, 2018
- Christmas at Gaylord Palms 2018 ICE! Theme Will Be ‘A Christmas Story’ @GaylordPalms #CAGP - July 19, 2018
- Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining Month Returns Aug 24-Sept 30, 2018 - July 18, 2018
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy To Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Early 2019 - July 17, 2018
- Orlando Shakes Hosts 30th Anniversary Season Gala Sept 16, 2018 @OrlandoShakes - July 16, 2018
- Frightened Rabbit Tribute Show at Will’s Pub July 19 to Benefit TWLOHA - July 15, 2018
- Universal Orlando Announces Chucky and Killer Klowns Scare Zones for Halloween Horror Nights 28 #HHN28 - July 13, 2018
- Ellipsis Brewing Marks Six-Month Anniversary with 5 Special Release Brews - July 12, 2018