As we get closer to the opening date for the Heroes & Legends attraction at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, it’s been announced that The Boeing Company will be the title sponsor.
During the announcement ceremony, a ten-foot long silhouette of an X-15 rocket plane was raised to the top of the building.
The X-15, which was manufactured by a legacy Boeing company, North American Aviation, flew for nearly a decade, achieving hypersonic speeds and exploring the upper edge of the Earth’s atmosphere. Its technology contributed to the development of the historic Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and Space Shuttle Programs.
A permanent replica is being designed and will appear to be launching toward space from the top of the building as a visual icon representing Boeing’s contributions to the past, present and future of human spaceflight.
“It is so fitting that the Heroes & Legends experience will bear The Boeing Company name,” Therrin Protze, chief operating officer of the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex said. “As a leader in the human exploration of space, Boeing brings such a rich history and exciting future. Their team is as passionate as we are to share the stories of the heroic men and women who have sacrificed so much and inspired so many.”
Slated to open on November 11, 2016, and positioned just inside the entrance of Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Heroes & Legends will also feature the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame.
It will be included with admission to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. For more information or to book a visit, go to KennedySpaceCenter.com.
- #Free 2019 Central Florida #Holiday Events for You and Your Family to Enjoy - December 5, 2019
- Walt Disney World to Live Stream Official Dedication of Rise of the Resistance on Dec. 4 .. #StarWars #StarWarsGalaxysEdge #RiseOfTheResistance - December 4, 2019
- Places to Donate on Giving Tuesday 2019 in Central Florida .. #GivingTuesday @HeroSparkKids @wmfeorlando @cfl_homeless @thedruproject @gktwvillage @ harborhousefl @hfuw @GLBTOrlando @MicheLeePuppets @mustardseedoffl @petallianceGO @RMHCCF @feedhopenow @vscflorida @ShepherdsHope - December 3, 2019
- Rosen Hotels Invites Central Florida to ‘Sock It To Cancer’ on Dec 6th .. @RosenHotels - December 2, 2019
- Walt Disney World To Live Stream Candlelight Processional from #Epcot Dec 3 .. #DisneyParksLive - December 2, 2019
- Central Florida Foodie Events For December 2019 .. #OrlandoFoodies - December 1, 2019
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex to Create 60s Retro Holiday Bash for Annual ‘Holidays in Space’ .. @ExploreSpaceKSC #HolidaysinSpace - November 30, 2019
- Central Florida Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals For 2019 .. #BlackFriday #CyberMonday - November 29, 2019
- FusionFest Returns to Downtown Orlando Thanksgiving Weekend 2019 .. #FusionFestOrlando - November 27, 2019
- White Castle to Open World’s Largest Location In Orlando .. @WhiteCastle - November 26, 2019