This week Universal Orlando revealed new details on Volcano Bay, scheduled to open in summer 2017. It is described as a water theme park, and it will span 28 acres next to the Cabana Bay Resort.
Volcano Bay will offer 18 unique attractions across four primary areas of the park themed with Polynesian influences . These will include:
The 200-foot volcano is the park’s state-of-the-art marquee attraction. It will lie at the heart of the park, inviting guests to venture through its hidden caverns and cascading waterfalls.
Three distinctive body slides found at the rear of the volcano, which start off with surprise doors that drop out from beneath guests:
Ko’okiri Body Plunge – A racing, 70-degree drop that will plummet 125-feet through the center of Krakatau. It will be the world’s first slide to travel through a pool filled with guests.
Kala and Ta Nui Serpentine Body Slides – Two intertwining slides where guests will fall freely along 124 twisting feet.
Punga Racers – A high-speed race through four different enclosed slides featuring manta-shaped mats.
Located at the base of Krakatau, Wave Village will be home to:
Waturi Beach – A sparkling, multi-directional wave pool where guests can swim, relax on the sand or indulge in private, one- or two-story cabanas.
The Reef – An adjacent leisure pool will provide guests with calmer waters and exciting views of riders speeding through the Ko’okiri Body Plunge.
Named for the peaceful river that snakes through it, River Village will feature unique attractions for the entire family, including:
Kopiko Wai Winding River – A gentle, winding river that will pass through the volcano’s hidden caves, featuring spontaneous water effects and special nighttime lighting.
Tot Tiki Reef – A whimsical toddler play area with spraying Maori fountains, slides and a kid-size volcano.
Runamukka Reef – A three-story water playground inspired by the coral reef overflowing with twisting slides, sprinklers and more.
Honu – An adventurous, multi-passenger raft ride that will soar across two giant, sloped walls
Ika Moana – A twisting, multi-passenger raft ride that will glide across bubbling geysers.
Exhilarating thrills await guests in Rainforest Village, including:
Maku – North America’s first “saucer ride” – sending multi-passenger rafts speeding around three saucer-shaped curves.
Puihi – A breath-taking multi-passenger raft ride that will plunge guests into darkness before bursting into a funnel and launching into a zero-gravity drop.
Ohyah and Ohno Drop Slides – Two twisting, adrenaline-pumping slides that launch guests four- and six-feet above the water at the end.
TeAwa The Fearless River – An action-packed, racing torrent river where guests hang tight in their inner tubes amidst roaring, whitewater rapids.
Taniwha Tubes – Four unique Easter Island-inspired slides with rafts for single or double riders.
Puka Uli Lagoon – A tranquil pool where guests can swim and relax.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Each area of the park will offer its own easy-to-access, resort-like amenities, such as concierge locations and lockers, so guests won’t have to stroll out of their way to get what they need.
There will also be highly-themed restaurants and bars located throughout the park offering signature food and beverage options and impressive volcano views.
The park also promises hassle-free convenience for guests within the park. My guess is it will be some kind of RFID wristband system that will allow guests to pay for purchases and get reserved times for rides so they are able to do other things like shop or eat – which means spending more money.
Universal has already been testing a similar system at its Wet-n-Wild park, and I’m sure we’ll find out if this system will be adapted to Volcano Bay as we get closer to the opening date.
So what do you think? Are you excited for Volcano Bay to open? Do you think it will be good competition for SeaWorld’s Aquatica and Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach?
Here is the latest Volcano Bay promo video put together by Universal Orlando:
- WRESTLEMANIA® Week 2020 Events at Amalie Arena in Tampa Go Onsale Today .. @WWE @AmalieArena #Wrestlemania - December 13, 2019
- Def Leppard, Mötley Crüe, Poison and Joan Jett & The Black Hearts Bring Summer 2020 Tour to Camping World Stadium in Orlando .. @CWStadium @DefLeppard @MotleyCrue @Poison @JoanJett - December 12, 2019
- 2019 Hearthstone Collegiate Championship Fall Finals To Be Held At The Fortress At Full Sail University Dec 14 .. @FullSail @Blizzard_Ent - December 11, 2019
- Orlando Shakes presents ‘Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley’ Through Dec 29 .. @OrlandoShakes - December 11, 2019
- Tony Roma’s Hosts ‘Toys for Tots Toy Drive & Mixer’ Dec 13 .. @TonyRomas #ToysForTots - December 10, 2019
- Epcot International Festival of the Holidays 2019 Food and Drink Guide .. @WaltDisneyWorld #Epcot #Disney #Foodies - December 10, 2019
- Amazon Prime Video To Promote ‘The Aeronauts’ With Free Victorian Fair in Orlando Dec 13 .. @TheAeronautsMov @PrimeVideo - December 9, 2019
- Celebrate the ‘Songs of the Season’ at Dr. Phillips Center for Free on Dec. 12 .. @DrPhillipsCtr - December 8, 2019
- Orlando Story Club Presents “Best Of 2019” at The Abbey on Dec 11 .. @OrlandoStoryClub - December 6, 2019
- #Free 2019 Central Florida #Holiday Events for You and Your Family to Enjoy - December 5, 2019