With a flourish of flames, Skull Island: Reign of Kong was officially opened at Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando.
Members of the 8th Wonder Expedition Company took to the stage to theatrically announce the attraction was now open to all to experience.
On Skull Island: Reign of Kong, guests are ushered into the attraction, where they are on a mission to discover creatures of unknown origin with that 8th Wonder Expedition Company, the research team leading the excursion. After braving ancient temple ruins and encountering hostile natives, they board a massive 40-foot-long, 17-ton expedition vehicle to navigate the increasingly foreboding terrain.
This specially designed expedition vehicle operates on a completely trackless ride system, and takes guests deeper into the ominous island where they meet the nearly three-story tall Kong.
If you couldn’t make the grand opening of the attraction, no worries. Universal has a video recap for you:
If you’ve had a chance to ride Skull Island: Reign of Kong, tell us what you thought of it in the comments.
- SeaWorld Parks and Busch Gardens Offer Free Admission To U.S. Veterans And Families - May 22, 2019
- Madonna Brings Madame X Tour to Miami for 5 Dates in December 2019 #Madonna - May 21, 2019
- Tickets Now Available for #NBA Experience Opening this Summer at #DisneySprings - May 20, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Partners with Rocket Mortgage to Honor Apollo 11 Crew @ExploreSpaceKSC - May 19, 2019
- Universal Orlando Offers First Look at Hagrid from Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Ride #HarryPotter #WizardingWorldOrlando - May 18, 2019
- Reggaeton Icon J Balvin to Play @AmwayCenter September 2019 - May 17, 2019
- Eat To The Beat Bands Revealed For 2019 #Epcot Food & Wine Festival at #WaltDisneyWorld - May 16, 2019
- INCUBUS Brings 20th Anniversary Tour to Dr. Phillips Center Nov 2019 - May 15, 2019
- TODAY Show to Live Broadcast the Grand Opening of #TODAYCafe at #UniversalOrlando @TODAYshow - May 14, 2019
- M•A•C Cosmetics to Host World Premiere Event for Disney’s Aladdin Collection at #DisneySprings @MACCosmetics - May 14, 2019