As we get closer to the opening date for the Heroes & Legends attraction at Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, it’s been announced that The Boeing Company will be the title sponsor.
During the announcement ceremony, a ten-foot long silhouette of an X-15 rocket plane was raised to the top of the building.
The X-15, which was manufactured by a legacy Boeing company, North American Aviation, flew for nearly a decade, achieving hypersonic speeds and exploring the upper edge of the Earth’s atmosphere. Its technology contributed to the development of the historic Mercury, Gemini, Apollo and Space Shuttle Programs.
A permanent replica is being designed and will appear to be launching toward space from the top of the building as a visual icon representing Boeing’s contributions to the past, present and future of human spaceflight.
“It is so fitting that the Heroes & Legends experience will bear The Boeing Company name,” Therrin Protze, chief operating officer of the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex said. “As a leader in the human exploration of space, Boeing brings such a rich history and exciting future. Their team is as passionate as we are to share the stories of the heroic men and women who have sacrificed so much and inspired so many.”
Slated to open on November 11, 2016, and positioned just inside the entrance of Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Heroes & Legends will also feature the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame.
It will be included with admission to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex. For more information or to book a visit, go to KennedySpaceCenter.com.
- Luke Combs Brings 2020 Tour to Amway Center in Orlando in November .. @AmwayCenter @LukeCombs - February 25, 2020
- Orlando Fringe Hosts Peace, Love, & Fringe! Fundraiser at Orlando Museum of Art Feb 28, 2020 .. @OrlandoFringe #PeaceLoveFringe - February 24, 2020
- The Weeknd Brings After Hours Tour to Amway Center in Orlando July 2020 .. @AmwayCenter @TheWeeknd - February 24, 2020
- The 13th Annual UCF-Orlando Jazz Festival Comes to UCF Feb 28-29 .. @UCF #OrlandoArts - February 23, 2020
- The TODAY Show to Broadcast Live from Universal Orlando on Feb 28, 2020 .. @UniversalOrlando @TODAYshow - February 22, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks For Celebrating National Margarita Day Feb 22, 2020 .. #NationalMargaritaDay - February 21, 2020
- Dr. Phillips Center Announces the FAIRWINDS Broadway in Orlando 2020/2021 Season .. @DrPhillipsCtr #OrlandoBroadwaySeries - February 20, 2020
- The Masked Singer National Tour Comes to Orlando’s Dr. Phillips Center This Summer .. #TheMaskedSinger @DrPhillipsCtr - February 17, 2020
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020