As we get closer to the opening date for the Heroes & Legends attraction at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, it’s been announced that The Boeing Company will be the title sponsor.
During the announcement ceremony, a ten-foot long silhouette of an X-15 rocket plane was raised to the top of the building.
The X-15, which was manufactured by a legacy Boeing company, North American Aviation, flew for nearly a decade, achieving hypersonic speeds and exploring the upper edge of the Earth’s atmosphere. Its technology contributed to the development of the historic Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and Space Shuttle Programs.
A permanent replica is being designed and will appear to be launching toward space from the top of the building as a visual icon representing Boeing’s contributions to the past, present and future of human spaceflight.
“It is so fitting that the Heroes & Legends experience will bear The Boeing Company name,” Therrin Protze, chief operating officer of the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex said. “As a leader in the human exploration of space, Boeing brings such a rich history and exciting future. Their team is as passionate as we are to share the stories of the heroic men and women who have sacrificed so much and inspired so many.”
Slated to open on November 11, 2016, and positioned just inside the entrance of Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Heroes & Legends will also feature the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame.
It will be included with admission to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. For more information or to book a visit, go to KennedySpaceCenter.com.
- Tame Impala Announces Rescheduled Orlando Tour Date at Amway Center for 2021 .. @AmwayCenter @TameImpala - October 19, 2020
- LEGOLAND Florida Celebrates 9th Birthday with Special Pass Pricing and Peek at 2021 .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #ThemeParkNews - October 16, 2020
- Central Florida Zoo wins AZA award for the Urban Wildlife Information Network .. @CentralFLZoo @CitySanfordFL #CFLAttractions - October 15, 2020
- Out and About: Bottomless Brunching at Cafe Tu Tu Tango in Orlando .. @CafeTuTuTangoFL #OrlandoBrunch #OrlandoRestaurants - October 14, 2020
- Kelly’s Homemade Ice Cream and Gideon’s Bakehouse Collaborate for National Dessert Day Oct 14 .. #OrlandoIceCream #OrlandoBakery - October 13, 2020
- I-Drive Businesses Form Orlando Entertainment District .. #IDrive #LoveOrlando @IDriveFun - October 13, 2020
- Orlando Area Dining News Round-Up For October 12, 2020: Sonny’s BBQ, The New Standard, Tapa Toro, Orlando Meats, Rokka’s Market, And More .. #OrlandoRestaurants #OrlandoFoodies - October 12, 2020
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex Offers Brevard County Resident Discount Oct 12-18 .. #BrevardCounty @ExploreSpaceKSC #LoveFL - October 10, 2020
- Brick or Treat Returns to LEGOLAND Florida For Family Friendly Halloween Fun .. @LEGOLANDFlorida #BrickorTreat #BuiltForKids #LoveFL - October 7, 2020
- Broadway in Orlando 20/21 Season Delayed Until April 2021 at Dr. Phillips Center .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - October 6, 2020