This week, more than 90 historic buildings and landmarks across the U.S. and Canada will be lit up to support Stand Up For Cancer.
In Central Florida, the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye will be lit red, orange and yellow on Thursday, September 8. Other Florida locations include the Fifth Third Center in Naples, CityPlace Fountain in West Palm Beach, and Miami Tower in Miami.
“We are grateful and honored that these iconic U.S. and Canadian buildings and landmarks are standing with us in the fight against cancer,” said Lisa Paulsen, Stand Up To Cancer co-founder and president and CEO of the Entertainment Industry Foundation. “Illumination of these famous landmarks in conjunction with our telecast shines a spotlight on the importance of cancer research.”
The fifth airing of the Stand Up For Cancer live telecast will take place September 9 at 8-9pm (ET/PT), from The Music Center’s Walt Disney Concert Hall in downtown Los Angeles.
It will be broadcast via ABC, CBS, FOX and NBC, along with American Forces Network, ASPiRE, AUDIENCE Network, Bloomberg TV, Bravo, Comedy Central, Discovery Life, E! Entertainment, EPIX, ESPNEWS, FM, FS2, Fusion, FXM, Great American Country, HBO, HLN, ION Television, LMN, Logo, MLB Network, National Geographic, Pivot, RLTV, SHOWTIME, Smithsonian Channel, STARZ, STARZ ENCORE, TBS, Tr3s, VH1 and WGN America commercial-free.
For more information on Stand Up To Cancer, visit standup2cancer.org.
- February 22 is National Margarita Day – Where to Celebrate in the Orlando Area - February 22, 2018
- Busch Gardens Tampa Announces Concert Line-Up For 2018 Food & Wine Fest Starting March 3 - February 21, 2018
- 10th Annual Downtown Food & Wine Fest Returns to Lake Eola Park in Orlando Feb 24-25, 2018 - February 20, 2018
- Sonny’s BBQ Smokin’ Showdown Comes to Orlando March 3 + Win Tickets! #sonnysbbq - February 19, 2018
- Out and About: Selena Comes to Madame Tussauds Orlando - February 18, 2018
- Walt Disney World Announces Toy Story Land to Open June 30, 2018 - February 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup February 16, 2018: The Glass Knife, MidiCi, Pammie’s Sammies, and More - February 16, 2018
- Universal Orlando Adds Jason Derulo and Jessie J to 2018 Mardi Gras Headliners - February 15, 2018
- MidiCi Kissimmee Hosts #IHeartMidiCi Charity Pizza Drive During Feb 2018 - February 14, 2018
- 140th Silver Spurs Rodeo Returns To Kissimmee Feb 16-18 #silverspursrodeo - February 12, 2018