Orlando Shakespeare Theater in Partnership with UCF kicks off its 2016-2017 Children’s Series with the beloved fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast, select dates June 16 – July 24, 2016.
Adapted by Brandon Roberts (2015’s The Frog and the Princess and 2014’s Rapunzel), the family-friendly production is based on the classic French fairy tale.
Set in an enchanted castle in a far away land, Beauty and the Beast spins a magical tale where a young beauty has been locked away by a terrible beast. The young woman’s honest and enduring love for the unsightly Beast ultimately becomes a gift of kindness that brings magical results.
Beauty and the Beast features Kimmi Johnson as Belle, James Putnam as Beast, Stephen Lima as Papa/Marcel, and Kathryn Miller as Blanche/Mrs. Granville.
The Orlando Shakes artistic team includes Director Patrick Braillard, Set Designer Kurt Bippert, Costume Designer Mel Barger, Lighting Designer Colleen Doherty, and Sound Designer Britt Sandusky.
Previews are June 16 and 17, with opening day June 18. There will also be a sensory friendly show July 9, and an ASL Interpreted show on July 16. Performances are Tuesday through Friday at 10:30am, with additional 2pm shows on Wednesday and Friday; Saturday and Sunday performances are at 2pm and 4:30pm.
Arrive early (10-15 minutes) to join members of the cast for interactive pre-show fun for the whole family before every performance. Stick around after Saturday performances of Beauty and the Beast for a special autograph session with the stars of the show.
Tickets are $9 for all 10:30am performances. All other performance times are $18 for adults, and $14 for children. They can be purchased by calling (407) 447-1700 ext. 1, online at orlandoshakes.org, or in person at the John and Rita Lowndes Shakespeare Center (812 E. Rollins St.).
[Photo courtesy Orlando Shakespeare Theater; photographer Luke Evans]
- Orlando’s Exploria Stadium Enters Into New Partnership with PepsiCo Beverages North America .. #Pepsi @OrlandoCitySC @ORLPride - February 16, 2020
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser to Debut at Walt Disney World in 2021 .. @WaltDisneyWorld #StarWars - February 15, 2020
- Fresh Kitchen to Open Lake Mary Location February 24, 2020 .. @EatFreshKitchen - February 14, 2020
- City Works Eatery & Pour House Opens at Disney Springs .. @DisneySprings #CityWorks @CityWorksUS - February 13, 2020
- Walt Disney World Raises Annual Pass Prices Feb 2020 .. #WaltDisneyWorld - February 12, 2020
- Confisco Grille at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure Launches New Global-Inspired Menu .. @UniversalOrlando - February 11, 2020
- Mad Cow Theatre offers free tickets to ‘Last Train to Nibroc’ for WWII Veterans .. @MadCowTheatre - February 10, 2020
- CitySurfing Orlando’s Picks for Valentine’s Day 2020 in Orlando and Central Florida .. #ValentinesDay - February 9, 2020
- Orlando Wetlands Festival Returns To Fort Christmas Historical Park Feb 15, 2020 .. @CityBeautiful #VisitOrlando - February 8, 2020
- Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra Announces 2020-2021 Season .. @OrlandoPhilOrch #OrlandoArts #OrlandoPhilharmonic - February 7, 2020