It may be July, but Gaylord Palms is already planning for their annual Christmas festivities, including ICE!, which this year will feature A Charlie Brown Christmas by Charles Schulz.
Watch Charlie Brown rediscover the true meaning of Christmas as the beloved classic story unfolds through interactive ice sculptures and displays. All hand-carved from 2 million pounds of actual ice by Chinese artisans.
Also new this year:
Mrs. Claus’ Holiday Traditions is a storytime and sing-along where guests can cozy around the jolliest hostess of all time, delight in the reading of holiday classic stories and sing carols during this 30-minute interactive show. This show is complete with Mrs. Claus’ world-famous cookies and a glass of cold milk.
Santa’s Snow Throw is as fun as it sounds. Guests are invited to show off their pitching prowess by tossing real snowballs at a variety of targets.
The 54-foot Christmas tree centerpiece in the hotel’s atrium has been updated with an all new light show ignited by the hotel’s all new LED based 60-foot Christmas tree.
Breakfast with Charlie Brown & Friends is a one-of-a-kind interactive character breakfast includes a delicious breakfast buffet with Peanuts-themed dishes, such as Charlie Brown’s Build-Your-Own-French Toast Station with Snoopy’s Maple Syrup, Pig Pen’s Dirty Hash Browns, Lucy’s Flap Jacks and Woodstock’s Granola. Plus, guests will get to hang out with the Peanuts gang including Lucy and Charlie Brown.
The amazing and entertaining Cirque Dreams Unwrapped will delight audiences nightly on the atrium stage. Back by popular demand, Broadway director and Cirque Dreams Founder Neil Goldberg brings his famed entertainment brand to Orlando for the second year in a row.
Created exclusively for Gaylord Palms, this year’s spellbinding production unwraps an exciting new experience featuring breathtaking artistry from around the world. The entire family can enjoy this uniquely inspired 25-minute Christmas fable and dream presented with Cirque Dreams renowned theatricality, spectacle and imagination.
The Elf on the Shelf® Scavenger Hunt also returns to Gaylord Palms this holiday season. Find all the scout elves hiding in the resort and solve the puzzles in the scavenger hunt booklet. Guests who help the scout elves will receive a special prize.
At the Gingerbread Decorating Corner, guests can choose a delectable gingerbread kit and decorate to their hearts’ content before visiting with a life-sized gingerbread man for heartwarming hugs and photo opportunities.
Christmas at Gaylord Palms wouldn’t be complete without indoor snow tubing. Alpine Rush is back this year along with Cosmic Snow Tubing and the all new Down with the Decades. Guests will be able to zoom down an eight-lane tubing hill that’s fun for all ages and covered in real snow. Cosmic tubing turns up the fun with flashing LED lights and high-spirited holiday music while Down with the Decades blasts popular music from past decades.
For the adult holiday enthusiasts, On the Blocks, the adult-only exclusive ICE! bar, will be making a return inside of the ICE! attraction serving up chilled drinks for purchase.
Also returning this year is Build-A-Bear Workshop and Photos with Santa. Both experiences are located in Alpine Village, the holiday attraction hub.
If that’s not enough, wander through the atrium’s lush gardens (over 500,000 plants) sprinkled with poinsettias, grand holiday displays and more than 2 million twinkling lights.
Christmas at Gaylord Palms will be open daily from November 18, 2016 – January 1, 2017, including holidays. Packages including resort stays are on sale today.
For more information and to purchase tickets, go to ChristmasatGaylordPalms.com.
- Orlando Science Center Hosts Top Secret Weekend March 24-25, 2018 #orlandosciencecenter - March 20, 2018
- Meet the Local Actresses appearing in Waitress at Dr. Phillips Center March 20-25, 2018 - March 19, 2018
- The Great LEGO Race Opens March 23 at LEGOLAND Florida - March 18, 2018
- Winn-Dixie Announces Plans to Close Some Central Florida Stores Following Bankruptcy Filing - March 17, 2018
- Orlando Area Dining News Roundup March 16, 2018: Urbain 40, Hunger Street Tacos, Morthan Cheese, and More - March 16, 2018
- Walt Disney World to Start Charging Resort Guests Overnight Parking Fees - March 15, 2018
- Yelp Restaurant Week Runs March 18-24 in Orlando #yelporlando - March 14, 2018
- Music Icon Richard Marx to Rock Plaza Live Orlando on March 18, 2018 - March 13, 2018
- JAY-Z And Beyoncé to Bring On The Run II Tour to Orlando’s Camping World Stadium Aug 29, 2018 - March 12, 2018
- CitySurfing Orlando’s 2018 Picks For Celebrating St. Patrick’s Day - March 11, 2018