With a flourish of flames, Skull Island: Reign of Kong was officially opened at Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando.
Members of the 8th Wonder Expedition Company took to the stage to theatrically announce the attraction was now open to all to experience.
On Skull Island: Reign of Kong, guests are ushered into the attraction, where they are on a mission to discover creatures of unknown origin with that 8th Wonder Expedition Company, the research team leading the excursion. After braving ancient temple ruins and encountering hostile natives, they board a massive 40-foot-long, 17-ton expedition vehicle to navigate the increasingly foreboding terrain.
This specially designed expedition vehicle operates on a completely trackless ride system, and takes guests deeper into the ominous island where they meet the nearly three-story tall Kong.
If you couldn’t make the grand opening of the attraction, no worries. Universal has a video recap for you:
If you’ve had a chance to ride Skull Island: Reign of Kong, tell us what you thought of it in the comments.
- Fun Spot America Announces New Interactive Water Experience Coming to Orlando Park this Summer @FunSpotAmerica - March 20, 2019
- Baby Giraffe Born at #Disney’s Animal Kingdom Reintroduced to Park’s Savanna - March 17, 2019
- Busch Gardens Tampa 2019 Food & Wine Fest Starts this Weekend @BuschGardens #CorksAndCoasters - March 16, 2019
- Swamp Sistas Host La La Charity Brunch for Second Harvest March 24, 2019 @SwampSistas @feedhopenow - March 15, 2019
- Pi Day 2019 Pie Deals in the Orlando Area #PiDay - March 14, 2019
- Walt Disney World Raises 2019 Ticket Prices During Peak Periods - March 13, 2019
- Universal Orlando Releases New Details For Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure #HarryPotter #WizardingWorldOrlando - March 12, 2019
- LEGOLAND Florida Water Park Opens for 2019 Season #BuiltForKids - March 11, 2019
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day 2019 - March 10, 2019
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to Open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Aug 29, 2019 #WaltDisneyWorld #GalaxysEdge - March 7, 2019